Friday 28th October 2011
TTWD. Or should it be this thing I do.
I feel totally confused and I admit I am ready to give it up
It’s my own fault.
I don’t communicate well.
TTWD should be simple, it really should be
Set rules
Set consequences for breaking rules
HOH follows through with said consequences when said rule is broken.
A "just because spanking" once a week just to reconnect, reset and remind me to behave and remind me hubby is boss - and because I like them.
Easy?
Simple?
Yeah right!
I broke a rule this week. I broke the budget rule. This is only the second time since it was set. The first time I broke it he gave me incentive enough with the cane that very night to do my very best to stick to it. I have done so well since. But this week I lapsed. NO excuses - I just wasn’t paying attention. He said I deserve a spanking for it. Yes I know. Did he spank me? No.
I swallowed my pride and emailed him yesterday saying that I agree with him I deserve said spanking and asked him was he going to do it? He didn’t read it until this morning. He just read it out loud and then said nothing else. It made me feel about an inch tall. Maybe that is my punishment.
I thought the book would create a framework. Oh I can’t complain every second weekend he goes through it and gives me accountability. He has been so good with doing that not even needing a reminder or me asking him if he wanted to do it. He just tells me tonight is the night. But it’s the delay factor that is causing my angst I think. There are reasons we set rules and so there are consequences if they are broken. Difficulties occur and so the rules are set to avoid those difficulties, to make life a little easier within our home. By the time I get the accountability, it seems to have little effect.
I think there are certain things that can wait to the end of the week. For example, one rule is to exercise three times a week. That accountability could wait until Sunday – because who knows there might be a miracle happening and I could get it all done by Sunday. The same with weekly weight loss – that can only be done once a week (or fortnightly depending on how often the weigh in is).
Whereas shopping night is a set night with a set rule – if I break that rule it should be punished straight away to avoid the same mistake being made the next week – to encourage and remind me to stick to the rule as its set for a specific reason.
I think disobedience is another rule that needs to be punished straight away and not kept for the weekend accountability. For example when I let my mouth run off the other weekend when provoked by someone – I was implicitly told not to do that – and I disobeyed. I was punished for it but not straight away – it went in the book and was “counted up” at the next accountability.
I’m confused and I don’t really know what to do next. WE have a one off night alone tonight so I have to swallow my pride again and talk to him. No matter how difficult it is and no matter how I may stumble on my words. I need to talk to him, see how he is feeling with ttwd, ask him if we can tweak things a little bit.
Here's hoping.
No one said this would be easy. Does it sound like it should be? Yes. But people just aren’t simple creatures. Talking to him is a very good thing. Be prepared for his reply. You don’t know what it might be.
ReplyDeleteAww I'm sorry :( That let down feeling is the worst. Communication is the hardest part of TTWD. Because sometimes, even when we speak, they don't really hear us. My written journal has been my saving grace through all of this. I have to write in it every day and he has to read it every night. It opens up lines of discussion between us that wouldn't have been there without him reading my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThings will get better. It's just that whole Eb and flow thing right now. Yes, you've got to speak, but he needs to really hear you.
Sending positive thoughts and feelings your way:)
~Princess xoxo
i have been at this place and am hoping you guys can talk your way throught it! sending well wishes your way!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your hubby! TTWD isn't for weak people! It's for people who are willing to do the work to get the prize... a wonderful relationship with your man... like nothing you had before!!
ReplyDeleteIt's worth the trouble... and the struggle!!
Keep us posted!! xxxxx
My suggestion: share all this with him. Let him know that you need the immediate correction for some things and let him know how you feel. Sit down and talk or email him. I hope you get it all settled soon. I hate the uneasy feeling.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry...I know what you're saying. Been there...it's still hard when it happens, which is less and less. For us, we had to learn to communicate all over again...it was hard, and deffinatly worth it.
ReplyDeletethinking and praying of/for you both.
dragonfly
Kiwi, send him this post...and then talk to him, and listen to him too. Part if what's needed is the both of you learning to communicate better. Don't give up! Sara
ReplyDeleteDRAGONS ROSE: Thank you. People are not simple at all are they. I think I know how he will react and Im sure it will be positive - if only i could talk to him as easy as i write it down.
ReplyDeletePRINCESS: thats a good idea - i might just incorporate a journal in to my naughty book - at the end of each week or beginning of the new week have a few thoughts about my previous week and the punishment. Thank you for the suggestion....i think that could work well :D
KENDRA: Thankyou - more talking cant beat it really - shame its so hard to do though.
MIKKI: Thanks chick. You are so right.
SAW: Good advice. Thank you. Im gong to try. I hate that uneasy feeling too.
DRAGON FLY: Thanks you - it seems to come around in cycles this learning curve...:)
SARA: Thank you....yes you are right. I need to get over my struggle of talking and just talk. I dont want to give up i really dont.
thank you all for your encouragement. I feel a bit sad becasue i thought we had past this stage but it seems not.... a continual learning curve :)
Communication is the key. Talk to him about it again and you may be surprised at how it may improve things. Good luck.
ReplyDeletesometimes we (us subs/wives) have to accept that they will do things on their time frame not ours...it is up to us to follow the rules whether they enforce it or not...if you truly desire and need to submit because it is who you are then you will whether or not he is showing his dominance.I had to realize this because in truth punishment is not part of our ttwd.
ReplyDeleteI really hope your talk with him goes well!
ReplyDeleteYou guys need to talk, open and honestly. It needs to work for 'both' of you. Remember you're pretty new to this dynamic, as is he, don't be too hard on yourself Kiwi........ It seems to me that it is a lack of communication/blurred boundaries between you and maybe a wee bit lack of 'understanding' it all on his part. I may be wrong..... But I think after a really honest talk, you may be surprised and hopefully will feel much better. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteDee x
what about the positive stuff? the fun stuff? It's all focused on negativity from what I read. It's all about punishments rather than encouragement and positive reinforcements. Instead of support and leadership/following it's about rules and right/wrong. Why do you rely so much on the punishments to behave? Because I think that's what you do, maybe subconsciously I don't know. You need to find it in you to do it, get the motivation (of course he should too! but this is where positive reinforcement and encouragement come in), to want to do it. (I know you do but I mean not to avoid punishment but because it satisfies you to do so). Maybe you guys should backpedal a bit and look over what's important, why and what is the easiest way to get there. (in my opinion) rules shouldn't be a constant struggle to meet, they should be attainable. If you get punishment for something every single week then it is not (again in my opinion) a working rule. Maybe it will be in the future, maybe there's just too much other stuff going on for it to work just now. Priorities. Work on making ttwd positive for you two again -I know you would regret it if you give up now. I think you just need to step back a bit and take a look and see the bigger picture.; it's not all about punishments. Discipline is not about the punishments. I know...i'm being the evil brutally blunt bitch again here (but you know that about me already :P I'm sorry I don't mean to be, I just want you to get out of the loop your stuck in and see the whole landscape around you).
ReplyDeleteLots of love and hugs,
your brutally honest friend.
P.S. and about the shopping thing, maybe a good idea would be to punish you for it the night before the next shopping? then it should be fresh in your mind (and bottom :P) when you walk round that shop :P Not to say that you couldn't have another punishment before that, but i know you haven't decided about that yet...
oops sorry to write an essay!
ReplyDeleteGrowth and change are painful but often necessary things. Take a deep breath, focus on the positives then take the next step even if its a small one. One step at a time and you will get there. And remember life is a journey not a destination.
ReplyDeleteKiwi I think you are going around in circles. 1 thing is positive: all those replies are because people believe in you and like you in one way or an other.
ReplyDeleteI think I have told you in last comment what I think about the situation. I still think the same. 1 thing I would like to add:
You say that sometimes you don't understand the inconsequent reaction to you transgressions. You would always like to be punished.
I want to give you this thought:
If you submit to your hubby you also submit to his judgement on the spot if you should be punished or not. Of course if he does not show any signs of commitment to Dd, then you should ask if he is still interested. How ever if he decided not to punish you for a transgression, that is his decision. None of your business as subbie. (Can you imagine speeding and the cop stops you. You tell him for instance you are on your way to pick up your kid from school who feels unwell. The cop tells you off and does not issue a ticket. Are you going to cry fail play? No of course not. It is his decision).
You have failed the budget once in how many times? Perhaps this falls with in the acceptable tolerance. Not YOUR business, your hubbie decides.
OK other then that. As many say: Communication is the key. And as melinda said take credit for the positive aspects. And get cuddled, or appreciated. It would not be the first time I stand up with the idea to really put melindas pain tolerance to the test, only to end up snuggling up to her. That does not mean I am not a Sadist, or that she is not a maso girl. Any way I guess you get the gest. Head up girl, you want it you can do it.
Darlin, TTWD is not simple.
ReplyDeleteIt is complicated because it is different for everybody. No two couples do it exactly the same. Rules for some are not issues for others. It is an individual thing. We are bound together here because we all have an interest in spanking, but for many different reasons. SOme don't have discipline; they just spank for fun, or as a prelude to sex. Others are in DD, and some in BDSM, etc...
What we have in common is a desire to have spanking in our lives, and that it is consensual. There are some basic rules that are advisable in all relationships, for example that there is a safeword which MUST be respected, the safe parts to actually smack, etc, but other than those, it's pretty much down to each partnership to devise and discuss what will work for them.
Good communication and honesty are very important.
In general, men (no disrespect meant here, guys) are not the best mindreaders. You need to TELL them, often in great detail, EXACTLY what you want/need/expect.
I would suggest you write him a letter if you don't feel comfortable talking about it. That way, it will open up the lines of communication, and provide a starting point. He can read it, and anything he wants to clarify, he can talk to you about. He will also have this letter to refer back to over and over, if he is unsure or forgets...
For the record, do you know exactly what he expects of you?
For instance, if he expects you to do the three exercise sessions a week, and YOU don't do them, how can you be upset when HE doesn't do what you expect of HIM?
Its a two way street you know...maybe HE thinks you are not taking HIM seriously?
You guys really must take things slowly, and learn to communicate effectively. You have your whole lives ahead to get TTWD right!! It will evolve and develop, if you BOTH put in the effort to TALK, and enjoy the journey.
Maybe he's not perfect yet...but, hey...nor are you!!! SO no more throwing your toys out the pram, saying you are ready to give it up!!!
Anything worth having is worth WORKING for, and it doesn't become wonderful overnight.
Reading some of the blogs, some couples have been doing TTWD for 10, 15, 20 years, and STILL things don't always go right!!!
Hugs, and KEEP ON KEEPING ON! TOGETHER!!!!!!xxxx
LEA: It is absolutely. I got the wrong key at the moment though :(
ReplyDeleteTIFFANY: Yes, thats true - hard but true
SUSIE: Thank you, it didnt, but ill try again, at some point.
DEE: Very true. You sound quite on track to be honest. The talk didnt go as planned but ill try again.
SG: You are not an evil blunt bitch - sheesh woman - ill email you later though - and i like the shoppnig trip idea - thank you :)
FAERIE: Thanks honey - im trying :)
ELDER: Feels like very fast spinning cirles. I agree with you yes its his decision whether to punish or not and I have to learn to accept that. But when he says i deserve one then he needs to be consistent and follow through. I did in the end not as severe as the last one but his decision. I accepted it.
DAISYCHAIN: So very very true. The communicatio is teh hard part. Maybe this weekend was just not the right time. My words didnt come. Ill wait, the time will present itself - usually does if im patient. thank you :) Ill keep on trying - i have blogged about his response to me yesterday and that hasnt helped at all...