Don’t you just hate them? I know I do. I had one last night. I deserved the punishment, I really did. But it hasn’t made me feel any better. I will explain.
I had a horrible weekend.
Last week Sir
in front of me, something that means the world to me. Something I THOUGHT meant the world to him. (I now realize it still does but at the time, well it was just about the end of the world to me and I reacted that way).
On Saturday, he dropped the bombshell and
and took it away (for the time being) I started to tail spin.
I could feel the storm brewing in side of me as I sat silent and still, wiping away tears as we drove home.
I was very sad
And I was .
We got home and we argued and then he talked to me, he touched me, held my hand, little gentle touches here and there as we talked. I sat on the end of the bed and cried silent tears and he lay and reached out his hand to touch mine. He had no idea I was crying. I didn’t tell him I was crying. He was tired, he had had very little sleep the night before and so he crashed and I left him to sleep. He thought we were OK. He thought he had explained himself but he hadn’t, not properly. I wrote him a letter and what made it worse he read it but didn’t say a word about it. I kind of exploded at that point. Tears, angry words, threats of leaving, the works. And what made it worse, this was in front of the kids.
We made friends by the end of the night. We didn’t go to bed angry. He explained his reasons and they made sense. He fixed my heart up with bandages and kind words and love.
Sunday was not too bad. Kids didn’t seem any worse for wear and we were getting along. He had explained things to me again and his explanation of why he temporarily took away my carrot makes perfect sense. I don’t like it, but I do understand it. And I admit I did over react.
Sunday was as usual maintenance night. I still felt bad about the previous day. I wrote down in my accountability book what happened and why I thought it should be recorded. He shouldn’t let me say things like that in front of the kids. He shouldn’t let me get into such a state. I got the room ready with pillows and the book
Bedtime finally came around. He read my book. He bent me over the bed and I was punished.
But no words were said. It hurt, of course and I think he was quite harsh. The tears came
easily. But he was silent except when I forgot to say Thank you Sir.
Then, when the caning was over, came my usual corner time that is supposed to turn me back into an angel
Then it was sleep time. He stepped up. I am grateful for that. But I do so hate silent punishments. I need words, I need the lecture. I absolutely needed it last night. I don’t feel quite right today.
He was not very well last night and he is still not well today. I would talk to him but I don’t want to sound ungrateful for what he does. I do appreciate that he steps up when I step out of line. I don’t want to ask him for words. I don’t want to sound as though I’m complaining. He wasn’t well but still he took me to task last night.
I don’t feel secure and I don’t feel like I have my safety net. I feel like any moment now he is going to leave. Its all in my head, I know this. It will be OK. He will be well again and all the little things he says and does to make me feel secure will be back. But right now.....well.








I think we all need that reassurance in words, especially after a spanking. It puts us to rights and helps us know that everything is okay again. I do suppose it is something you need to help him understand and I realize that's hard. You don't want him to feel like he's doing anything wrong. You'll know how when the moment is right Kiwi!
ReplyDeleteHi Susie, yes and for me its about mind set and the lecture frst or during really gets me there. I find i can more easily submit to the punishment and "take it". If that makes sense? I will find the right time, Im sure. Thank you for your encouragement.
Deletexx
Im sorry :( i know how hard it can be to not have your full needs met but also not wanting to complain about it, because you dont want to lose what you have or make someone feel unappreciated. Its a shitty position to be in and i really hope it gets better.. But on a happier note your added pictures are so freakin cute and i love them!
ReplyDeleteHi Playful, thank you. Yes it can be hard and to be honest he is doing such a wonderful job so far...just needs tweaking but last night nor today are the right times to discuss it as he is not well at all :( poor man. Yet he still took me to task last night....it will get better I know, just a little hard right now.
DeleteAnd thanks. Im slowly learning about blogger and enjoying adding the pics :D
xxx
I'm sorry you are still feeling sad. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteLove, Isabella
Hi Molded. Thank you. It was a tough afternoon...but I so badly over reacted and so badly deserved punishment...and so desparately NEED the words but they didnt come. It will get better :) xxx
DeleteAww I hope you feel better. Silence is hard on me as well. I just want SOMETHING, SOME form of communication! I know that silence isn't always bad. However, when I'm upset I get quiet. When others get quiet on me, I automatically assume it's the same. Lots of love and hugs to you.
ReplyDeletewell, i guess the communicationw as the sing of the cane on my behind. He didnt pull any punshes thats for sure - and i got a few welts. I guess this time around i need some time to process the punishment. Its over and done with for him...this time not for me...its going to take a little longer...ill get there. Im going to just go with the flow...if he "lectures" during the punishment, great. If he doesnt, well im just going to accept it anyway. Well, at least Ill try to....
DeleteI don't want to upset the applecart or anything...but I just wondered...
ReplyDeletehave you asked him how it needs to be for him? What he needs to feel/gain from spanking you?
Because sometimes what each half of a couple needs/wants is different, and their needs/feelings are just as important as ours... and compromises have to be worked out....
I am sorry you are sad. But, I am confident you will process it and get to where you want to be in the end. Hugsssssssssss for now, xxxxx
Hi Daisy - that is a bloody good point. I do very often ask him if he is happy with everything, is he still OK with this etc. I haven't actually asked him what his NEEDS are. But I am sure he would tell me anyway when I ask him how he feels about everything and is he still OK with it.
DeleteI think firstly he wasnt feeling all that well last night...and I dont think he knows quite what to say during a maintenance session, even though it felt more like a punishment for me....i need to let things go with the flow...if he lectures he lectures, if he doesnt he doesnt.
Im not feeling quite as sad as i was earlier...we have spoken on the phone and so Im feeling better :)
but i think i will ask him tonight would he prefer to be quiet when he spanks me ..... see what he says - ill let you know :)
thank you Daisy ...really good point
hugs kiwi xxx
Words are so important - we need some type of communication or affirmation or something!
ReplyDeleteyes we do but maybe he didnt, maybe he just needed to put his point across with the cane. He did. So I am rolling with it. If the silence continues then I may say someting and have some stright time discussions about our needs in ttwd...but I will wait and see for now. :) xx
DeleteIt keeps amazing me how when I read someone elses post I can identify because I've been there. One of the biggest blessings for me reading them, so I hope that what I write is a help.
ReplyDeleteI felt you in this post, because I have felt it too; a disconnect of sorts, that fear that he will leave, but he has given no reason for that fear to even be present. I know it's emotion. I call it my dark cloud. What I'v learned most over the past year that I need to communicate. Sometimes it's just letting Dave know that I feel the dark clouds over me. It's my way of letting him know that I'm feeling something that isn't good, just not sure what, or where it's coming from, just hanging over my head.
I am sorry you are feeling this way, really sorry because I know how it feels and I don't wish anyone to feel it. I do hope it doesn't hang on long and that you will feel better very soon.
Hi Jacquie. thank you. I am feeling better. Things are back to how they are and he is feeling better :) thankfully. xx
DeleteAh Kiwi I'm sorry. I really want you to get what you need too! Do you have conversations about ttwd? Particularly AFTER a spanking? I find I can talk more easily and openly after one! Go figure eh lol! I hope things get back on track soon.
ReplyDeleteDee x
Hi dee, yes its funny how we can talk about spanking when we have just had one. Things are better. He is feeling better which perhaps was the main cause of it. I thanked him last night for doing maintenance even though he was not well. He just smiled and hugged me. it was nice xxx
DeleteKiwi, I'm sorry, but all I keep thinking about after reading your post is that you exploded like that in front of your kids. I know you said that they seemed okay, but it's really hard on children to witness that kind of stuff between their parents. Have you talked to them about it at all? There have been times when I've gotten upset and said things that I wish I hadn't in front of my kids (what parent hasn't?), but I've always taken them aside later on, after things have calmed down and talked with them about it. If you haven't done that, I encourage you to do so.
ReplyDeletehi Grace, of course I did :) I talked to both of them on their own. Explained and apologised. Things are back on track xxx
DeleteHi kiwi, so glad to hear things are better. Your sadness was really, really strong. And I agree with Daisychain here...that what he needs might be to punish you silently and that some things we don't get to decide. D almost never lectures me. The lecture part would help me to understand and to help me feel better because I'd know what to do, but that's not her style. She says I already know and that there's no point in rehashing everything. Plus that I argue back and always have 100 excuses why not...sadly all true. So maybe the silence, even if it feels shattering to you, is part of the discipline. And perhaps instead of asking him to do a punishment the way you want, you can just go to him and say, "I still feel bad because I messed up, and I just wanted to check if things are ok. Can you hold me?" Because I think that's what you really want.
ReplyDeleteHi Ana,
ReplyDeleteYes, I think im starting to see and agree. Its like when there is the scolding it easier to submit and then accept the punishment. When there are no words said and you just have to submit to the punishmet its much much harder. But that is our job to submit or learn to submit...not an easy job.
Good luck to us both my friend :) xxx
I am pleased that your husband uses the CANE on your bare bottom. For I believe it is the ultimate corporal punishment implement when a wife is naughty, and displeases her husband.
ReplyDelete