Wednesday 26th October 2011
This is nothing to do with DD but it’s consuming my thoughts at the moment and I just felt the need to get this out there. I think I might be pregnant.
This is nothing to do with DD but it’s consuming my thoughts at the moment and I just felt the need to get this out there. I think I might be pregnant.
But I’m not totally sure.
We so want to be and I could easily go and grab a test but I’d be devastated if yet again it’s negative.
And I keep thinking why wouldn’t it be? It’s been negative for the last 10 months, why would it be any different today?
But then:
- My period is 9 days late. This is has been as regular as clockwork – every 26 to 29 days for the last year.
- My boobs are really sore.
- I’m feeling slightly sickly on and off during the day, until I eat something and then it wears off but comes back again, not like I'm going to throw up but just that very mild nausea feeling, it has me thinking ooh I feel a bit sick, do I? Don't I? mm yes a little - that kind of thing.
- I had a very slight light bleed half way through my cycle which lasted a day – nothing like my usual period which is very heavy and lasts about 5 days. I recall having a slight bleed when I was pregnant with my son but it was after I found out I was pregnant.
- I cannot stomach broccoli all of a sudden – I won’t even buy it. When I was pregnant with my son I went off cooked vegetables completely – I couldn’t even stomach the smell of them cooking.
- And I have gone off sex – completely – which is not like me. I also remember doing this when I was pregnant with my son.
But I was last pregnant 13 years ago. It’s a long time ago.
I so desperately want to have another child.
I could be but maybe I’m not. I’m probably not. It’s probably all wishful thinking. My brain could be manifesting the symptoms because I want to have another baby so badly.
But if it wasn’t for that little bleed I had half way through my cycle I’d be pretty positive I’m pregnant. But that is throwing me off.
They say the best way to get pregnant is to stop trying. I thought I had tried to put the thought of it at the back of my head. I stopped looking at ovulation calendars, I tried to stop trying. I thought I had stopped trying. But maybe not. Maybe I want this so much my brain is making these symptoms up.
Damned brain! Leave me alone! Let me be already!
Hi, I'm Lizzie! I've been reading here for a while. I hope you're pregnant!
ReplyDeleteImplantation bleeding sometimes occurs when the egg implants in the wall of the uterus. This would be shortly after ovulation, so probably sometime in the middle of the average woman's cycle.
I know my breasts hurt soo badly with my little girl.
I hope this turns out exactly the way you want it to. There is nothing quite as strong as the urge to have a child. I remember well. Please let us know as soon as you find out.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
Good luck, I hope you are not disappointed. It sure sounds like the right symptoms. abby
ReplyDeleteHi Lizzie - thank you for your kind words, yeah ive read about that too.....maybe - im hoping so. Im too scared to take the test in case im not.
ReplyDeletePK - yeah me too - big time :) it feels like its kinda my last chance to have another baby - ill be sure to let you know as soon as i find out...probably do a test tomorrow coz i just went out and got one LOL....so much for patience!
I hope it works the way you want - let us know!!
ReplyDeleteabby: thanks hon - fingers & toes crossed - who knows with this sort of thing.
ReplyDeleteChristina - thanks hon :) ill be letting you know tomorrow say a prayer for me :) xxx
Go buy the test already! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI won't say much because this hits too close to home for me. I will pray though.
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Hermione
Praying for you and your brain! ;o) I know I about drove myself and my hubby crazy when we were trying to get pregnant! xxxx
ReplyDeleteOh I sure hope you are Kiwi, since it is what you so badly want! The symptoms all sound exactly right. I remember after 2 easy conceptions, it took me 2 years to get pregnant the 3rd time. I pretty much gave up, decided I should be thankful for what I had, and decided to forget about trying. We went on vacation...I came home pregnant. So....that not-trying thing...who knows? Good luck! Sara
ReplyDeleteOh, darlin, I so hope you get the result you want! I was so blessed, never had a single problem concieving, never miscarried; I planned each pregnancy down to the month I wanted to concieve; it never occurred to me it wouldn't work! I just came off the pill, and concieved the next month!!! it's only when I read of other people's struggles that I realise how fortunate I was. Bless you. xxx
ReplyDeleteBTW, some ladies have normal periods for the first few months... TAKE THE TEST! xxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteThank you all so much for the comments and prayers.
ReplyDeleteI bought the test and took it thi morning. Unfortunately its a big fat negative. I think my brain is playing tricks on me.
Something to do with wanting something so badly.
I need to REALLY stop trying - ive often heard peopel tell similar stories to Sara (thank you for the encouragement Sara).
I had an ectopic pregnancy about 11 years ago so i only have one tube so its going to make it a little more difficult, plus my age is now against me being turned 40 and probably all the negativity around us at the moment with the thorn isnt helping.
Like i said to hubby this morning i think we need to make a life changing decision for us to get pregnant - thats what happened to me last time - we had decided to move to another country and then bam - i was pregnant LOL...
Oh well its fun trying ;)
i'm sorry hon. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I missed this post Kiwi, no wonder things are getting you down just now with all this stress...... I'm sorry it was negative :(
ReplyDeleteI think Sara has a point though in trying 'not to try'.... but I know its easier said than done. Try to stay positive.
Dee x