I am sorry to say that I have had to modify my blog to approve of comments before they are posted. I really didn't want to do this but due the malicious attacks I am receiving from LOL (and NONE) i have had no choice.
I love comments, nice ones, ones with advice, even ones with constructive critisism. I do not feel that it is necessary to put up with the nasty comments from small minded people who have no idea about this lifestyle choice I have chosen, or any idea of who I am or what I am about.
So to that reader (and any others that might come along). This is my life, you have no idea who I am or my family. I have made this lifestyle choice after a lot of research, reading, asking questions and understanding. You have no idea about my relationship dynamic and that in itself gives you no authority whatsoever to comment on anything that I do or say or anyone else's posts. If you are so bothered by what I or anyone else says, why are you bothering to read it?
Don't read it, go and find something else to occupy your little closed mind.
Thank you to all my friends, readers and nice commenters. I cherish your advice, your words of wisdom and your support in this.
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, ATTAGIRL!!!! And one more word of advice....don't even read those posts. As soon as you see they are not nice, hit delete. Don't read to the end. I wanted to say something incredibly rude to that dummy, but I figured that could just inflame things. I thought it instead, and, trust me, it was NOT polite!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteOh no! There seems to be a lot of negative comments going around. I'm sorry you were subject to the ignorance :(
ReplyDelete:) thanks Daisychain. Its horrible that it comes down to this. I didnt read what she said, i just deleted both her comments. Thanks for the support :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Heather - im sure it happens to all of us at one stage or another. Its sad that it comes down to having to moderate comments but its the only way to deal with it. :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you! The delete button is your friend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it WAAAY easier for someone reading material they don't agree with to hit the little X to close the window (1 step) than to: click on the comment button, type comments, then click on post comment (way more steps)?
ReplyDeleteJust sayin'
hi Babygirl - thank you - yes i agree with you. :) but i chose to moderate comments and approve them first from now on so as to avoid anyone else being offended or upset by nasty comments - easier :) sorry it has to come to this though through someone's small mindedness :)
ReplyDeletethanks for your support :)
Yes, I know :-)
ReplyDeleteI meant how silly is it for someone to read YOUR blog and go through all that trouble to leave rude comments when it's much easier just to keep it moving. Here's a thought: Don't like it, don't read it.
See how easy that was!
Keep doing what you do.
xoxo
kiwi,
ReplyDeleteIt is a very smart and necessary decision. A mean spirited comment is never appropriate. You have my full support.
joey
Thanks Babygirl :) appreciate your support - so long as im not really coming across as whiney thats all good...i dont mean to be :)
ReplyDeleteJOEY: thank you for your support - its fully appreciated :)
I had to change my setting too. When one of the comments went to spam, I sent them all to the spam folder. I didn't want to do it but I had no choice
ReplyDeleteHi Dragons Rose - its horrible to have to do and any comments posted over the weekend I wont be able to get to until Monday :(
ReplyDeleteSo to all my friends I apologise in advance, if you do make a comment over the weekend, I WILL get to them and reply on Monday :)
thank you all
It's an excellent idea. I'm sorry that you had to get them in the first place. You've done a wonderful job of opening up what's in your mind to everyone that wants to see. That ought to be valued and respected.
ReplyDeleteRICH PERSON: I guess if we are going to put ourselves "out here" for all to read we should expect some negative feedback as well as the positive. Thankfully there doesnt seem to be a lot of it and it can be avoided by means of comment approval or blocking (which i havent yet looked into but will do if it persists). I dont like using commen approval really. I dont get to use a computer over the weekend so comments made throughout the weekend will not be looked at until Monday :( im sorry about that to anyone who reads this.
ReplyDeleteThanks again Rich for your support. xx
"I do not feel that it is necessary to put up with the nasty comments from small minded people who have no idea about this lifestyle choice I have chosen, or any idea of who I am or what I am about."
ReplyDeleteThat would be exactly right. Well done.
Thank you Magnus :) your support is appreciated.
ReplyDeleteDo what you've got to do. The internet will always be full of trolls and sock puppets. Some people let the anonymity of hiding behind a screen be an excuse to say things they'd never dare say in person. It's one of the downsides of technology. Hope you don't have to run into the rude ones again.
ReplyDeleteHi Lea
ReplyDeletethanks, ive had another one from LOL but i just didnt bother read it, i just deleted it. Ill be looking into blocking next. Its just plain nasty and there is no need for it. Stupid immagure behaviour - in need of a sound thrashing if you ask me LOL :)
anyway, thank you for your support
kiwi x
You did right, Kiwi. Those people are just mischief making; they put volatile and mean comments BECAUSE they get off on seeing loads of people rise to the defence...they WANT to be argued with. Probably, in real life, no-one listens to them! They are attention seekers. By denying them their voice, you are standing up to their bullying wand stopping them getting their own way. Good for you. Hugsssssssss xxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi Daisychain, thank you. I just admit im a little reluctant to post but i will get over that in time :) thanks again for your support xx
ReplyDelete