Thursday 3rd November 2011
Oh what a morning I have had this morning. I would love to say roll on home time but when home time comes I’m facing very nasty consequences of last night’s shopping fail and this morning’s major bad temper.
I got a taste this morning of what is coming and a promise that it won’t be forgotten … I don’t like my bathroom anymore – it has too many cords hanging around just handy for him to grab, fold over and whip me with.
I’ll go back to last night and shopping.
What a major fail. I tried. I did listen to him. I tried so hard, but is it my fault prices increase? I failed to stick to the budget. I have been doing so well too. I am disappointed in myself but maybe I had become too complacent?
He didn’t ask last night and I didn’t volunteer the information – another black mark.
This morning dawned and over a cup of tea I told him about the shopping. Nothing, not a word was said - at first. Then it was discovered we had no water. Changes are happening at work and I HAD to be here on time first thing this morning to work for a new boss. I was stressing about it anyway – suddenly I couldn’t get ready, my hair was a mess, I couldn’t have a shower, I was going to be late, my son would be late for school, I ended up have a very nasty hissy fit and swearing at him and accused him of not wanting to help out by taking the kids to school and not wanting to be a family unit. I told him to fuck off (Oh god that is so bad and awful). I stormed off to the bathroom to finish trying to get ready for work (as best I could) and I heard his footsteps behind me.
Uh oh!
I started crying as he came into the bathroom. Not bawling but tears spilling over.
Yup, he started yelling back at me that it’s not his fault and that I shouldn’t be taking it out on him and how dare I say such horrible things to him.
“Where is that cord” he said as he turned me around and folded the cord up and managed to whip my butt all in one swift move (how do they do that!). I got three good whacks with the cord – owie it hurts. And I was told in no uncertain terms that tonight we are going through the shopping receipt to see where I can do better – yawn – and I will be getting a more substantial punishment for both the shopping fail and my temper tantrum, and such behaviour will not be tolerated. I admit even though it was only three swipes with the cord it calmed me down. I felt better immediately.
I am feeling very ashamed of how I reacted and I feel terribly guilty for what I said to him. I know I deserve whatever he wants to give me. I actually hope I get a good lecture from him first. I don’t feel overly bad about the grocery shopping. I do try very hard to stick to it. I’m sure they put prices up just before Christmas.
I so wish it was tomorrow already.
Oh, my, kiwi! You sound like me sometimes. It's hard to not stress when you're going to be late. I hope your bottom isn't too red tomorrow when you go to work;)!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Kitty
Oh. I am so sorry you had such a rough morning! I hope things are calmed down by now and the two of you have worked them through! Sara
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that your day started off so bad - that sucks! The benefit of DD is that when mistakes are made, consequences delivered, forgiveness is granted and you can start fresh! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIm sorry Kiwi :( I hope its not bad tonight.
ReplyDeleteKiwi: I am sorry. But some of your punishments seem a bit harsh. I do not agree with getting punished because you bought too many groceries. I have had a hard time reading your posts lately because I feel your marriage is going from dd to an abusive one. I care and I hope you will take a closer look at some other dd blogs and then read yours. I feel so bad saying this but I feel like you are being abused.
ReplyDeleteUgh, sorry that the shopping didn't go so well and then the icky stuff in the morning. Things like not having water or power will put me over the edge quickly too. I hope you'll have a good talk, get it all resolved and be able to start over.
ReplyDeleteDamn, girl, I was so sure you would stick to the budget last night!!!
ReplyDeleteIs the budget too tight? I seem to remember when he went shopping, he went over too...it seems harsh that you are expected to stick to it when he can't...?
As for this morning, well, all I can say is "oops...!" I too flare up sometimes at Davey... when I am stressed out. He understands, and forgives, but, yes, there are consequences...! xxxxxxx
I think the budget you have needs amended somewhat to be honest.
ReplyDeleteAs for the hissy fit....... I can see why :)
Hope you both can talk about it all first.
Dee x
Oh Honey,
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrible way to start the day. I have to say, I agree with the others about the budget possibly being to tight. There are just some things you can't control, you don't set the prices. As for the hissy fit, we all slip sometimes. I hope you get whatever it is you need to get to a better place.
Kiwi I hope you don't mind me telling you: I do not agree how he is handling the situation. OK it is true that on paper you are at fault, twice over. But he as HOH has the ultimate responsibility for things that go wrong. At risk of alienating you, which I would really regret, I have to say he lost control over you. The corrections have to become ever more extreme and the results are in continuous decline. Despite of all the external factors You already have to deal with, you have to face this as well. Failing to do so will damage your relation. You need to sit around the table as 2 adults. I would really like to tell you something else, but this is all I can make out of it.
ReplyDeleteKITTY: Yet again my husband was extremely consistent in his inconsistency!
ReplyDeleteSARA: Yeah - bad day :(
CHRISTINA: Still waiting for the consequences
SAW: God night beo honest - nothing happened.
SG: Oh honey i promise im not being abused. Im sorry you are finding my blog hard to read. Ill be careful waht emotions i put in from now on. I agree though the grocery budget needs changing. Its too low.
SUSIE: I hope so too - and soon!
DC: The budget needs changing absolutely. Ive a bad temper - not good but im still waiting for the consequences.
DEE: Yup i agree - yess horrible start to the day - and it didnt end up how i thought it would so nothing is resolved.
FAERIE: thanks. I agree budget is too low. I hope so soon too.
ELDER: I agree with you. I can feel it. Its not feeling so good.
Kiwi,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry too that your day started off so badly.
Please don't feel you need to keep your emotions in check. This blog is your support system and you should be able to express your feelings.
Hope tomorrow is a better day.
Sweetpea
HI sweetpea - thank you :) its all good. Im feeling very emtional right now and disappointed that my punishment hasnt happened yet - im on edge - but its getting harder and harder to talk to him about it - i feel like im obsessed but i just want to get it right you now, get into the flow.
ReplyDeleteThings will be better.
Thanks again for your kind words xxx
We all blow up sometimes. I hope you two work it out tonight. With how often this same rule gets broken it sounds like it might be best to renegotiate your budget. If it's not realistic, he shouldn't expect you to stick with it. Good luck!
ReplyDeletehi gurl!
ReplyDeleteYour budget needs changing (i'm not saying it as nicely as the rest because it is a need not a it would make it a bit easier) and I agree with Sir, it's time to sit down and talk about what is not working (and no i'm not meaning the spanking here!).
Tempers....well won't say nothing about that :p
Luffs ya!
xxx
It does appear as if the budget needs revisiting. If it is truly a case where prices has risen, it will be an exercise in futility in trying to stick to it. I understand someone has to be in charge, but it is unfair to make it impossible for you to succeed.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope it works out for you!
Hi Lea - yes its all sorted now :)
ReplyDeleteSG: mmm maybe but i also think that maybe i was testing, the previous week was a complete mistake - i wasnt paying attention, and nothing happened so i think last week i was testing.
BABYGIRL - thanks :) as i just said I think i was testing - ive stuck to the budget for so long - ive now only broken it 3 times since it was set - not bad going - the previous week i was not paying attention, nothing happened, so i think last week i was testing! - as we do.