Thursday, 4 August 2011

Feeling blurrgghhhhh

OK, I have just posted a quick update on grocery shopping to let you know how I went.  It was all good.  And I did feel good about sticking to the budget I have to admit.  I have been polishing my halo hehehe.

But, I am feeling very bluuugghhhh at the moment.  DD has gone very quiet this last week.  I am not sure why.  Perhaps its simply that I have been a good girl since last Friday.  Wednesday and Friday last week I got myself into trouble for going over budget and then being disobedient, and both incidents my HOH punished me straight away - no waiting, no forgetting, he stepped up as I had asked him to.    Now its all quiet.  Has he gone off the idea?  Or I have been good?  I don't know.  I think I have given him reason to punish me, broken rules which he seems to have let slide, moodiness today but as with this submissiveness, I have to bow to his decision, if he thinks I have been good then I should be pleased - I am, but still a little unsure as to whether he really wants to do this...its about having faith in him I guess, trust.  And I do have faith, I do trust, but I'm finding it hard to let go and not try and control this.  I have a very clear image in my head of how I see it  working for us.  Its very different to reality at the moment.  In fact I almost posted about it - Fantasy v Reality.  But I think we all have the same sort of battle going on in our heads - especially when first starting out.

I took the very good advice of PK (thanks PK) and I emailed him today just to thank him for helping me keep on budget this week and explained that it was because of the vivid memory of last week's consequences.  I thanked him for punishing me straight away and for Friday too for not getting the soup as asked - for not waiting or giving out empty threats - I told him I had learnt my lesson and that could he please keep doing it exactly like that.  I tried to explain that for me, being an insecure person, DD makes me feel protected, secure and very loved.  I am hoping that will encourage him that he is doing it right for me, that what he did last week works for me.

We had issues this morning over his step son.  Perhaps I over-reacted.  I come to that conclusion after just reading Rogue's post - thank you Rogue.  It helped me see something just now.  You see, my hubby made a parental decision about a child that isn't even his, not mine, but a child of his ex-girlfriend - his step son so to speak.  He made these arrangement without thinking how I would feel about it, without talking to me.     I am not happy at all - for all sorts of reasons that I wont go into but quite valid I think.  I had a bit of a meltdown this morning for which I am now feeling guilty because at the end of the day its a child that he has pretty much brought up since a baby but I don't trust the mother and the child  is very much under her influence. 

Rogue's post reminded me that its not for me to make this decision, he is the leader in our house, he makes the decisions for our family.  But he should have talked to me first, gotten my point of view.  I have emailed him and told him my thoughts anyway.  He cant take it back he has already said yes to the child.

Also he has another ex girlfriend all of a sudden circling texting and messaging him.  I know he is not interested in her, but for an insecure person like me - its hard to deal with.

Its all hard to deal with or maybe I am being selfish.  Maybe I am just tired, as I got no sleep last night.  His daughter wanted to sleep with us - I don't agree with kids sleeping in the same bed, and I would have tried to get her back into bed, or gone to her bed with her for a cuddle - she knows this too - so of course it was Dad she woke up becuase she knows he is a soft touch and into bed she got.  The only one that got any sleep was her!

So yes I am feeling blurrrgghhhhh - the best way to describe it.  I probably need a spanking to reconnect, to feel secure and loved.  Or just him making a reference to the rules and to behave or else.  But I am not going to ask him.  I have found that when I ask him he never does it.  He just tells me he will spank me when he decides.  I was hoping the paddle I had ordered from Cane_iac would arrive - its been nearly 3 weeks and that would make it easier to talk about again - but it hasn't and I am beginning to think its been lost in the post.

So another speed bump in this journey.  I really don't like speed bumps.  I really want Chitty Chitty Bang Bang so that I can just fly over them rather than drive over them - is it too much to ask?
Probably, how are we supposed to learn if we don't have these speed bumps.

If I am being completely honest I am just so scared of losing him.  I love him so much and there has been so much on his mind about the custody thing and now I have to put up with his ex's other child that is not even his.  I don't want to overwhelm him with DD and asking him to spank me.   Last week I thought we were "getting there", him stepping up, taking charge, making rules, following through, punishing me straight away.  Now there seems to be nothing.  But maybe its just me, a silly insecure emotional female, needing a spanking to feel better, I need him to be my rock and come to my rescue. I need him to remind me he is the boss, that he loves me and is taking care of me and I get that in a spanking or even just to talk about it, remind me he is the boss and to behave or else.

20 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling blurrgghhhh. It sounds like both of you have had a lot on your plates lately and life events do get in the way of TTWD. But it is always there at the backbone of your relationship so I think you will bounce back, just give him time. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you lea, your words mean a lot to me. I hope you are right xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I see what you mean. But it's the same feeling that I have no matter what it's caused by, huh? I'm sorry! I hope things get better for you soon! Again, patience... Hugs!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're right, we get to a point where it feels like everything is going right and then boom, it stops going right and it feels like the walls are collapsing. It is a little of fantasy vs reality. Try to relax and be patient with both of you. Based on last week, he really does get it, but it all just takes time. My husband can attest to just how hard it is to be consistent. You're not losing him, it's just the messiness of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, you whine almost non stop in your blog. Its like a 3 year old constantly wanting their parent to hold them. You need to become an adult and learn to be able to be happy and mature. If you can't do that without your husband doing exactly as you want at the exact time you want in the exact way you want, then yes, you should be worried about his exes...because any normal man runs when their wife ends up being a whiney child. Seriously...GROW UP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only each of us had a magic car that would take us over the speedbumps of life. That's a lovely image! Alas, we must deal with them one bump at a time.

    Hang in there!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you are communicating...and about the ex girlfriend...communicate more! I wouldn't like that either so if it's something that bothers you...respectfully tell him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to tell "a" to shut their mouth and be respectful.

    Kiwi, I have a bit of fantasy vs reality issue, too. I know how hard it is to accept when it's not exactly how we imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, yeah Heather...I'm really going to do as you say. NOT! She's a whiner, and you, either you're mentally slow and can't see it, or youre one of those people who has to be liked on the internet by people they don't know cause they're not well liked in real life. Whichever it is that you are, move along, as I will not kowtow to your' command'. Lol...you guys are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. People like a should just be deleted. Rudeness is unnecessary on blogs. No-one forces people to read; if you don't like what you read, exit far left, and shut the door as you go.
    Kiwi, hun, insecurity is lack of self esteem. Work on this, and your confidence will grow. Remember, he is as lucky to have you, as you are to have him.
    It is understandable that you feel threatened when so many of his exes rear up in your life, drawing his attention from you.
    But you need to have a proper conversation about this when you are feeling calm, not when you feel under stress. See if you can both reach a compromise.
    Re the spanking, be patient. You are both feeling your feet with this... its new, its different and he will grow into his role and begin to feel comfortable with it, I am sure, as long as you both continue to develop a dialogue about it all.
    Hugssssssss xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks guys, sorry its taken me a while to get back and respond. Never get chance over the weekend to get on the computer. Anyway, thank you and especially to Daisychain and Heather for coming to my be defence. "A" if you dont like my blog then no-one is forcing you to read it. If you dont like it dont comment on it. Were you not taught manners when growing up??

    KAY: Thanks, I hope so, patience right? :)
    SUSIE: Exactly, Im sure you are right. I should try and relax about it and Im sure next time Im over his knee then Ill be wondering why on earth i was making such a fuss of him not following through LOL.
    HERMIONE: Yeah, a magic flying car would be teh perfect fix, but its so true we have to work through our battles one by one :) thank you.
    ASHLEY: I am trying to. He doestn listen very well though at times. HE does feel a strong bond with the boy after 7 years who wouldnt. I said we will try it this once but no-more - he can come over and visit on weekends with his brother.
    HEATHER: Yeah its funny how it doesnt quite work out how we imagine it is going to! Ill get there. Thank you :)
    DAISYCHAIN: LOL -well said thank you for your defense. As for the exes - yeah Im being silly I know - its that feeling on top of thinking he doesnt want DD anymore - which makes me feel so secure its not funny. So yeah something to talk about this week at some stage. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry it's a tough time. Remember life is never stagnant it's always changing. This too shall pass. I think with all that's happening it's hard for you to summon up the security you want to feel. A spanking is not a cure all, maybe it's time to just communicate all that you are struggling with OUTSIDE of dd. He's smart, if he wants results he can remember how to get them.

    If it helps at all, every dd relationship has speed bumps or maybe somebody wishing for some! Even men who are very consistent will find issues to deal with. We are currently helping me adjust to some new rules..that I don't agree with! So you see, it's a challenge any way you look at it.

    I'm proud of your patience. Keep holding negative emotions at bay while telling yourself the truth about his love for you and his obvious commitment to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Stormy, thank you for your kind words, that have that ring of wisdom and truth to them. I do appreciate it. I agree that a spanking is not a cure all but it does make me feel better, more secure, protected, loved. I tried to express that sentiment to him in an email but he barely read it, I really need to talk to him rather than email. I know he doesnt like emails.
    The step son business, well he is only a child, i may have to let that one go and just roll with it, and see how it goes.
    There is a lot going on and so life "takes over" I was hoping that with the custody thing sorted out we could concentrate on "us" for a bit, seems not to be the case.
    So now Im biting my tongue, trying to be patient and wait for the right time to bring it up. I am going to try and ask for a regular "just because" spanking becuase I know it would make me feel better. I just feel like crying - just the way I am feeling - and it would give me that "excuse" to cry and get it all out - I dont know if that makes any sense.
    He is keeping up with the HOH role in all other aspects. I cant complain. In fact only this morning i was sat on his lap and he gave me a couple of swats to reiterate his point that i cannot be trusted not to spend too much money. So i guess its there, he will reach a point where he has had enough of a particular behaviour and will just wallop me. Then Ill be wondering why i was even thinking of complaining about the lack of spankings LOL....lets hope so anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. BY THE WAY, Kiwi, If he has brought the child up since a baby, then he loves him and cares for him, and it probably didn't occur to him that you would object. It is natural he would want to maintain a relationship, right? After all, you wouldn't have chosen a life partner who operates under the "out of sight, out of mind" mindset?
    Be glad you have picked a man who takes responsibility, loyalty, faithfulness, relationships and love seriously.
    I would think this incident would have strengthened your feelings of security... you have picked a man who has deep feelings and acts upon them.
    Now, if it were the EX he wanted to keep seeing, that would be different!
    He loves YOU; that is obvious, or he would not be prepared to mix his relationships with his kids and you, he would keep them separate, and go see his kids without you.

    You don't need to trust the exes. Lets face it, he doesn't, thats why he isn't with them any more. You just need to trust HIM.
    And SHOW him you trust him. How would you feel if he didn't trust YOU? Pretty hurt, eh?
    C'mon, think about it. You know you have picked a good, kind, thoughtful, loving man. So, let him know you know that!!! Relax into his care and love, and ENJOY being with him! Stop worrying! Value yourself higher!! Hugs xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Daisychain, I know, you are so absolutely right. Even my own son when I told him that the kid was coming over he was like "yeahhh" all really excited and so now I feel really guilty and bad.
    You are right, you would think that it would make me feel more secure having such a loyal and loving man in my life. Im such a selfish person at times :(
    I am going to talk to him tonight and apologise for making such a fuss over this.
    Yes, you make a good point, I would be hurt if he didnt trust me. I do trust him but maybe not fully - something for me to work on. He has not given me any reason not to trust him.
    Thank you for your words - its made me look at things very differently - and I do really appreciate that. Thank you heaps
    love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Let me tell you my favorite thing about blogging - it's my blog and I can say anything I want! What a joy. I can be happy or I can be sad. I can tell you my man is perfect or I can tell you he's behaving like a jerk. I can whine, pout, be unfair, throw a pity party - anything in the world I want because my site is my place to let out my feelings good or bad. I'm blessed with wonderful readers and commenters that give me the luxury of listening to me venting my feelings in this safe place and being there to encourage me. You have many readers in this caliber too, listen to them.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi PK - thank you :)I love my bloggy friends and i think without this place I would have gone totally insane by now with TTWD. I have been lucky enough to meet a man who is just wonderful and loves me and whom i adore. Unfortunately he is not a spanko but is getting there I think and even if he isnt, he is willing to do this for me because it makes me happy - how much better can it get.
    I appreciate every single word my readers type and I love reading all their thoughts and blogs and stories and experiences.
    Its a wonderful community and I for one would be lost without it.
    So thank you all.
    love and big hugs from Kiwi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are doing great. You have the rest of your life with this guy. Don't rush. Let it (the relationship) grow and develop at its own pace, and let him (your hubby) learn and settle himself into the niche you want for him!
    Does he read the blogs? Because I am thinking some of the guys who write might be able to help him along just because they are on the same wavelength...like, Lash, Mick, etc... Just a thought... xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Daisychain, yes i eventually got that thought in my head - we have the rest of our lives. No he doesnt read blogs, he has no idea that I have one. Really not sure how he would react. I have a feeling it wouldnt be good and I dont want to lose this community. So for now, its a secret.
    I got another does of the paddle last night, just playful, nothing serious...he was going to get the cane and I asked why id done nothing wrong and he agreed and put it back. He is just feeling out the paddle getting used to it. Still good though :) We are going for a big long horse ride tomorrow so i plan on talking to him tomorrow :) fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete