Monday 27th February 2012
Things are on track, His HOH boots are well and truly in place on his feet and kicking me in the A$$ as and when he needs to. I am happy and content. He is happy and content. Our home is happy and content.
Even maintenance is going well. Despite a flu bug and a little tummy upset Sir insisted we do maintenance last night, I got the paddle and two tails and it included corner time again. I love how corner time makes me feel his dominance, standing there sniffling, bottom on fire and shifting from foot to foot waiting to be released.
The whole thing is working. I feel so submissive. He set me a new rule last week. A new handbag!
Yes I know, this may not sound like a rule or a chore to have a new hand bag. On face on the face of it, it sounds like a reward. NO SUCH LUCK. I love my handbag, it fits in EVERYTHING. This new rule followed a thrashing with two tails and my first ever corner time last week because I broke my cell phone rule. I missed two calls from him while my phone was buried at the bottom of my rather oversized handbag. I didn’t have to buy a new bag; I had one which I thought might be suitable. So yesterday afternoon, sitting quietly on the bed, I began the tedious task of sorting through my old handbag *sob sob*, and filling up my new handbag. It’s the size of a clutch bag with a little strap to hold. It will hold my car keys, ironically my cell phone (hahaha) a tiny little money purse (Sir tells me it’s all I need as I don’t have the cash card or credit cards anyway). It holds a little bit of cash and my drivers licence – the purse that is) oh and a lipstick! So you can imagine the size of this new handbag. He is highly impressed with it. I feel lost. He very much approves. I left the house this morning saying it felt like I had left something behind. He just laughed his big hearty laugh.
Now we all know the meaning of to submit – it’s to obey – and that’s what we all strive to do. On the face of it it’s a good thing. But what to do when you know doing something is right even though it’s an act of disobedience which is the complete opposite of being submissive.
I have that dilemma and I have about 24 hours to decide what to do.
Over the last 12 months I have gained all the weight AND I MEAN ALL of the weight I have lost over the last couple of years. No wonder I am feeling tired and listless. My joints ache. My feet are sore at the end of the day. I have a jelly belly which I just can’t stand anymore. I have no motivation to exercise. I jumped on some scales on Friday at a medical appointment and I was aghast at the result.
I know exactly what I need to do.
Weight Watchers.
I love weight watchers. It can work so well for me when I am in the right frame of mind. I am in the right frame of mind.
BUT I have been forbidden from joining. I have been told that it’s a waste of $20 a week when I can do it myself. He can weigh me and I can face the consequences if I don’t lose. “Well s’cuse me Sir but haven’t we been doing that for the last month and well correct me if I am wrong oh mighty Sir who is never wrong, but its not worked”.
No, I didn’t say that out loud of course, but it’s true. It hasn’t worked. AND I know WW will work.
But he forbade me.
He has threatened me if I do join then to expect white tail *shudder*. I have told him regardless I am joining WW this week. He shrugged his shoulders and said so be it.
I have three options.
1.
I can obey and not join and struggle “on my own” to lose weight and in the end fail.
Or
2.
I can instigate my plan. Yes, I have a plan.
A very devious plan.
They have an express meeting at 5pm midweek. 5pm is when I leave work. I can pop along to the meeting get weighed, get my booklets for the week and be on my way. I will only be 10 minutes late from work. He doesn’t micromanage me to the extent he would question the time I got in from work. I could carry on going weekly for a while until there is some loss, some good progress and then tell him. How could he be mad at me if there is progress, if he can see it working?
Or
3.
Just go and sign up and then tell him when I get home afterwards. I will submit to a spanking – after the fact - offer myself up so to speak – he said no and I disobeyed and that in itself is a spankable offence but I know in the long run the results will be far greater. I am not being disobedient for the sake of it.
He can even hold me accountable for any week I don’t lose and *waste* the $20 weekly fee if he wants to of course. Oh gosh, white tail – I feel sick already. I know how he thinks….20 strikes for the wasted $20 urgghhhh!
Even though this is a blatant act of disobedience, in the long run he will enjoy and appreciate the results. Even if I do end up being spanked for the initial act of disobedience, it will be worth it.
How do we balance the dilemma within ourselves? When we know a particular action is right but the act itself is an act of disobedience.
I know what I must do to submit. BUT on the other hand, I know what the best thing is for me to do to lose the weight I really must lose. How can I balance the two? Do I just obey and face the weight gain consequences or do I disobey (not for the sake of being disobedient or willful but for the betterment of me physically and mentally) and face the possible initial consequence of the disobedience but then to enjoy the far greater consequences and rewards of the weight loss I know I will achieve.
I think I have my answer. Option number 3. I will sign up tomorrow night, but I will “confess” when I get home and the rest is up to Sir.
When it comes to handbags I have to say - I NEVER carry one. In my pants pocket I have my phone and a tiny slim wallet with my license,credit card and a $20. I don't want to carry a suitcase like my mom did!!
ReplyDeleteAs for the WW I think he's wrong to discourage you from joining. This is your health and if WW has worked for you in the past, I think he should encourage you to go. If he doesn't understand and won't listen you have the obligation to yourself to do what is best for you. As your HoH he should be insisting on it.
Hugs,
PK
Hi PK, thank you. Im lost without my big handbag but i will get used to it.
DeleteAs for WW. I have to agree with you. He has directed taht i lose weight right? Him weighing me each week is not working. WW works...for goodness sake 4 years ago i lost 30kgs on it. So him saying i cant go to WW is like setting me up to fail regardless....im on a lose lose situation. I think he should be encouraging me to go too...thank you xx
kiwi,
ReplyDeleteIf you disregard his instructions, it's probably going to cause hard feelings. You're doing so well with your relationship, too. I'd hate for this to mess things up for the two of you.
Of course, it's your decision, but just offering another side to consider.
Love,
Kitty
Hi Kitty, yes i know i understand your point completley...but on the other hand he did instruct me to lose weight...his way is not working...i have to try another way.....*sigh*
DeleteI wonder if there is anyway to get the information you need without joining. Do you possibly know anyone who has the info? Did you keep any of your past pamplets,etc? I would try to find out. I sure wouldn't want to get punished if I wasn't going to get the benifit of the whole meeting. See, I could see a HOH making the punishments harsher each week you would go, stating the last punishment didn't keep you from going, so it must not be enough (Anyway, that's what would scare me). I would also be concerned that he would have continued hard feelings each week. I wonder if he would feel like you were saying he failed. I pray that God will give you the answers you need. Good Luck and God Bless You and Yours, Belle L.
ReplyDeleteHi belle,
DeleteI ahve done WW before and lost 30kg - but the programme has changed since...books are different now. I NEED that accountability on the scales I think, the comradeship of other peopel knowing what its like.
I dont think he would punish me every week I went. Only perhaps if i didnt lose and *wasted* the weekly fee - and that would be fair enough.
I have about an hour and a half to decide what to do. *sigh*
Hi Kiwi, you are feeling submissive but you are plotting against your Dom. The question is, is the weight watchers going to make a difference between success and failure? Then you should talk about that. In that case you are not paying $20 a week to get your weight measured but to get results. They call that value pricing. You pay for the added value. And measuring your weight is not the goal.
ReplyDelete(It sounds a bit to me like someone I knew who does not want his wife to buy a pizza in the supermarket because he is refusing to pay 5 Euros for a piece of bread with some tomato sauce and some cheese. And then he goes to the pub to drink beer....)
Sorry, had to think of this: With this limited space in your handbag will the phone go when you have your period? Yes I know I am pragmatic, and I always thought that was the whole point of a handbag to start with.
Hi elder. I know its seems like im plotting against him but im not, not really. He instructed me to lose weight, so by not letting me try every avenue i feel he is setting me up to fail. A lose/lose situation.
DeleteAs for the purse thing...yes i have room for both.
Kiwi, I think it is a mistake to think you should disregard him. To blatantly disobey is not your only option. After all, you CAN lose the weight without weight programs but so far it's not been successful. If I were you, I would continue to talk and negotiate this with him. Find a way to save twenty dollars a week by cutting back somewhere else..then get his blessing.
ReplyDeleteIf you just "do it anyway" you are undermining his authority and his HOH hat that you began this post being so pleased about.
This is just my two cents :)
Hi Stormy, i know its a tough one and really isnt black and white. I dont WANT to disregard him but on the other hand he has instructed me to lose weight, his way for teh last month or so isnt working. so surely i have to try EVERY avenue...ive lost 30kg in teh past with WW so I know it works.....I know it does...and I know it works for me...seems I need to keep going forever though. I am more than happy to swap the $20 i spend on wine for the week for my WW meetings....thats a double win for me, less wine means weight loss lol....
DeleteIts a tough one...i know its the right thing for me but its not the right thing if im being submissive....so does it make me a dogsbody if i just obey him ....i am sure he will be angry at me initially but he will see results...the results he keeps asking me for....
While I think it unfair of him to not allow you to go, I also actually think that your idea isn't quite the best Kiwi :)
ReplyDeleteI agree that as your Hoh, one of his main priorities should be concerning and encouraging good health and not how much it costs to achieve that. But I think all the hard work to get to where you both are now could lessen, a lot, if you go ahead with your plan.
Ultimately, your health is more your responsibility and you have a duty of care to yourself, talk to him again and if that fails, THEN I see no other option than to take it upon yourself.
Best of luck!
Dee x
Hi dee, yeah its not black and white is it. I am going to go tonight, then go home and tell hima bout it and but my argument to him once more...he directed that i lose some weight, his way has not worked for teh last month, so now i try my way....if it doesnt work then he can punish me well and truly for not listening and having faith in him about this issue. I need to lose the weight. If one week i dont lose any and have a gain im more than willing to submit to a punishment for *wasting* my $20 that week. Surely thats a compromise?
DeleteYou have to do what you think is right for you. It's your health and weight loss is a mind set more than anything else. WW works for you and you should do it and convince Sir it's best for you. Get him on board.
ReplyDeleteSunnygirl, thank you :) im sure he will be on board when he sees the results. He will be angry at first that once again I didnt listen to him....but we will get past that....and he will see. :)
DeleteI have to agree with most everyone else. There is another way. You could talk to him about doing it his way for a month and then re-evaluating, the catch being that you really have to try it his way first.
ReplyDeleteOr add in 10-20 minutes of exercise instead. Maybe you could join a gym for that same amount? All kinds of things you can do to be healthy without causing damage to the respect you've worked to build. Hope the best for you! :-)
Hi Ruth,
DeleteWe have been doing it his way for a couple of months, but its not working.
cant afford the gym unfortunately, and if you read my blog you know my issues about exercising....long and drawn out...
I dont want to cause damage to our DD relationship but im starting to not feel so well, WW works...i lost 30kg in the past on it and so i am sure that when he sees the results he will be more than pleased :)
I'll buddy up with most everyone here. WW may be the best way for you but to disobey him on this so intentionally is to not only earn punishment, but it will discourage him. He can't lead if you are willing to go behind his back and refuse to follow. It's that subtle difference between being obedient and being honestly submissive.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the others...there may be a good and fair way to help him to see that WW is the way for you. Respect him and help him see that...while maintaining your integrity as the woman you are trying to become.
I hope that's not too harsh Kiwi but he's taking this so seriously for you these past days. What happens if you don't do the same for him?
Hi Susie,
DeleteI know this sounds like an excuse but Im in the mood to do it NOW. I need to go tonight or else i will lose the momentum and wont go. Plus its free to join this week. He can punish me for disobeying him I will submit to that and accept it...but he has to see that this is what i need to lose weight. His way hasnt worked....and if i start to flounder and have a gain and *waste* my $20 he can punish me for that too....but i am sure that once he starts to see results in a few weeks he will be pleased i "disobeyed" him.
I do take this all very seriously and I do my very best but i feel that if i obey him on this issue then im being a dogsbody, allowing him to push me about against my intergrity...if that makes sense.
I do agree with most of the other comments. I would try to talk to him about it once more and make good points but I would not intentionally disobey. It may lead to bad feelings. I know this is easier said than done but I guess that's what this is all about. Also glad you still have room for lipstick.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I changed my address to http://underhisthumb-db.blogspot.com/ but cannot figure out how to redirect everybody. Sorry about that.
Thanks DB. He instructed me to lose weight and now he is denying me a way of doing it...how can that be a sound HOH decision?
DeleteI want to obey him I really truly do. I am sure he will understand and appreciate it when he stats to see results....meantime I will have to face the consequences.
Hmm that's a hard decision to have to make on the WW. I hope your husband comes around. I don't know if you should blatantly disobey. You said he'll spank you, but do you think he'd spank you and then let you continue being a member? I'd worry that he could make you stop going to meeting in addition to the spanking. In which case, $20 wasted + disappointing him + not getting to go anyway. That's just my perspective though! I understand that exercising regularly isn't always easy and if WW is what helps you then maybe you should follow your heart. Ahh see how decisive I am? Maybe you shouldn't listen to me! ;)
ReplyDeleteHi riley, I didnt look it at that way....hmmmmmmm
DeleteHi Kiwi, Just being a real newbie and all I hardly feel I should offer my thought but maybe it will help.
ReplyDeleteI struggled and struggled against L. Partly because my work rewarded my behaviors and L (while he admires my accomplishments) does NOT want that type of wife at home. I really would not go against his word AND to sneak it - Oh goodness, that would be a double punishment for me, and probably a nightly lecture. Kiwi, for me, no way. I just couldn't see myself sneaking something that he specifically told me NO.
It's a smaller example, but L worries about caffeine and my intake. I used to drink about 14 cups of coffee a day. Most of them made at home and one cup from our local coffee shop. He said I had to work on decreasing it. He understood about withdrawals etc so he worked with my doctor to plan a safe decrease so it would not cause me pain. He also told me NO to any more coffee shop drinks. He's not around, he'd never know but I felt for some reason that if I did - I would be doubling naughty. Sometimes I'm too literal (my swearing) but even that now has become a new rule and I truly don't want to hurt him by disobeying his rules for me.
Kiwi, I'm worried that your HoH could get more than angry but like Kitty said, you might cause a rift in his TRUST of you and that takes forever to rebuild. Trust is one of those areas that I think is the core to a love.
Please, Kiwi, consider your choice carefully.
All my love,
Isabella
Hi molded, yes i am now...Im going to ring him shortly....fingers crossed
DeleteWhile I can understand your reasoning, I agree with what many others have already said. Do you want to build up your relationship or tear it down? I imagine he doesn't really understand how WW helps you, if he thinks all it really is, is weighing in. Why not write him a note/email/letter and explain why you want to join WW again, what it does for you. Ask him if you can join on a trial basis, for a certain amount of time and then you can revisit the decision after you see if it's helping or not. Tell him you're willing to make sacrifices in another area so that it's not extra money being spent. *tossing in my 2 cents*
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, yeah something Riley said has made me reconsider totally, so Im going to ring him again and try once more to persaude him to let me give it a try..... fingers crossed
DeleteOh good, I'm glad you're keeping the lines of communication open. Good luck!
DeleteHi Grace, thanks...this is such a hard one its not so black and white. Sometimes i wonder if he says no just because he can....
DeleteWhy? Has he done so in the past, said no just because he can? Has he been known not had your best interests in mind when he makes decisions? If so, then I can understand why it's hard to trust. But, how will you be building trust if you go against him? For me, I know that if Michael said no to something like this he would have a good reason for it. I might not agree, but he wouldn't say no just because he could. (((hugs)))
DeleteHi Kiwi,
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Riley here. Sorry, I'm not trying to pick on you, but if you look at this from a long-term perspective...going to WW one week and then paying the price doesn't mean it will be over. It will take a lot more weeks of going to get the benefit.
As someone who has struggled with weight almost all of my adult life, I have to say that I cringe a bit at the "you must lose weight!" ultimatum. Metabolism is a tricky thing. May I recommend a book to you? It's called Intuitive Eating, and my dietitian recommended it to me. It's about working through weight/food issues in a holistic way, not just following a food plan. Because it's not a diet to lose weight once and then be done with it, but it's lifestyle changes that will last your entire life.
Um...and yeah I have defied my disciplinarian and sometimes turned out to be right about it...but even if you are right and this is what you need, there will be a cost to your relationship. If you really have to go against orders, I think you owe it to your husband to let him know what you're doing and why. It will be super-hard, but during the discussion afterward you will get points for not hiding it from him.
Best of luck. Let us know how it turns out.
P.S. I added you to my blogroll...hope that is okay.
Hi Ana,
DeleteFirst the easy bit...course im honoured to have you add me to your blog roll...thank you :)
Now for the hard bit, yes i hear you exactly what you say...i know its not going to be over in the first week.....he may very well forbid me to go again....and again...and again....until he starts to see the results. He initally instructed me to lose weight...he helped by weighing me every week but it hasnt worked...the scales are goign in the complete opposite direction. I know its sounds like an excuse but i have no will power. WW for whatever reason seems to work. I have lost 30kg in the past...but its something that i think i am just going to have to keep doing forever...thankfully once you hit goal weight its free.....so tahts a bonus. I know there will be a cost by going against his instruction. But i think he is being unfair and setting me up in a lose/lose situation...lose weight or else but you cant do it by joining ww and if you do or else kind of thing. I am going to go and join and then I wont hide it from him, im going to tell him tell him im so sorry for disobeying him, and i will submit and accept anything he wants to do by way of punishment but I need him to understand that this is the way that works for me and he wants me to lose weight then he needs to support me in this. I will even suggest that if one week i dont lose weight ad *waste* my $20 for that week he can punish me for that if he so wishes.....im happy to accept that...but I really need him to let me go to WW. I do think he is wrong to not encoourage me to do what i need to do to lose weight. Ill be sure to let you know how it all goes. I have 15 minutes to finally decide what im going to do......arrgghhhh
First, good luck with the handbag thing. Small purses suck! My purse is quite large and shoved so full of things I can hardly zip it shut, AND I still want a bigger one. ;-)
ReplyDeleteOn the Weight Watchers, I suggest Option #4- Talk to him further about it and make a deal. Express to him that you really think it'll help you as it's helped before and you like the program and the motivation it gives you. Try to think out ahead of time the reasons it helps you so you can present a fair argument and he doesn't think you're just being bratty about it.
And maybe make a deal that you'll sign up just for 1 month and if there's no results then you'll stop and not too much money will have been spent. Good luck.