Monday 20th February 2012
This is what I want. A complete stop. It’s not working. I feel bullied. I feel taken advantage of. I feel confused. It feels like he is on power trip and I don’t feel comfortable with it. It’s scary. He is flying high in the clouds with his new found power, trying to take me with him and I feel like he is going to drop me.
He appears to want BDSM.
I want domestic discipline.
I don’t want it to intermingle. That confuses me.
When we make love I want love and tenderness and gentleness.
When I break a rule or do something wrong, or have a bad attitude I want discipline - not just with the punishment but with the lectures, a “talk” about what I did that was wrong, why I did it, a chance to explain, a chance to submit, a chance to say sorry and then to accept whatever he decides. And I need his consistent attitude. Not Sir making me a phone rule and then allowing me to break it without any acknowledgement of it but then thinking he can get away with spanking me for it a week later.
It seems that what I want and what I am getting are two different things at the moment. What I get is a sound spanking, yes, sometimes probably too hard, little aftercare these days and then sex.
I thought we had gotten through all these hurdles. I thought he finally realized what it was that I wanted. I thought finally I had gotten through.
I got scared on Friday. Not scared of him but scared of the spanking that should have been coming to me for some rule breaking last week. But my instinct told me not to let it happen. So it didn’t happen (which is a good thing).
Then Saturday I had such a hissy fit at him over something trivial but not trivial at the same time. The way I spoke to him was horrible and he should have dealt with me then, but he didn’t, we argued and so bad feeling between us filled the afternoon.
Sunday was horrible. It had to do with The Thorn. I didn’t listen to him, she baited me, I bit and it ended up with a little confrontation. I feel better for it and to be honest, whatever he decides to do it was worth it. But still I have to face it tonight. But then I question why, when I didn’t start it, she did. What was said to her, she had coming but saying that it wasn't even that bad, I just wont be spoken to the way she does like she did, not without retaliating. Why is it that I have to do what he says, but he does what she says? (Perhaps he just knows her best, how to deal with her. I just get down off my high horse and accept that). Now, I’m not allowed to go anywhere near her. I am to be left at home next time. This makes me feel so sick and sad. He said he doesn’t trust me enough not to bite when she baits me – and this is horrible for me to bear. I disappointed him, and now he doesn’t trust me. To me that is punishment enough.
There is no difference in the severity of spankings he gives me. There is no talk before hand or after.
I want to be a better person, I want to exercise, and I want to deal with Thorn in a more mature calm way. He can help me by dealing with any outburst, like he intends to tonight. BUT he REALLY needs to do the “talk” before hand. The lecture or telling off or whatever it is you might want to call it. He needs to slow down the spanking a wee bit and not use every implement we have in the one session. I need him to warm me up first, maybe an OTK hand spanking first and then more if he feels it’s necessary. I need the aftercare and comfort afterwards. He used to but not so much anymore. I need him to sit next to me on the bed and hold me and cuddle me and tell me it’s all OK and that he loves me.
I know he loves me. I have no doubt.
He can be so strong and dominant at times, insisting I exercise, catching the attitude I can have at times and giving out the warnings. I even got a good swatting on the behind tea time yesterday for something smart I had said which irritated him. To me that is all just amazing.
Maybe it’s all in my head. Maybe I just got panicky over nothing over the weekend. It felt out of control. I felt not in control and it was scary and maybe I panicked a little bit?
I need to tell him. He told me this morning I have to remind him tonight to spank me. He will be distracted and busy during today doing what he needs to do and will forget. So he has instructed me that I have to remind him and so I will . But I am going to tell him that I need more than just the spanking. I need the lecture, the talk before hand. Ask me the questions.... why did i do it, give me a chance to explain, to see that I was wrong ( or on the off chance i was right) to submit to him and apologise to him and then to accept whatever he decides. I need him to tell me what I am being punished for.
Is it for my behaviour yesterday?
Is it for spending $15 on lunch last week without asking first?
Or is it out just because spanking that we didn’t do last night as we normally do?
Or is it a combination of them.
Get me to read out my book out loud for everything he has not held me accountable for if he doesn’t want to read it himself.
Tell me off about each thing AND then decide what punishment is to be metered out.
Change the severity.
Change the implement.
Change the position.
Don't always have sex straight away afterwards.
Give me corner time afterwards?
Don’t allow me to watch my new TV shows afterwards.
Punish me. Don't play with me. Don’t practice BDSM with me.
Or is this all too controlling? Am I topping from the bottom?
Aww *hugs.* I imagine that would hurt, to not be allowed to go with your husband to see "the thorn." It must be so difficult to have to keep your mouth shut when someone is provoking you. I hope you guys work it out!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am with you on the BDSM thing; I want DD, Cael wants BDSM. It hurts to be emotionally and physically when he manhandles me/does whatever other sort of play you can imagine BDSM entails. But to him BDSM and DD go together. I fought it for a some time, I'm with you -- sex should be sweet and gentle. But the more I fought the more he wanted, and neither of us were getting what we wanted. I wasn't cooperating and he was pushing me past my limit and sometimes I'd get scared in the bedroom and freeze.
I ended up giving in, and, while it's not my cup of tea, it hasn't been awful. I pretty much let him do whatever he wanted and he took advantage of it for a while. Yet now, I can tell he's satiated; he's not quite as rough as he was and he's happier. I figure, if he does DD for me, I'll do BDSM for him. While we haven't explicitly talked about it, I think he feels more satisfied and has taken it easier on me while we play. Maybe you can try accepting it? I know I tried it for a while but was pouty...it wasn't until I started acting like I was into it did Cael feel satisfied and stop pushing it on me.
hi Riley, thank you for your kind words. I dont mind a little BDSM...after all im a spanko. But my need for discipline to me means that when it comes to discipline it needs to be just that. We will work it out im sure :)
DeleteI don't think that just putting up with BDSM is ok, if you're not into it, and scared by it. The idea of DD is that you want him to lead you, lovingly. You want his help to be submissive, but you don't want to be scared of him, do you? I know I don't. My DH and I are just starting out, and just figuring things out. He's not into BDSM or anything kinky. For him, the DD represents a way to "re-masculate" himself, if you will, for all the emasculation he has endured from me and my biting tongue. For me (us), DD is not about punishing me for misdeeds/disobeying, at all. I feel confident that with God's help, I can be patient, loving, kind, respectful, a better housekeeper, and a good mother. I don't *need* DH to MAKE me do those things. I want to be in charge of my own self-discipline, it makes me feel powerful, and joyful, and proud. It makes me feel worthy of being his wife, as well, to be "good" because I LOVE him so much, not because he disciplines me if I slip up. For us, DD is about reminding me not to revert to being a spoiled, disrespectful b*tch. If I start to go back to those ways, I will be dealt with however HE deems fit. :) I hope that you will listen to your heart, and learn to trust yourself! Submission, for me, at least, means RESPECT, and letting him lead (which I have NEVER done before). I know that I am a good enough person that I can respect my man not because of who he is, but because of who I am. If you are not comfortable with DD becoming demeaning, and scary, IMO, it is not wrong to say so. You need to both agree what the limits are, and what the purposes should be. Also--on the blog "Learning Domestic Discipline", the writer mentions that sex immediately after a spanking is generally not a good idea, because it makes the spanking not about a punishment, but a part of sex, instead. If you can separate the two, and at least delay sex until after talking, and aftercare, that should help it to be two separate things. Sorry, I'm very long-winded! But I just want to help! Also, b/c I'm new to "all this", would you mind corresponding with me? It helps me not to flip-flop so much, and second-guess myself, if I have some people to talk to who are in the same boat. I have a blog also, just started it today. :)
ReplyDeleteHi EmereyL. Ill check out your blog :) thank you for your kind words. I know is hard when new to the lifestyle...no-one as such to talk to you until you find blogland :) its hard. I firmly agree that sex after spanking makes it more a game more BDSM. But it turns him on. So...ahh to find the right balance. We will get there, more talking :)
DeleteShare what you want, respectfully. However, before you do that think on a few things. Are you being submissive? True submission comes from sacrifice and giving. It isn't something he can force or beat into you. The more you fight him, the less of a leader he will be. The more truly submissive you are, the more willing he will be to step up and lead.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you :) most of the time i dont fight him....on one particular issue I do and its going to take some work I know this from both him AND me. I am a "cheeky playful" sort of person so i tend to tease and sometimes push the boundaries, but dont we all at times :) i know more talking is needed. Just a little speed bump again :) not the first, wont be teh last im sure :)
DeleteAww, wow I relate to this post SO much it's crazy. I feel like a huge chunk of it are my thoughts exactly. The "talking", the lecturing, the questions about why you did what you did wrong and why you're getting punished, etc .. are SO important. It's all about the headspace, and the lecturing really makes you KNOW you're being punished for a good reason. You definitely need to be honest with him (Easier said than done, trust me I know - I need to take my own advice.) But if you don't, you'll just feel like this forever and that's not good. You need to be happy with the situation as well, and your needs need to be met. I'm also with you on using other punishments such as the corner time, or taking away a favorite tv show or something. I also hint at that stuff, but it never happens.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, and im here to talk if ya need to :)
Hey Playful - thank you. HONESTY is the biggest thing in ttwd i think. If im not honest with him and vice versa we cant make progress and then trust is lost. Thanks, and im here for you too :)
Deletexx
I think EmeryL has a good point. "You need to both agree what the limits are, and what the purposes should be."
ReplyDeleteWithout being there, it's hard to tell exactly what's going on. But, if you're not feeling like you are headed in the right direction, then you definitely need to talk it out and make sure that you both feel like you are.
This aspect of your relationship is still quite new. If I'm not mistaken, it's been less than a year since you even brought the topic up. You've gone through a lot of changes and adjustments. He has to do the same, but his side of it looks a lot different.
It's very important that you give him feedback on what you're going through. He loves you, and I'm sure he will take that into account.
Hi Rich Person, yes i agree feedback both from me and from him is the only way forward. We need to talk and im sure i will find the right time and the right words - hopefully tonight :) You are right, we are very brand new to it all, so i guess i can put this down to a learning curve - another speed bump to get over. Im confident after last night that we will. thank you for your kind words of encouragement xx
DeleteFor me, spanking is sort of a means to an end. I don't like the pain, it's more about the before and after, the feeling of being cared for. It sounds like you might have a similar track of thinking.
ReplyDeleteHave you talked to him about the things you wrote here? Men are terrible mind-readers, trust me. Lol. I hope you're able to communicate with him openly with him about it but try to do so in a way that he doesn't feel attacked by it all. I really hope you two are able to work it out. *hugs*
Hi Lea, yeah i think im the same way. Though i do like erotic spankings too so i kinda like the pain but not for punishments.....confusing i know. Its finding the right words so as not to come across as "attacking" him....im working on a little plan for tonight to encourage a conversation :) i just dont want him thinking im never happy with what he is doing....
Deletethe huge division in everyone's mind between BDSM and DD isn't productive . . .
ReplyDeletelet's be honest - DD is a BDSM activity - the D in BDSM stands for Discipline . . . so DD is a part of the BDSM world . . .
once you turn on a guy's dominance, it's not like there's a switch to turn it off . . . and that's what DD asks of a guy - to exert his dominance . . . of course that's going to carry over into the bedroom!
HI Michael - what you say is very true. And if we are having a play session then its all great and wonderful. BUT I have asked for real spankings for real wrongdoings....thats what I need. I have set rules, if they are broken then i get punished. But the punishment always leads to sex immediately afterwards. If thats his choice then i submit to him....but it feels more like a game, like BDSM games. This is not what I need. So we need to do more talking and make sure we are both aware of what it is we need from each other.
DeleteKiwi,
ReplyDeleteFor the moment, I think what you said might be the best thing - a dead stop. He is not understanding what you want and need. For anything involving DD there must be absolute trust. Even though you trust him for the most part, this is too important and potentially harmful, mentally, emotionally and physically,for you two to continue at this moment.
The future is there for you. You don't have to be in a hurry. Getting it right is better than getting it now.
Hugs,
PK
hi PK...thank you :) absolute trust - so true. I think maybe i panicked over something over the weekend and kinda called a halt to everything. It was sorted last night...but we need to talk...and im planning on something tonight to "encourage" a conversation. Thank you for your support :) xxxx
Delete@Michael: It's true that spankings can be part of sex/foreplay. But if she's not comfortable with other kinds of BDSM, being tied up, gagged, more extreme things that are scary to her, she shouldn't feel like she has to do it. Nor should she feel like she has to let him get too carried away. Bottom line, they need to talk.
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
DeleteKiwi,
ReplyDeletePlease don't think I'm critical of you, but it seems that if things don't go by what YOU want then you aren't happy. If he's the leader, doesn't he get to decide how things are supposed to be? Of course, you have opinions and wants/needs that should be taken into consideration, but I still think the final say should be your Sir's.
Otherwise, I agree with PK. You should just call the whole thing off until you're on the same page. It doesn't seem to be working the way things are now.
Love,
Kitty
Kitty, its not that things are not going the way I WANT them to, its what he is doing is making me feel uncomfortable. Just because I consent to DD doesnt mean he can get carried away and do whatever it is he wants to. We need to talk again thats for sure, and im sure we will. :) xx
DeleteKiwi,
ReplyDeleteIf you can't say all of this to him, then print it and show it to him. You laid out what you want for us to read but he needs to hear it as well so he can address some of it.
Good luck!
Hi Christina, thank you :) im feeling a little better after last night and im planning on encouraging a talk tonight :) fingers crossed. xx
DeleteHi Kiwi,
ReplyDeleteI didn't read the other comments so this may be redundant, but I want to say this very clearly.
Telling your partner what it is you want and what your limits are is NOT, I repeat NOT,
spelled out N O T
NOT topping from the bottom. It is your right and it is your responsibility. He can't be expected to know what you want unless you tell him. You can't be expected to obey him if he is misunderstanding what it is you want and therefore mis-handling you. And no one, male or female, submissive, slave, bottom, whatever, is required to tolerate treatment they do not agree to. D/D is a consensual relationship style, and BDSM is founded on the informed consent of all parties involved at all times. You are never ever required to consent. That's why it's consent. You have to do it freely.
Sex combined with the spanking and so on certainly does sound like BDSM. Nothing wrong with that, except it is not what you wanted. Actually, for what I would consider D/D, you should have to wait for the make-up you're-all-forgiven sex for a while just to drive the point home. I think you stated your desires very clearly in this post, and put things very well in perspective. I think that's exactly what you should tell him. You might consider one thing though. It's possible the journey thus far has opened his eyes to a desire on his part for BDSM. You may want to at least consider indulging him. You seem to understand the differences pretty well, so you would just need to agree to keep them separate. Done correctly, you might well like them both. I'll be rooting for you.
Magnus
Hi Magnus, your thoughts and words are never redundant.
DeleteIts a good word to describe how i am feeling - mishandled. Not his fault, not my fault, its just happened. WEll, probably my fault for not communicating properly.
WE had a session last night, still a bit bumpy and some issues but we will get there. I have something planned to encouarge a converation tonight....
its hard for me to talk about this to him...even now...even this far down the road in our journey. And I so agree with you this journey so far has awoken his dominance completely and i think he certainly likes aspects of BDSM....and I am open to them. I just dont want to mingle a punishment session with a BDSM session. I need them to be separate. I am sure that that can be done. It just needs more communication. Something im not very good at, but working on :) xxx