Sunday, 10 July 2011

To our HOHs

A comment received on my last post has me thinking. 
I bought a wooden hairbrush, for one purpose only if I am really truly honest – my favorite words in the whole world “young lady you are going over my knee” and that’s why I bought the wooden hairbrush. 
I may well be brave; I may well be dedicated but is my HOH so dedicated?  I am no long so sure, despite what I thought were good conversations and discussions about it.

A week ago I committed a cardinal sin that I blogged about.  A week ago I was told to expect to be saying a lot of Hail Mary’s, not to expect leniency and no way in hell was he going to forget about it.  A week ago!  And in that time I have received nothing; zilch, nada. 

On Friday last week I did receive a little spanking, but just for play.  He mentioned afterward that it was my punishment for the book and the credit card.  But it didn’t feel like punishment, it wasn’t all that painful, there were no tears, and there was no lecture or telling off but lots of sex afterwards.  It was play.  It was great, but it was play.  

I tried to explain to him that it feels like he waits too long between me doing something wrong and being punished for it, that the lesson is then lost.   He acknowledged that, which I appreciated.  He said that he has a memory like an elephant and he never forgets and so things may accumulate but he will punish me when we next can.   (Of course I understand privacy is an issue when we have kids) but there are ways and means.     He has described in detail how he will punish me (and I admit, I’m not looking forward to it it is not going to be pleasant and probably one of the worst punishments I have received so far) – but the question is will it actually happen, probably not.  Am I nervous like I have been before knowing there is a punishment coming, no not really, are there butterflies in my stomache, nope none whatsoever, do I feel guilty and feel the need to be forgiven, no not in the slightest anymore.  It's over and done with, its gone, Ill probably commit the same sin again in the very near future because it obviously dosent bother him, he obviously doesnt care enough.  And having to ask to be  punished just so completely defeats the object.  So here is my little ode to all HOHs out there.

To all our HOHs out there
We love you so dearly. 
We struggle to bear our souls to you about our needs and desires in this thing we do,
But when we finally do it is with all our love and complete and utter trust and faith in you.
Please, are you listening to us? 
Really listening, with open hearts and minds, 
We need rules, we need consistency and we need follow through, always. 
And if for some reason follow through can't happen then we need to know why.  
We have given you this power, if only you knew just how much,
Please use it wisely
Use it kindly
Use it consistently.

17 comments:

  1. beautiful. And I hate it when the play/punishment lines get crossed. so irritating! i've been trying to figure out a post about the same topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. give it time. change does not happen overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking you need to show your HOH this post;)! Good luck!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like we tell them of a need that is so important to us and our well being. Yet the only time they spank at all is when they want sex. Every time that happens I feel myself pulling away a little more.

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I so understand this one! This isn't a game, this is our lives. How can we ever be our best together if we are not IN this together? Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The promised spanking that never happens does lead to disappointment, I totally understand that. Does your husband know about this blog? It may help to have him read it and get into your head a bit. My husband regularly reads mine and once in a while it'll bring something up that he didn't realize. I hope you get the follow through you are looking for, but remember this is all new and patience is important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So as much as right now I wish my husband would go back to being like that for a couple days, LOL, I remember those feelings. Jay only became truly consistent within the last two months, and really within the last month. I remember the frustration, insecurity, confusion, even anger sometimes that I felt. I'm so sorry you're going through that! It may just be a matter of patience, though, and not giving up.

    One thing I thought of is seeing, after talking about how much it means to you (and showing him this post?), if he'll adopt one aspect of the Spencer Spanking Plan. It says that if a spanking is asked for, it MUST be carried out, no matter what. Maybe he'll agree to add that in? That way he can be held accountable, not just to you, but to the rules he agreed to? It's worth a shot anyway! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, these things take time to grow, to adjust to, for him to understand your feelings and needs. And no, telling him once is not enough. Share this post and then talk to him, again, explain how you feel and why. Share that a wait between promise and reality is not effective. He is undermining your belief in his commitment to this, but he doesn't understand how it effects you yet. Explain...again. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its hard to explain the nuances of how we feel when we are still discovering it ourselves. What seems so obvious to us can seem like a very subtle difference to a new HoH. Keep communicating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep communicating. Maybe you are just so good that he doesn't think you need it? That makes me feel a little bad, that my hubby must think I really need it. I really don't understand other HOHs not taking it and running with it. Mine was out of the gate and GONE. And tells me all the time how he will never go back, that this is forever. He thrives and is so happy that I cannot ever stop and I know it. So I really don't get why most men are not the same way? I really don't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still looking, but this is what I hope to find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HFM: Thank you. Yeah it can get confusing but i susually know the difference in my own headspace, his mood and the severity of the spanking.
    LM: I must learn to be paitent. Not one of my virtues i have to admit.
    KITTY: Oh God NO!!! He has no idea about this blog and wouldnt understand. ON second thoughts maybe id get a spanking for it hmmmmmm!!
    PK: I hear you gf. Keep talking i guess.
    ROGUE: Exactly - well said :)
    LEA: Nope, he doesnt know. Maybe one day.
    KAY: I so want some rules, follow through and consistency - is it too much to ask? :( I guess i have to give it some time as hard as that is.
    SARA: Yeah, i did try to explain that waiting too long between incident and punishment just doesnt work. I will keep explaining.
    MEOW: Yes, Ill keep talking, its the only way.
    STORMY: He does keep saying I dont do anything to deserve a punishment - but I so disagree - but at the end of the day its his call. I should be relieved - i dont like being punished but i like the feeling afterward - the relief, the forgiveness, the closeness and respect and love. LOL - i love the way you describe your hubby as being out of the gate and GONE - your hubby should take my hubby under his wing and mentor him in TTWD.
    BABYGIRL: Thank you, welcome and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you'd be surprised at what he does understand. My advice still stands and I'm sticking to it, lol!

    After all, what do you have to lose, except your panties when he pulls them down and spanks your butt;)!!!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL Kitty - it is good advice. Ill have to think about it though....am a bit scared to show him this blog :( i hate punishments, but i hate him being mad and yelling at me more :( and i think he would yell

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is so frustrating. He likes being HOH, being the boss and in charge. He tells me often enough. He doesnt mind spanking me at all so much so I think i have turned him into a bit of a spanko. He tells me off, restricts my access to cash, gives me instructions and expects me to follow them, gives me a budget and expects me to stick to it. He tells me he will punish me as and when he sees fit - he acts exactly like a HOH - he just doesnt spank me all that often and he often threatens without following through - frustrating. Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  16. Try to find a time to talk to him when he's all relaxed and tell him that you want to open up to him and be completely honest, but you're afraid he'll yell. Ask him if he'll promise to remain calm and when he agrees then open up to him and confide to him what is in your heart:)!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you Kitty :) I promise I will try :) ill keep you posted
    And one of these days Ill post a blog with a bit of a history :)

    ReplyDelete