Thursday, 21 July 2011

Rules.

Rules, I have rules and I want to celebrate.

This is so good.

We talked properly last night.  Finally.  I don’t know what I have been so worried about.  I have wasted all this time and he just sat and talked to me normally.  He isn’t put off by it all; he isn’t overwhelmed by it all.  He is more than OK with being my HOH and in charge of me.  I feel so much more relaxed and confident now.

He admitted he didn’t really have any rules that he had thought about because he is not used to this and asked what did I want to have rules about.  So we talked about my ideas and he thought they were really good rules that he wanted to enforce.  So here they are:

  • Dishonesty – I’m not a dishonest person but I have a tendency to not tell the full truth, or just not tell him something he really should know about. 

  • Disrespect – no harsh words in an argument, no sarcasm or “whatever's” or throwing things or swearing etc, and never undermine his authority with the kids in front of the kids. 

  • NO temper tantrums or sulky moody behaviour – like getting out of bed in the middle of the night when something is upsetting me, tantrums demanding back cash cards and the like, or being sulky when he comes home late.

  • NO using the credit card without permission.

  • Exercise – I must do my step 3 times a week unless there is a valid reason for me not doing it – sickness or injury.  I guess I will discover what I hate most – exercise or the cane!

  • Grocery Budget dont go over it. 


In turn I explained to him exactly what I need from him which is this:

Consistency – punish me there and then if possible or that same day or as soon as practicable when I have broken a rule.    

Tell me off properly before and during the punishment

If he threatens that I am going to get a spanking, then follow through, make sure I do get that spanking.

When out in public don’t be afraid to issue a warning to behave or else.

Enforce the rules – be strict with me.  If I break a rule, punish me for it.

Don’t let me talk my way out of a punishment or refuse one.  Use force if he needs to, force me into position, force me to stay in position.  My goal is to submit fully and place myself in position and to stay in position.  A work in progress.  Sometimes I have managed it, other times I struggle with it.

Add to the rules anytime that he wants to. 

I know we will have ups and down.  I know he will forget at times, and I know that I am going to have to remind him and asked to be punished.  I have done it before and it was hard, a struggle and I thought it defeated the object, but it really doesn’t.  He is forgetful and he has asked me to help him by reminding him if I have broken a rule – he will know that – but he will forget to punish me for it.  So, I will have to remind him.  This is where the rule of honesty comes in doesn’t it? 

But I know I can now talk to him openly about it.  Talking is getting easier and easier.  And that is such a great thing.  There is nothing left to hide.  He knows it all now, I don’t need to be embarrassed anymore, it hasn’t phased him, he isn’t overwhelmed with it all and it hasn’t put him off me – he still loves me,  so talking really shouldn’t be an issue for me anymore.

I love this level of intimacy we have now.  This is “us”,  me and him, it’s what we do for us for our relationship and I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

14 comments:

  1. Hugs sweet woman! I love this post...so glad it's all working out:)!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much kitty :) i hope it continues to work out this well. Ups and downs are hard to cope with - I will keep coming back to this and re-reading to remind myself it is ok to remind him to punish me...till he gets the hang of things :)
    hugs back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! So maybe the delay wasn't indifference at all -- maybe he just needed some time to gather his thoughts together.

    Happy that it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks BG - i think you may just be right plus Im not that good a talker :) I just hope it continues to "work out" without too many more humps and bumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats! You guys now fully have the TTWD lifestyle, with communication being the absolute key! I'm so happy for you! And great job on the rules, easier to remember, not too overwhelming, but thorough...well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that you guys were able to talk about it and establish rules! They seem like pretty good ones to start off with. How brave of you to add working out to the list! For sure, this is one area I would be constantly be in violation of. I'm guessing the cane would be a pretty good motivator though. Yikes! I love that you were able to outline exactly what YOU needed as well - consistency, being told off, etc. That will help both of you out so much and I think it's something that is hard for alot of people in this lifestyle to do.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! These are great rules and it's good that you're getting more comfortable with talking about them and what you need. You guys may tweak them as you go, but what a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good job getting it all talked out...now on to putting it into day to day living!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats...the hard work is paying off! (or beginning?) ;) Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you two are doing great. I think guys who are new to this do better trying to enforce just a few rules to begin with. Then they can concentrate on being consistent with those few - when they start branching out on their own. Watch out!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you've talked it out and things are going well. Just remember it'll always be a work in progress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are important and it's good you don't have too many. I have to say, I wish my husband would forget to spank me..I'd never remind him. You are so good to submit so readily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talking about ttwd was so hard for me at first, but now it's actually easy. Who'd have thought that could happen? I'm glad the "rules" talk went so well. You sound very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry my reply is late in coming - no access over teh weekend to my computer.

    Kay: Thank yo for your words of ecouragement. He has taken to it like a duck takes to water, even deciding what implement to use for which broken rule!. And quite eagre to add to the rules. Hmmmm.

    TDDUP: Yeah, i hate exercise but I need to lose some weight so its the only way. I can see me seeing the business end of the cane quite a bit until I can settle my internal struggle between exercise pain and punishment pain! It has taken me a lot of reading, reseraching soul searching and asking questions in here to find out what it is I really need - but now I know and I have had the courage finally to talk fully - Im so peaceful and content and happy :) Thank you - my blog - its just me and my place to whitter - I like to talk and whitter and babble on but thank you - im glad you like it.

    Rogue: Thank you and it feels so good that i can now talk openly about it. Funny how that changed - but i think its because he seems more open to TTWD.
    Sara: Ha! Yes! thank you :) xx
    Little Miss: OH dear Im sorry to hear that :( Yeah I broke one rule twice this weekend, quite unintentionaly - i got out of bed Friday night and Satruday night quite upset over something - this is a no no - he doesnt like me out of bed. So he told me last night that I was getting 3 strokes but now im getting 5 strokes of the cane for that. NOt sure when its coming - that follow through is something we still need to work on.

    PK: I agree with you but we seem happy with the rules so far. He also added yesterday that the cane will be used for severe infractions, the paddle and strap for lesser crimes!
    He is thinkig, all by himself! I broke one rule twice over the weekend, so im up for 5 strokes of teh cane - and it wont be light strokes either. I would have got it on Saturday but his daughter came home a day early. Now my son is home also - I think he is a bit unsure about punishing me when the kids are about. I will probably talk to him about that tonight. I hate it haning over my head but he says its part of the punishment.

    Lea: Thank you - yes deffinately a work in prgoress, but I love it to be honest.

    Stormy: Yeah, youd think Id forget to remind him wouldnt you? Any normal person would. But I cant function propely with the threat hanging over my head - guilty conscience. PLUS if he forgets and then has to punish me at another time for something else, he will then remember and that punishment will be twice as bad. So id rather have two smaller punishments, than one big one - if that makes sense?

    Meow: Yeah, its funny how all of a sudden its easier to talk about. Maybe because I sense him opening up to this and taking it on board and really coming to grips with being HOH. I am happy, and content and relaxed :) thank you.

    ReplyDelete