Wednesday 22nd February 2012
Where do I start?
I suppose at the beginning would be best.
I decided yesterday to email Sir.
So the first thing I did was “borrow” Ronnie’s post (changing names to fit us of course) about Happy Home - how happy the house is when ruled by his traditional discipline values and sent that to him.
He loved it. Who wouldn’t?
I had planned on presenting myself for punishment for Sunday’s blatant disobedience and then saying to him “before we start, can we just talk about …..” But on second thoughts (and later some good advice confirmed my second thoughts) I decided not to do that. So consequently, I sent him another email. I was worried that he would “give it up as a bad job” thinking that whatever he does isn’t quite right. This is really not the case. So I make a conscious effort to let him know that the punishment on Sunday was exactly right for me except that the swats were just too quick…that I couldn’t process them, I couldn’t submit to it because I wasn’t in the headspace to accept and submit to punishment. I went on to explain what I would really like to happen, what I think would help me, the talk first, making me acknowledge what I had done wrong, making me acknowledge that I would be punished for it…that is going to be hard for me to do….and then to submit to the punishment in whatever form he decides.
His first reaction was he will punish me as he sees fit, as hard or as long as he thinks. Punishment is meant to hurt. I agree to an extent. But this is not about being unhappy about things not going the way I want them to. This is about my needs not being fully met. I need something just a little bit more. I need the talk, the before the spanking action, the telling off, the lecture…well, you know, I’ve blogged about it.
So that led to a good talk. And I think he now understands my need for the talk before hand. The telling off to get me into that place in my head to submit and accept my punishment. I think it’s a very important part of discipline – at least for me. AND I’m not talking about being “yelled” at, just a stern talking to, being made to acknowledge what I have done and what is about to happen.
At bedtime, I asked him whether I was till in trouble for the Sunday episode. He promptly told me I should be but he was going to let me off a spanking “just barely”. He then gave me a very stern telling off for it. Told me what was to happen the next time we go (yes he has changed his mind about letting me go next time – he doesn’t want to be told what to do by The Thorn – she apparently dictated that I wasn’t to go anymore, humph!) He told me in no uncertain terms that I will OBEY him and STAY in the car. Under no circumstances am I to get out of the car. My walls fell down, I was suddenly feeling extremely submissive and obedient and the only answer in the world that I wanted to give was “Yes sir”. He didn’t utter the words “or else” but the threat was clearly there. If I disobey next time I will be thrashed – and probably not allowed to go ever again.
So we have started afresh as of last night. And I am feeling the difference already.
But I think I have been getting a little confused. Yes, I’m a spanko. I feely admit that I like spanking. For me my interest has developed into the domestic discipline side of things. I need the dominance. My reaction to Sir telling me off last night is a prime example. I love it when he is strong like that. But I have a rebellious streak at times, I do irrational things without thinking of the consequences at times....I need pushing to look after myself - I can do it all on my own but its not the same.
And with all of those needs, if I don’t do as I am told, or break a rule, or do something to annoy sir then there has to be consequences. I can’t NEED all of that without having consequences too. The consequence I want is punishment - telling off, corner time, grounding, spanking, early bed time, removal of privileges etc.
I have been very confused over the last few weeks about Domestic Discipline and BDSM – as I was feeling we were headed in that direction. I am even contemplating deleting my blog altogether.
To me BDSM is sex play, bondage, sadism, masochism (not sure what the D stands for) - gagging, tying up, blindfolding, pain for pleasure, nipple clamps torture, rubber, costumes and everything else in between. Whereas Domestic Discipline is just exactly that - a husband given the consent to chastise his wife as he sees fit for her infractions, rules and boundaries agreed on and punishments set and given for breaking those.
To me that is the difference. Maybe that’s where my maintenance can come in to play a bit more, as well as helping me stay on track for the up coming week, it can be used as a little erotic play time too.
I think dominance doesn’t have to be just punishment and he doesn’t only show his dominance through punishment. But at the moment he only wants to spank as punishment. He doesn’t want to set any other punishments and if that’s so then that’s fine, though I will say here I am open to alternative punishments. But it has to work for him as well as for me.
So now I’m feeling better. I have been thinking about pulling this down completely andI still may do that. I get the feeling its not going anywhere really anymore. The same posts are being regurgitated. I have a good week, I celebrate it with you but my speed bumps are always the same one. And when I write about it, it seems to come across that I am not happy unless things are going my way. This actually hurts because it’s so not true. And I know it’s not meant to hurt and I know it’s meant to help and advice and comments given with the best intentions, I know this. But I think I’ve done my dash for a while. HAHA but saying that I’ll probably have something else to say tomorrow!!!
Seriously though I think I may just lay low for a while, see how things go at home, watch read and learn from you guys. I’ll keep commenting and learning from each of you but for my blog, well who knows.
So as the title says, this is not goodbye, but for now, au revoir my friends.
Good luck, kiwi! I'm so happy for you that he stood up to the "thorn" and hope that situation continues to improve.
ReplyDeleteAlso, it's great that you were able to talk to him and that he gave you what you needed.
Hope you still keep blogging, but I understand if you need a break.
Love,
Kitty
Hi Kitty, thank you for your kind words, I wouldnt say he stood up to Thorn exactly - but perhaps its just he didnt do it in the way I would - and isnt that the point...its his way not mine. :)
DeleteIll still blog methinks...got stuff sorted a wee bit more last night...and im not going to dwell on BDSM and DD and the distinction anymore...i over think things....time to just go with the flow.
xx
Kiwi, please don't leave! I so enjoy your blog, I've been reading it for a long, long time (months before I started a blog and before I de-lurked!) I don't think what you say is redundant, I think this is a journey and you can talk about whatever is pertinent at the moment. In fact, there are some topics that I could talk about OR read about for days and days and not get sick of them. For one, I quite agree with you about the BDSM vs. DD dilemma. Funny you bring the topic up because I had been considering blogging about it as well. In my perfect world there wouldn't be any BDSM. In my second perfect world, the two would not be betwixt; I too need separation from play and DD and punishment. I'm actually living in my third world and the two are mixed. For Cael, the only way I could really get him to do DD and have him like it was to say yes to BDSM. In his eyes, I can't only submit in bed or only submit during play, it must be both. I know it's hard and I still struggle with it sometimes. It's comforting to see I'm not alone on that!
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I admire you for simply saying "Yes, Sir" when he told you that you couldn't get out of the car to see The Thorn. I imagine that must have been hard but it's great you were able to stay submissive and obey him nicely.
*hugs* and I hope you come back soon!!!!
Hi Riley, aww thank you hun, its nice to know you enjoy reading it... :) thank you.
DeleteIve had a lot of helpful advice about BDSM and DD and ive come to teh conclusion that I just over think things an awful lot. Then on top of that the inconsitency from Sir...i mean look at my post Little Miss v Big Miss - to some later ones...grrr ...nevermind we got some stuff sorted out last night (ouch) and we are back on track.
As for saying Yes Sir, in that moment there was nothing on else i wanted to say. It was a peaceful contented feeling :) it was nice.
So, I guess im back but i dont suppose i ever really went away. Just a little crisis - nothing to worry about :)
I think you'll get further if you think of DD as a very specific form of BDSM. I wouldn't expect DD to include rubber costumes or those silly bras with the nipples sticking out, but it could. IMO that wouldn't be part of the DD.
ReplyDeleteBut DD does have a strong element of discipline and that's what the "D" in "BDSM" stands for. To think that it's something else and try to draw a line between the two is likely to just result in confusion.
I don't like and want to do everything that falls under the BDSM umbrella. But when I spank someone it's definitely a part of BDSM even if it's also a part of DD.
Separating the two is a little like saying, "Hey, I live in Aukland, not New Zealand! I NEVER visit those other parts!"
From Wikipedia: The compound acronym, BDSM, is derived from the terms bondage and discipline (B&D or B/D), dominance and submission (D&S or D/s), and sadism and masochism (S&M or S/M). So I think DD involving discipline would fall under that umbrella if you wanted to get technical, but it's one big umbrella. ;-) Do whatever works for you, but if you continue to blog there are plenty of us that'll be here reading along. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteHi Lea, thanks chick....we got some stuff sorted out last night (ouch) and back on track (oh yes siree back on track) i have decided to stop over thinking BDSM and DD and just go with the flow. We do what we do...its not the same as other people...not that i was trying to make it the same, i just got a bit muddled added to his inconsitency - threw me a bit of a wobble.
Deletexxx
No! Please don't leave us. I really would miss your blog terribly. Please just process for awhile and don't step away. You add so much, your thoughts are always real and true to yourself, and your love for him shines through. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Stormy, if only you knew how your words make me feel :) thank you :).
DeleteWe are kinda back on track after an incident last night (where he really showed me he was the boss and not putting up with my nonsense anymore)...owwww! I got muddled with BDSM and DD and stuff... a little crisis which seems to have been averted, thankfully :)
Firstly, I'm so glad things are a bit clearer and calmer for you Kiwi.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I understand your need to step back and you must do whatever you feel is right for you. But, I'd like to say that the whole point of blogging in my opinion, is giving a true account of the journey. This means the good, the bad and the ugly. Id much rather read and follow someone's journey that is REAL, with all it's 'regurgitations' (which is one of the things that helps to process) than pretending that it's all sunshine and flowers! And maybe some people's lives are all rosy. Lucky them! But if I want to vent off in blogland about my frustrations and how they affect me, then I damn well will! It's MY blog. Just as your blog is YOURS. Quite frankly, if it annoys anybody what I write, then they can just go on back to their own rosy life and read somewhere else!
I wish you the best of luck Kiwi and if you do sit back awhile, you still know where to find me ok.
There, your post caught me on an opinionated morning, rant over :)
Dee x
Hi Dee, really, doing what is right for me is to keep writing. Its like a processing plant for me. To gain advice and support is amazing in ttwd. I got things muddled a wee bit with BDSM and DD and his inconsistency...finally realized im just going to go with the flow....what he and I Do is what is important. If we feel its right or wrong is what is important.
DeleteSo I guess Im back. LOL not that i went far!!!
But thats me.
:) xx
My dear dear friend. That's just it D stands for dominance . You confuse BDSM with kinky sex (which in fact you like. Just because youd don't want spanking before or during sex don't make it any less the same). And the labels really don't matter. I'd say the only difference between the two is that BDSM is an umbrella term including more facets than DD and the relationship between the 2 persons don't have to be of a romantic nature -although it often evolves to that (look at me and Brutus ). Apart from that it's both about dominance. Even for those that are "only" bottoms. Dominance is the main component for all of the dynamics.
ReplyDeleteHey my friend, some say dominance some say discipline. Yes i kinda like some kinky stuff, but i was just trying to keep it separate. Still want to. But im just going to stop thinking so much about it.
DeleteSir and I got back on track (painfully) last night and I feel so much better. I really need his consistency. I heard what I needed, that little bit extra that I needed, he gave me and what a change in the game plan it made :)
Dominance is the key :) in whatever form it takes.
I so happy you were able to talk KG and I hope things keep looking up for you.
ReplyDeleteau revoir - until we see you again.
Love,
Ronnie
xx
we talked again last night and got back on track (ouch) and its all good :) im not going to think things quite so much as i do and just go with the flow...Its whatever works for Sir and I thats important :)
Deleteso guess Im back, though I didnt go too far ;)
thank you :)
love and hugs xx
Hi Kiwigirliegirl,
ReplyDeleteDo take a break from blogging if it's what you need to do, but please don't delete your blog. You may decide to resume at a later date, and we'll all be waiting here for you.
Good luck and warm hugs,
Hermione
Hi Hermione, as ever, very wise. Ive decided not to leave just yet...things are back on track and I am feeling better. Things got very confusing and as usual i overthink stuff and with the lack of consistency on Sir's part - i threw a bit of a wobbly. Better now, so Im going to stick it out for a bit see how it all goes
Deletelove Kiwi xxx
Kiwi,
ReplyDeleteI think we all get caught in times where we feel like we are working around and around in a cycle and not getting where we want to. As Hermione said, take a break from writing if you need to but please don't delete your blog. As you two grow and learn, I am guessing this will again be a very important place for you to share your thoughts. Besides, I would miss you!
Just keep working away at it and celebrate all the baby steps. Please believe me when I say that they are really fun to look back on. Sometimes what feels like turmoil in the moment is later a really significant baby step in the right direction.
Hi Susie,aww thank you hon, i would miss you and everyone else too.
DeleteBut things got back on track last night (ouch) and he showed me in no uncertain terms he is the boss and not putting up with my nonsense. I got myself in a fuddle over BDSM and DD and the distinction so have decided to just go with the flow for a bit and see how it works. So i guess, im back LOL
love kiwi xxx
Kiwi, I know I don't comment much, but I do read and I would miss you if you left. Ultimately you need to do what is right for you and your family. Having said that I think we all go through times when we just need to back off some, reassess, regroup and then start again. Best of luck honey and hope to hear from you again.
ReplyDeleteHi faerie, thank you chick, id miss you and everyone else too. As i said above what is right for me is writing, its my processing plant - and especially because i find it so hard to talk to Sir...he tends to not want to talk ... just do.
DeleteWe got back on track last night, things are well, and ive decided to stop over thinking things and just go with the flow a little :)
love kiwi xx
Yay im glad you were able to talk to him and express your opinion and needs in a way he was able to understand. Sounds like it was very effective. As for taking a break from the blog, do so only if its whats best for YOU. Dont do it because of others opinions or comments. This blog is for you to write your feelings and be able to be open and honest with yourseld, and yea the readers to.. But bottom line is the blg should be for yourself. That being said, i hope you dont leave because i really enjoy reading your blogs. You remind me a lot of myself so its nice to read how someone else with similar feelings as me deals with it all. Good luck with everything :)
ReplyDeleteHey Playful, yup he listened heard and showed me well and truly yesterday he understands exactly what i need and is able to give it to me (ouch + corner time, telling off, the works)
DeleteAnd wow how its changed the game plan. My heart and mind are completely submissive to him right now.
I got confused with the distinction of BDSM and DD and so ive decided to stop over thinking and just go with the flow...see if it works any better for me.
So im back, or still here which ever way :) but thank you for your support :)
love kiwi xx
kiwi
ReplyDeleteI have been reading your blog and really enjoy it. I hope you will be back. And support you doing what need to do.
Jenny
hello Jenny and welcome. Im really glad that you are enjoying it :) if you read any of the other replies you will see things have sorted themselves out and im just going with teh flow and decided that stopping writing is not the right thing to do right now....so im here, not goign anywhere for a while :)
Deletelove kiwi xxx
I am so glad you were able to have a productive talk. it sounds like things are certainly headed in the right direction. I have been reading your blog for a while and have always enjoyed following your journey. We all have our good and our bad days and this is a good place to come to terms with your feelings. Take the break you need, know that we are thinking about you and hope to see you back soon.
ReplyDeleteHEY DB :D you couldnt have said it more right (ohhh really bad gramma) but yeah the direction it headed last night was over the side of the bed and then into the corner...and lots of telling off and lecturing....it really changed teh game plan and wow my head and heart are really truly submissive to him right now....ill post about it later today :)
Deletethank you for your words and your comments and your support it means a lot. Im going to keep writing...im going to go with the flow and quit over thinking things... :) see if it works any better.
love kiwi xxx
I think sometimes it's easy to get stuck on labels and what they mean, but DD, D/s and BDSM don't look the same from couple to couple. I guess I'm not sure if you're saying that he's interested in some kinky stuff that you have no interest in or ??? If that's the case then it would be good to have a discussion about it. I'm glad you talked to him about punishment and that he was receptive. And I understand that feeling of needing a break from blogging. I thought about taking one myself recently, but I ended up sticking around. I just find that writing helps me process and work through things and I figured if I was going to write anyway, I may as well post it. Sometimes the struggles we go through and how we work through them can be helpful to others who are also struggling. And sometimes the support we receive from others can really help us through or open our eyes to looking at things in a different way. Know that you'll be missed if you decide to take a break. (((Kiwi)))
ReplyDeleteGrace, YES YES YES, thats it eactly, getting stuck on lables. I was so adamant i dont want BDSM i just purely want DD and i got all confused and muddled and with the lack of consistency and things he has said made it feel all too much like a game. I still dont believe pure Domestic Discipline is anything like BDSM as I understand BDSM to be - but thats my opinion...i could be so very wrong.....I dont mind playing but when punishment is involved, I want to try and avoid playing afterwards...except for maybe maintenance sunday - that could be a different story ;)
Deletewe will get there and find what works for us.
Despite what others may say, my opinion and belief is that BDSM and DD can be and are separate. But thats just me. Each to their own, everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. I got myself caught up and confused....but no longer :) going with the flow my friend from now and see if it works any better.
So yea, im still here....:) but its nice to know you would miss me, id miss you and everyone too...so yup stuck with me for the time being lol
As far as labels go, if I had to pick one I'd choose TTWD over the rest. What is DD, D/s or BDSM? I'm sure we all have ideas of what those things are or should be. I imagine if you asked a group of people there would be some things in common in their replies and there would be some differences. But TTWD is individualized. What exactly it means for me isn't necessarily the same thing it means for someone else. It's what we're comfortable with, what we enjoy, and what works for us. There's no pressure for it to look a certain way, be a certain thing, stick to strict parameters. Anyway, I'm glad you've decided to stick around! :)
DeleteGosh, Kiwi, I would HATE to see you go! As the others have suggested, take a break if you need, but don't delete your blog. It truly helps to write about the good, bad and even the ugly and you have a great support system here. Hang in there and I hope things work out for you!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Rogue my friend, you are right, the best thing for me to do right now is to keep writing, so here i am back - well, still here at least - i didnt get very far lol.
DeleteThings are getting better and im not going to get stuck on labels anymore and no more debates about BDSM and DD....i have my opinion others have theirs and never the twain shall meet LOL....im just going to stop over thinking, go with the flow and quit worrying about topping from the bottom, if somethings is not working for me, then im just going to tell Sir. Its seems to have worked so far....the game plan changed completely last night, I spoke, he listened, more importantly he heard, he showed me who is the boss I got the lot, lecture, spanking, corner time and cuddles and today wow my head and heart are completely submissive. Thats what works for me :)
love kiwi xxx