Thursday, 24 November 2011

Superstition

OK, this is a complete vanilla post but I'm a very superstitious person and I noticed that my posts for November were 13 - SO i just had to add a 14th...

So I thought well although i don't celebrate thanksgiving I am still thankful and I thought I might share a few with you.

I'm thankful for my son who is the light of my life.  I waited a long time to have him and he is my soul.  I adore him and am so proud of him. Thank you.

I'm thankful to have my health.  There are so many people out there suffering with sickness or having loved ones suffer with illness disease and disability, I'm so very thankful that me, my friends and family are all relatively healthy. Thank you.

I'm thankful to be alive, to enjoy the sun and the moon and the stars, to face each and every challenge that life might throw at me, despite despairing sometimes in the middle of one that this one might just be the death of me, and then it never is.  I love the saying what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Thank you.

I'm thankful for all my friends, to support me, challenge me, laugh with me, cry with me. Thank you.

And you lot, here in blog land, I'm thankful to you all for your words of wisdom and advise for listening and sharing, thank you.

I'm thankful for my husband, for the time and effort he puts into me and into us and for just being him.  I simply love him, every ounce of him. Thank you.

Also, I need to reply to the VBA that i have been nominated for AND  I will do next week, its just been a hectic week for me and I need some time to think about how to respond to it....but it will come.

In the meantime I hope everyone has a great weekend

Catch you all next week

Love and hugs
kiwi xxx

13 comments:

  1. Have a good weekend my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet list of people and things to be thankful for!

    Love,
    Kitty

    P.S. I'm thankful Thanksgiving meals are only once a year. I am so full and I didn't even get seconds. There was just a lot of things to eat:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. SG: you too my friend xxx
    Kitty: thanks :) sounds like you had a wonderful feast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can be superstitious too sometimes, not about numbers but certainly about other things so I understand! :) I'm glad you are thankful! And I like your post even if it's vanilla ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 13 is unavoidable, if you look in a passenger airplane you will never find row 13. It goes from 12 to 14. That simply means that if your seat is in row 14 the you are in reality sitting in the 13th row.
    Even if you refuse to take row 14 as seat reservation it will not help. Other people will sit there, and for the duration of the flight their faith is yours as far as concerns a possible air traffic accident.
    The only way to avoid this is to fly small planes with less then 13 rows or even seats. But you won't get far with those. Long distance flights are always bigger planes
    Perhaps this is the reason why executives of big corporations fly private jets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you aren't in America but it's always good to think about what we're all thankful for from time to time. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha trust You to bring that up Sir! ;)
    I'm a "Lucky 13" kinda person myself =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious post.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. Gratitude really does make us happy, doesn't it?

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had so many things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely list of things to be thankful for. You don't need an official holiday to think about that.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! It sounds like you have a lot in your life to be grateful for - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi everyone, thanks i just wanted to share some things Im thankful for ;) does us all some good sometimes to sit back and take stock and say thanks for things. Im glad you enjoyed the post.
    love and hugs kiwi xxx

    ReplyDelete