Wednesday, 3 August 2011

A little Good news....

This really isn't a post about DD but I wanted to share with my friends anyway - its such good news.  We won our custody battle - for now.  They settled in mediation rather than going to full blown Court and we get to keep my hubby's daughter in our care.  We are ecstatic.  Its wonderful news.   Its going to be looked at again in a couple of months to make sure everyone is still happy with the situation but I don't think anything is going to change.

Maybe now we can get back to living instead of being in a vacuum of not knowing, wondering and worrying.  Hubby has been a little withdrawn since last week and seemed to have drifted off the HOH role, but this morning I was told in no uncertain terms he is back, grocery shopping tonight and to make sure I don't go over budget.  Its a relief to be honest, I was starting to feel extra stress of not knowing and not wanting to bring up the subject while he was worrying about everything else.  Its a big relief to know he is back, back to being my rock, my HOH and I have to be accountable to him again. 

Thanks for listening :)

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like The Best News! What a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful, kiwigirl!

    Kitty

    P.S. I totally understand why you want to share news like this:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you shared this with us. It's great to have this forum so we can discuss spanking and all that goes with it, but it make us true friends when we can discuss all things that really matter to us.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am happy for you all! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. MEOW: It is the best news ever :) thank you heaps - its such a relief. Everyone, including his daughter is so relived and happy. She didnt want to go.xx
    KITTY: thank you :) xx
    PK: thank you, that is exactly true.xx
    SARA: Thank you - we are over the moon too - its such a relief. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such good news!!
    So happy for you!
    Glad you got your rock back too :) Seems like all is getting in order for you.
    Hugs, Sweet girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations, I'm sure that's a load off both of your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a relief it must be for all of you, great news.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. SweetGirl - thank you, it was. I hope he is back..but things have been quiet on the DD front either he has lost interest again or Ive been behaving LOL...lets hope its the latter.
    K's Sweetie: thank you - it sure was. Probably not the end of things - the ex is quite horrible.
    Ronnie: Thank you :) lets hope it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great news! Keep us posted on the trip to the grocery store because I'm quite curious if he can do it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lea, thank you it was. A bit of twist today though - will blog about it later - it has me in turmoil i have to admit. As for shopping - well il post about that very shortly :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw this and wasn't aware there was a custody battle. I'm so glad for you! I know from experience what this is like. I'm sorry you and the family had to endure such a truly painful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI MC - thank you - yeah its been a bit tough. Ive just blogged about it some more - its making me feel blurrggghhhh at the moment ... its probably not totally over with she is like the proverbial bad penny - but what do they say - what doesnt kill us makes us stronger :)

    ReplyDelete