Wednesday 26th October 2011
I’m struggling. With DD and submission, with that poisonous thorn; with a lot of things.
I had my weekly accountability over the weekend. It was meant to happen on Friday – he was all keen – even showed me his new implement urggh. It’s really great that he goes and finds new implements himself, no help from me. But I talked him out of it. I just didn’t want to. I did get one or two swipes with it over the back of the couch but he was agreeable to putting it off until the next night.
Saturday came, and he said to me on the couch watching the funniest movie ever (“Paul”) “tonight’s the night you know”
Urgh
Again I talked him out of it and persuaded him to wait until Sunday morning. I was relieved that he could be persuaded to wait.
Sunday came.
On the bed I found myself, face down, facing the consequences for my actions written down in black and white in my book – two weeks worth. I didn’t get the telling off that I wanted but that’s my fault, I didn’t talk to him. It wasn’t the right time. I don’t want to be always asking for more. I want to be happy with what we have.
But writing things in my book – as a friend of mine has said – is resulting in my spankings becoming habitual. But that’s not such a bad thing. Isn’t maintenance habitual? But it made me think anyway. Am I “finding” things to get spanked for? What happened to the element of surprise – for want of a better term? But then I am pretty well behaved – hence the idea of my book to set a routine, set a framework, set a habit, the idea of the book is that even if I’ve not written anything in it I still get a spanking just because, just as a reminder to be a good girl or else its far worse. I try to use the book as a kind of maintenance, and also because he asked me to write it down because he forgets and we can’t always do the “there and then” spankings because of privacy issues. I should be grateful that he wants me to write it down and he is using the book now. I think it needs to flow better, the whole session. I need him to read the book, lecture me about the things I’ve done. I need to acknowledge why they were wrong – some of them I know are wrong but I need to acknowledge that I am about to be punished for them. I don’t make anything up. If he tells me during the week I’ve been argumentative or disobedient – I write it down so we know at the end of the week or fortnight he needs to punish me for that. It would be better to be punished there and then and have a weekly maintenance – I know this. But this seems to work for him.
Anyway, after it was over I felt kind of flat. I felt chastised and I cried (always do – seems once the tap is turned on for the first time it doesn’t stop) and he comforted me but it was like oh OK we done now? I guess he must have sensed my feelings because that afternoon he decided he wanted to give me some more. I admit I was goading him a little about never being across his knee and that his swing isn’t as big when I am across his knee as to when I’m bent over the bed. I was wrong. I soon found myself across his knee and he used his hand, the paddle, the cane and his new implement (which is a branch from a plant in the garden – about the thickness of two thumbs narrowing down to its tip – he is such a keen gardener. Yuk.
Well, I soon found out that over his knee does not suppress his swing at all! He was very matter of fact about it and when he was finished, told me to get dressed and come to the living room to get on with our day. All good, I’m happy with that.
Sunday night came. We had some issues. Or maybe I had some issued over the thorn, my insecurities, things were said and I was upset. He took me to bed, told me to lie down and once again I found myself facing the paddle, but this time, he was quite serious, telling me off in no uncertain terms, actually making me answer him during the spanking – this was a first. I was quietly sobbing, answering him, confirming that of course I know he loves me and that yes I was being silly. Then I got a huge cuddle and all was OK once more.
But I was not allowed the next day to go with him on trip which would mean a meeting with the thorn.
I am so struggling with this. I know I have to submit to his decision. I know deep down its best. But I’m struggling with my pride. To me it shows thorn that thorn gets its own way thorn says jump and everyone says how high. This sticks in my throat a little. I want to jump up and down and demand that I go next time, regardless of the thorns protestations. I’m supposed to be more important than the thorn. But its hubby’s decision that I say behind. I have to submit to this…and I’m struggling. My sister in law is jumping up and down and calling me crazy for not making hubby take me with him. My pride is screaming at me.
I had fun with the telephone last night though – this is really bad of me. I’m on the phone – around the time that the thorn usually makes contact. A text message came through from thorn with the usual demand to hang up the phone. Twice this happened and then I just ignored the phone and let it ring. And then this morning I left the thing off the hook. Bad bad bad Kiwi – but I won’t be told by a horrible noxious weed what to do. It will be written up in the book though. I will be held accountable for it, whether it's there and then - or in two weeks time. AND I know there is a reason why I need to be good and obey hubby's instructions and directions on this one....but still, I struggle with it.
So I’m struggling. With submission, with punishments, with everything.
Just as I suspected: Now you're struggling with getting what you wanted!
ReplyDeleteBut it appears you may not have to tell him you want scolded. This could just happen on its own.
I think your blog will be helpful to focus your mind. It is obvious that there is a lot of stress in the house and this is not something that comes only from your actual relation. Here as onlookers we are out of out depth. We do not have all the information to neither advice nor judge.
ReplyDeleteWhen you wrote "I had fun with the phone last night" I was already licking my chops. As it turned out I had do smile, albeit the flash image that came to mind would have been perhaps spicier for the readers. I would have loved to see you accountably session for that one.
Talking about black book, I want to give you a thought. And that is to consider making a page on your blog where you copy the content of the black book in to. (Either censored or uncensored, that is your choice obviously)
I which you strength with all the negativity around you.
Oh Kiwi, thank goodness we have this place where we can get it all out and by writing about it, try to hopefully make some sense of it. You're not alone in struggling with your submission. It's extremely difficult at times to accept decisions. Your husband doesn't have access to your blog does he? I think you need to have a real good talk to him about how you are feeling.
ReplyDeleteIf you don't want him to read your blog, have you thought about keeping another book that explains your hopes/fears/distress and feelings about things, that can be read by him also? Just a thought.
Even if I can't offer much on advice, it's nice to know people care :)
Dee x
Your husband is a very lucky guy that you are so open an honest with him and I am sure he knows that.
ReplyDeleteI also want to compliment the individuals above me who have made comments. They are very thoughtful and sincere.
joey
We all struggle at times, i try to tell myself, when I feel least submissive is when I have to remember, it is not always supposed to be easy, so just do it. The "torn" issue is one I hope the 2 of you can work out. hugs abby
ReplyDeleteSweet lady.... you post hits so close to where my heart usually is with Dd... due to privacy issues I don't usually get my spankings when I "need" them, so then by the time I get "what I have coming" I have already worked through the issue in my head... which is a big part of what the spankings are supposed to be for... and then when we have time, he spanks me, and leaves me feeling much the same way you were feeling!
ReplyDeleteKnow that you are not alone!! TTWD isn't for the weak at heart!! You have to be strong and know what you want and need... which is to submit to your husband!!
I hope there isn't too much attention paid to your behind for not answering the phone.... but I'm afraid S would be VERY DISPLEASED...and alas, so would my behind!! ;o) Good luck to you on that one!!! xxxxx
Kiwi, I do think you should talk with him about how disconnected it feels for you when a spanking is TWO weeks from when things happened...and accumulating multiple things for 2 weeks? By that time I am sure I would feel "Who cares?" and "What's one more on that long list?" Sorry...but that IS how I'd feel.
ReplyDeleteAs for the thorn, I wonder if you could simply tell your husband that the whole situation makes you feel sad ongoing, less important to him, set aside. Maybe if you could say it quietly, offer no solutions, just say "I have no answers for you, but I want you to know how I really feel." and let it sit...let him figure out how he might find a better balance that does not feel so hurtful to you. Just a thought...I don't know all the details...and always you must do what you think is best. Sara
Yes, I agree with Sara. He should know how you are feeling, how disconnected and sad you feel, that it makes you feel less important than "thorn". Word it carefully, without condemnation or accusation; it may not be a TRUE representation of what is happening, but no-one can deny it is how you feel. Hang on in there, honey.
ReplyDeleteOh, by the way, when things like that happened to me, I encouraged them...to ensure my "thorn" had no idea I felt like that, and could see I had no problem with it. Completely unsettled her. She had no way to "get at" me!!! And the more she tried, the sweeter I became, showing her to be the unreasonable one... Thus, loss of power to her, and my beloved saw how understanding and supportive I was, which was appreciated.
Our men often feel between a rock and a hard place.... but because I encouraged him, and didn't whinge or whine or make him feel guilty, guess who won out in the end???? ;) xxxxx
You guys are great, thank you all :)
ReplyDeleteRICHPERSON: Yes, its not quite right - needs tweaking but i dont want to discourage him to the point he thinks he cant get it right.
ELDER: LOL sorry to have disappointed you - it didnt even cross my mind how that sounded...not a bad idea about the book - i may just do that, so you can all see how bad a girl i can be, most of the time. And thanks. There is a lot of negativity about at the minute. It will pass.
DEE: No, he knows nothing about the blog and im not sure i can vocalise what i need to say just yet - working on it as i type actually :) I dont want to put him off him thinking hes not good at it. But thank you for caring :) i do appreciate it.
JOEY: Thank you, kind words.
ABBY: thanks chick - i guess we all struggle at times.
MIKKI: I so relate to what you say. I do try to make it work for us. Its how he wants it, and it has to be about the both of us, not just me.
SARA: Thats exactly how I felt. I think its probably why i ended up in the that position another two times that day - it was only the last time that felt "real" and i think it was becuase he interacted, talked and made me talk back to him during it - and it was about something important to him.
The thorn, yes i need to rise above it. I usually do but just sometimes it gets me down. He already knows how I feel - unfortunately there isnt a lot we can do about it just yet - its just going to take time.
DAISYCHAIN: :) thanks hon. Im trying to find the right words to tell him things need tweaking a little. As for the thorn - excellent advice...i do try - usually can just rise above - just sometimes, well you know what it can be like.
My mind is dirty by default Kiwi. Just now I was thinking what effect it would have on you seeing others using the phone in case you had the fun with it in the way that came to me.
ReplyDeleteIf you do the book I would be honoured, and I will make sure to read it.