Thursday, 4 August 2011

Grocery shopping update

Well folks, it was the dreaded grocery shopping night last night.  Horror of horrors I had my budget cut rather than increased and he refused to come with me.  I had to show resolve and restraint and be good and do it myself, within budget.

Now being honest, I had my budget cut because the previous night I HAD to do an interim shop because we had run out of a few things that just couldn't wait - cat food for one - ever had 5 hungry cats caterwauling and getting under your feet day and night - not pleasant.  Enough was enough. 

SO, $100 later after the interim shop, I had my main shop budget decreased.

But the good news was I DID IT!  Yeah me.  Walking around the store, visions of last week's consequences still very clear in my mind and still evident on my behind - I managed to stay within budget.  I was so pleased - and he was so pleased - which pleased me even more.

Which means I have to do it again next week.  Maybe it was just luck this week - or maybe I just paid more attention to what I was doing.  

One thing I have learnt so far - DD makes you pay attention that's for sure.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kiwigirl. Attagirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you MC :) I took great pleausre in showing him the receipt. Now I have to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, kiwigirl! I knew you could do it:)!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! So did you find you had to cut things from the list to make it or did you get all that you needed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kitty, thanks :) DD certainly makes me pay attention to what I am doing - now i have to keep it up hehehe
    Lea - thank you :) im pretty proud of myself. I did cut a few things - his stuff - and i found cheaper cuts of meat and he agreed to use mince in the weekly meals more often this week. I didnt get all I wanted but I got all I needed - big difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, congrats, girl! Keep the receipt for future reference so you'll know how you did it... Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! Do you bring a calculator? Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. KAY: Thanks :) pure luck - or the memory of that cane the week before lol
    SUSIE: thank you. Lets hope i can do it again this week.
    SARA: No, I was just very careful with what i put in the trolley. Ill have to try and do it again this week :( i hate shopping
    ROGUE: Woohoo yeah, thanks - lets hope i can repeat it this week. I dont want a repeat of the discsipline - well i do and i dont - hard to explain! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done you! But, I thought he was definitely coming too, this week? To ensure the budget was reasonable? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daisychain, thanks, yeah I thought so too. But he said I had to go by myself and be good and stick to the budget. NOw I have done it once, he said i can do it again and again and again....hmmmmmfff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. I got what we needed but a few items that I didnt get were his luxuries - he loves his chocolate and choccy biscuits - they were not in the shopping last week....hehehe

    ReplyDelete