Monday, 21 November 2011

Goal adjustments

Tuesday 22nd November 2011
Can I sack my HOH?

Is that allowed?

 
First, he had me believe that I was in for a serious punishment last night because I had not done my exercises.  Fair enough.  I was wrought with anxiety all day yesterday.  He even told me he had adjusted his fiberglass rod to something extremely usable. 

Then he tells me late in the day that I might get a reprieve because he was feeling a little sniffly.

Then I am overcome with guilty feelings for telling a little white lie so I confess all to him.

SO he tells me when I get in that I am so in for it later.  *Gulp* why oh why didn’t I keep my mouth shut?  Well mainly because "coming clean" feels so much better.  Yes, yes I know.

I thought that was a good time to bring up the subject of exercise and so  I try to re negotiate my exercises goals, from 3 times a week down to once a week for the time being until I’m used to doing them.  No way, he was not having a bar of that at all.  I just have to get my arse into gear he told me.  I did manage with a lot of eyelash batting and smiles and pretty pleases to get it down to twice a week for the time being.  But it will increase.  Yeaaahhhh, such a relief.

Anyway, later arrives and he shows me his new implement.  He has cut the darned fiberglass rod in half, taped one end together to make a handle and with tape in between the two rods so there is a slight gap in between the two “tails”.

Over the bed I went.  I got three strokes in total.  Not very hard, but hard enough to bring tears to the eyes.  Then when I got up he grabbed my arm turned me around and give me another one for good measure and then I was told to get into bed.

This is really great in the fact that he followed through.  But I have to admit that I was a little disappointed.  Well that’s the wrong word, I can’t think of the right word to describe how I felt.  Yes, he followed through and that was great, but it was far less than I was expecting.  I said something similar to him and he offered more – how very kind of him but  I graciously declined.  But I felt…well let down.  And this was increased this morning when I got up and did my exercises because I only did them for two reasons:

One, PK mentioned something in her comment that made me stop and think…if I didn’t do them then he would think its not working and would maybe stop.
Second, Sweet girl and I have a pact that we are going to meet our exercise goals each week

I didn’t do them because I was punished last night.  Because I don’t “feel” like I was punished.   I didn’t get a telling off as such, just told to “bend over and let me show you my new toy” kind of thing.

But then, just after I have finished my exercises this morning, we were having a slight disagreement over a bill (that granted should have been paid long ago and it wasn’t thanks to my carelessness) and I get pulled across his knee and a quick hand spanking and a spanking with a cork place mat – owwwie they hurt more than you would think!  So even though I still get up and do my exercise, I still get a spanking this morning.  But I didn’t get spanked because of the non payment of the bill – which maybe I should have done, but because I was arguing with him.  Dang, I just can’t seem to get it right some days.

And to go and make matters worse, I have deliberately disobeyed him this morning.  He told me not to pay it today, it can be paid later this week and he will do it.  But I did it this morning via Internet banking.  Smart thing Internet banking, I love it.  Smart thing me, nope may god have mercy on my soul.  But then again, he probably won’t follow through. 

I feel in a complete tangle today, if that makes any sense?  And all I wanted to do was submit to my punishment last night, that I had worked myself up about all day but resided myself to my fate and determined to stay in place and accept it, and then it happened kind of.  Then I get pulled across his knee this morning for something completely different and now an act of out and out disobedience.

Yep, a massive tangle of emotions.  Maybe I should email him and tell him.  But he won’t read it.  Maybe I should tell him how I am feeling but I’ll get my words in a muddle and it won’t come out right.

I love him so, and I so want this DD to work.  I feel that we are on the right track but just sometimes it doesn’t go quite how I thought it would, how I was expecting.  I think that is my problem to work on, to be more submissive.  To submit to whatever punishment or not he decides for each discretion.  That’s the hard part.  To submit to his decisions whatever they are, whenever, each and every time. 

So in summary
On the plus side:
1.   He made himself a new implement;
2.   He followed through and spanked me for not doing my exercises yesterday morning, there and then just like I wanted;
3.   He didn't put up with any nonsense this morning and once again spanked me for being argumentative, there and then, just like I have been asking for;
4.   He is thinking implements and wants more (I'm thinking this is a plus because he is thinking DD).
5.   My exercise goal has been re-adjsuted to something I feel I can achieve.

On the down side:
1.   He made himself a new implement from hell.
2.   I didn't feel punished after my spanking last night, because he didn't tell me off as such, he didn't give me a lecture, nothing.  I was just told to bend over and when he did spank me it was far less than I was expecting.

Maybe, as the ups outway the downs,  we are getting there slowly.  I have admitted to my act of disobedience.  I have emailed him and told him.  So now its up to him to decide if and how he wants to deal with me and for me to submit to that decision. 

One little bit of silver lining - at least the bill is paid. 





9 comments:

  1. Oh kiwi, kiwi, kiwi...SMH

    While I totally understand your feelings, let's try a different spin. It sounds to me like you are upset because the outcome didn't measure up to your idea of it. That's kind of unfair to him. If you're going to allow him to be in charge then you have to let him. Consider this: If you had no preconceived notion of how you thought the punishment would/should go -- then you may not have been disappointed when it didn't measure up.

    As your HOH, it kinda is his call. Perhaps he has reasons. Or maybe he just wasn't up to it - for a number of reasons. But you can't really have it both ways (I know, it seems against your nature, lol. You can't be upset for the lack of follow through and then be upset because you aren't satisfied with the follow through.

    It kinda sounds like you want to make the rules, break the rules, set the punishment and set the type/intensity of punishment. What then, is left for him to do?

    My $.02 is to sit down and talk to him. Maybe come up with an infraction = punishment chart. Just be prepared for him to falter on the punishment occasionally the same way you falter on the obedience occasionally.

    Ok, well, maybe more than occasionally.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to be this way. I use to control how he would dominant me and so forth. I was trying to play roles and in there ended up frustrated, hurt, and still didn't get what I wanted because I wasn't allowing him to control, dominant and lead the way He felt he needed to. Once I quit trying to be dominant and submissive it helped a great deal and he stepped up to the plate a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me that you're having trouble really letting go, really letting him lead. And believe me, I can understand that. It's not easy, this submission thing. Give him room and time to grow, while you do the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was totally with you, I've so been there... and then I read the comments. =p (thanks guys!)

    J and I are on a break right now, but we've had some discussions about DD recently and I'm not sure how far off our restart is... anyway, we're pretty new to the whole thing so we've struggled a bit with things.

    I agree that its hard to cope with a punishment that feels like "um, that's it?". I'm not at the point of fully trusting, I know that. And its double hard because it is not J's idea and I know at this point he really has to work his way up to punishing at all... so to ask for more is almost bruising to him.

    I can't tell you, "just hold on and it all works out" cuz I'm not there yet. But from what I've read on these blogs, things can really change in a year or more... I'd do your best to swallow expectations in the "moment of". If you're concerned about how it's progressing, maybe create an idea of "punishment levels" for levels of disobedience (according to him).

    Well, good luck! I'm rooting for you!

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what to say, because I do understand your frustration. It's hard to not have certain expectations. At the same time, he is so clearly finding his feet in this and growing in confidence and you don't want to knock that out from under him. I don't think I ever asked him to, but something my husband naturally started doing was to talk to me a couple hours after or the next day and ask me how I felt things had gone. Sort of a "was it effective" conversation. The fact that it is always separated from the emotion of the actual spanking is good because I can be objective and tell him the truth...although I always start with the positive and am careful about the negative. Those quick conversations have helped us a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think trying to look at it from a different (ie: his :) angle might help? He also has a huge responsibility. It's quite a weight on our guys shoulders and I think we sometimes forget this, myself included. You need to remember that he is new to all this and he's still finding his way, still trying to affirm his role. While you (like myself too) have had quite a bit longer to get the ideal scenario worked out in your head and the problem with this is, when it doesn't measure up, we feel, well some or all of the above. I think perhaps maybe he might not be 100% sure what is expected of him yet and only sitting down and having a really good char about it all is the way to go. Easier said than done as I feel I talk about things all the time and worry that Mitch feels either bombarded or fed up listening lol. I think there's got to come a time when we have to let go and let them find there own way :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I was going to say pretty much the same as everyone above, so I won't bore you with repeating their comments. Kiwi, Honey, you even wrote out what amounts to a score card right on your post. He's not going to be able to meet your every fantasy each and every time of how things should go, and he needs the time and space to make this thing WE do (that's you AND him) his own. Patience, and acceptance of doing things his way needs to be balanced with expressing your needs when you feel you have to. Hang in there. Things have come a long way if you really think about it!

    I am glad you did the excercise because you knew you should, because you got support from a friend. It's not supposed to always have to be about "or else" from him, is it? Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kiwi, I have no words of wisdom to share, but I feel your frustration, it leaps right off the page. Good Luck and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a question. Do you feel that your expectations are what the most important thing in the DD part of your relationship is?

    ReplyDelete