Friday 21st October 2011
I am so tired. I have a very sharp thorn in my side that sticks in to me every few days. I am tired of this thorn. But it seems ever lasting, it seems to never go away, the thing is it doesn’t want to go away, it’s got nothing to go away to and that’s the problem.
But it’s spoiling my little piece of paradise that I have finally found. My peace and my happiness and sanity, my love, my heart, my life and soul, it’s threatening to ruin completely.
It’s a nasty sharp thorn, long and pointed and malicious with a venomous tip. Not a poison that kills outright but one that draws on you, slowly sapping away at your energy, pricks you and lets the blood slowly trickle away. A claw that keeps pricking and poking every step and turn I take. It threatens, it demands, it draws blood occasionally. Its poison is slowly leaching in to my cozy little world and I hate it. I detest it. But I’m defenseless to it. There is nothing I can do about this horrible black sharp toxic little thorn. I want to burn it, I want to dig it out, I want to trash it but every move I make is thwarted. A thorn that thinks it’s very clever and very sneaky and very devious.
A thorn that I don’t know quite how to battle – yet. I am meant to be quiet, to be still, not to make waves. I don’t know how to fight deviously and sneakily. I don’t want to lose this fight, and I wont lose this fight, if it’s the last thing I do this thorn will be pulled from its roots, torn up and burnt to be gone forever. But in the meantime, my blood is slowly trickling away.
Hugs and a shoulder to cry on if necessary! So sorry the thorn is bothering you.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs,
Kitty
shame you're so far away -you know i'd love to take the rake to that thorn! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your having a hard time! Sara
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure exactly what the thorn is, but if it is a critical inner voice or negative thoughts, then telling someone else about them is a good way to banish them from your head.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Hermione
I agree with Hermione - sometimes it's best to share your thoughts with someone. Get another prespective.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with whatever you decide.
Sunny Girl
Hermione and Anon: I don't think kiwi will mind me telling you, but 'the thorn' doesn't come from within....unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteVery well written kiwi! So deep and intriguing...... I'm sending positive thoughts and love your way my friend:)
ReplyDelete~Princess xoxo
Big Hug Kiwi and lots of positive thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteThink like the thorn...its intent is to hurt and maim. It receives great satisfaction from your tears. I know how very hard it is to know you must be still when that thorn is gouging itself in you.
ReplyDeleteI once had a thorn. But after a while, I refused to show that thorn any pain. I smiled at it and even invited it to dig deeper. It became confused. I smiled a little brighter. It dug deep, so deep. I winked at it. When the thorn realized it couldn't hurt me... that I was indifferent to it and it only....it went away.
Hang in there, kiwi!!! It's exhausting, but this too shall pass...
Awww, kiwi, hunni, email me, via the blog, if you need to talk. Hugs, hang on in there, and don't let it get the better of you. xxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHugs Kiwi. I hope it gets better!
ReplyDeleteKITTY: Thanks honey :)
ReplyDeleteSG: Oh? Only a rake? I had a big wood chipper in mind!! ;)
FS: Thanks hon xx
HERMIONE: A real life big as sharp poisonous thorn - sorry to say :(
ANON: Thanks sunny girl xx
SG: Spot on!
PRINCESS: Thank you - it just had to come out :) ill take as many positive thoughts as i can.
JOEY: thanks hon xx
ROGUE: Good advice - ill try and take it and work on that. I hope you are right :) i have to try and come to terms with this as this thorn is not going anywhere for a while unforuntately :(
DC: I might just take you up on that :) thanks xx
SPA: Me too - im sure it will
Im feeling a little better than i was on Friday - thanks everyone for your support.
love and hugs kiwi xxx
no hon -I would not leave the enjoyment for the machines to sort, I'm a hands-on kinda gal ;)
ReplyDeleteLOL SG ;) in an ideal world!
ReplyDelete