Sunday, 25 November 2012

Spanked, sent to bed…then spanked again



Times are a changing in my household.

Night shift starts in a week’s time and all of a sudden my HOH is showing me He IS and ALWAYS WILL BE the boss.

We had maintenance last night.  Sunday night is our night.  Sir had decided that as his night shifts were starting in a week, that he should maybe start to acclimatize his body and start going to bed a little later.  He said that I had to go to bed at what is our usual time but that he would stay up.  I whined and moaned about it (not a sensible thing to do on maintenance night) But to no avail.  Come 10.30pm he pointed his finger to the stairs.

“Up you go” he said.  I groaned and got a swat for my trouble.  And he soon followed and I was soon bent over the bed

We had a few little issues to deal with that had occurred during the week that he hadn’t “dealt” with there and then; nothing too major as I had been pretty much a good girl, except one little incident.  I had a slight rebellion during the week and broke a rule that I am not allowed energy drinks, one in particular as it’s pretty bad for the body, but boy does it taste nice.  Anyway, yeah I bought one and then when asked about it I had lied.   So yes, I guess I deserved the spanking that I got for that.

Anyway, Sir proceeded to remind me that no matter what hours he works, he is and always will be the boss and I am to heed him.  I know the rules, I know how to handle myself and to make sure I do just that.  He reminded me that he will be reading my book each morning he comes home and HE WILL deal with anything he feels he needs to on a morning before I come to work.  “Send you to work with a sore bum” where his words.

We finished up.  Boy oh boy he has the patience of a saint my man does.  I jump around like something not quite right, like jumping beans.  I cannot manage to stay in position.  And when I say I don’t stay in position, honesty,

I jump up and hop around the room like a kangaroo on speed.  How can I learn to stay in position?  That’s for another post I guess.  Anyway, I had three more to take he said so just stay put and take them.  I did manage that.  Owww.  Three bloody hard ones.

And then the bomb shell.


I got sent to bed.


I couldn’t quite believe it.


He wouldn’t budge when I tried to argue.  No he said, I need my sleep he said.  He kissed me and snuggled me into bed still sniffling and bottom smarting soundly.

I tried to be a good girl and I did try to go to sleep.

To no avail.

2 hours later I got back up again.  I plodded my way downstairs but as soon as I opened the door I got an angry barrage from Sir telling me to heed him, go back to bed, I need to sleep.  I tried to tell him that it was pointless, I just couldn’t sleep.  He lectured that I would have to get used to it, that I can’s stay up all night just because he is not going to be around.  I tried to explain that it’s going to take a little while for me to get used to it.

With a huge sigh and an ominously sounding “Right!” he got up, switched off the TV and the lights,  marched me back upstairs, bent me over the bed, soundly paddled me again for disobeying him, declared that from now on I am going to have a bed time of  no later than 10.30 and obey or else.  He sent me back to bed, got in himself and went to sleep.  Leaving me laying there, on my tummy with no covers on because my behind was rather too hot and sore…trying my best to go to sleep.

I have unleashed a monster.

Urggghhhh 10.30 bedtime.  It would be fine if he were with me …I am going to have so much trouble trying to stick to this, because for the first few weeks there is no way I’m going to be able to sleep that early without him in bed next to me.  I guess I am just going to be in so much trouble FULL STOP!




11 comments:

  1. Wow! Not a good situation. It is so hard to sleep without my husband, especially if I have to do it when he is around, just not going to sleep. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blondie, yeah Im finding it hard...but it could be because he is jsut downstairs at the moment. Id much rather sit up with him and then deal with it next week when he actually starts. But he wants me in bed asleep, knowing im asleep and then he isnt going to worry about me when he is away at work.
      *sigh*

      Delete
  2. Yuck! I hate bedtimes. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Fondles, this is a new one for me! I was told last night that if i disobey and get out of bed then i will be in trouble. Though saying that he did let me stay up with him last night for a couple of extra hours.

      Delete
  3. I am a complete night owl and hate being told to go to bed. I should probably have a bed time Lol

    It will take some time to adjust to the new regime, especially trying to sleep with him not there. I guess you just have to keep trying at it each night and hopefully it will get easier. Good luck!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz
      Becareful what you wish for. This is completely new for me and we have been doing ttwd for about a year now give or take. I will get used to it. One night at a time. :)

      Delete
  4. I too can't sleep without my husband in bed. Awful.. but I'm also a night owl, so an early bedtime would really be hard to keep!! (hugs)
    Sent to bed is the worst, I've had it happen twice now, but... I think I may have needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emi Jones...yes it was a first for me. I was told last night that if i disobey then Im in big trouble. He wants me in bed and not worried about me when he is away working, hence I need to get used to it now.
    Hmmmf! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Retraining your sleep habits is a tough thing to do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This brings back unpleasant memories of struggling with a bedtime this summer. Sometimes working yourself up makes it impossible to sleep. One thing I have found is that, just like with children, it helps a lot to have a very deliberate bedtime ritual of 30-60 minutes. For me it was washing up, changing into pajamas, washing dishes and doing last-minute tidying, setting out clothes for the next day and what I needed to take with me, and then journaling and/or reading. Also, not that this should be a problem for you, making sure if I went out that I got home a full hour before bedtime to make sure I could transition.

    Sorry to tell you this but the first time I got a bedtime (years ago) it took a good 3-6 months for my body to adjust. Just keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Lea said, it's not easy to retrain sleeping habits. I hope it works out well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete