I am speechless, well maybe not quite, but shocked certainly, in a pleasant way. My HOH has suddenly decided to step it up.
I had major discipline on Sunday evening, one which he fully described was going to happen, he made me wait and watch as he got ready, he put me in place, held me in place, punished me soundly and then loved and cared for me afterward. All that being said, I felt it didn't really make me sorry for the things I was being punished for. For three weeks or so I have been waiting for this punishment, by that time, I was emotionally wrung out, angry and frustrated. So although the punishment was severe, it took care of my anger and frustration, it certainly didn't make me feel sorry.
So I bravely asked him if he would punish me again on Monday. He did. But in a much smaller way. It hurt but probably because I was still so sore from the previous evening.
Then all this week I have been trying to find the courage to talk to him properly about my feelings, about my need for him to set me rules and consistency, about how I feel that Sunday dealt with my feelings of anger and frustration, how I felt that I needed more discipline and everything else.
I actually wrote out what I wanted to say with the intention of just using it as a prompt when talking to him so that I didn't forget anything. Still, I have chickened out all week.
Yesterday morning the bloody piece of paper decided to have a mind of its own and it fell out of my handbag as I was getting ready to leave for work. Before I had chance to grab it, he got it first. He had a quick glance and said he would read it later. He held it away from me just like a parent does holding something out of reach of a child.
Last night I get home and we go about our usual evening things, he even took me out for a quick quiet dinner. We get home, sat watching a bit of TV and he suddenly gets up and gets the note.
AND reads it in front of me. I am scarlet at this stage as this still very much embarrasses me to talk about.
He just takes hold of my arm. tells me to go to bed, he will be in shortly. I was fluffing around when he comes to bed and gets in. He takes down the cane and waves it around a little and tells me to get across his knee, that I am going to get spanked. I eventually get across his knee despite protestations and proclamations of innocence - why do we hesitate when its what we have asked for - and as for innocence, well I wasn't quite innocent was I, I still needed punishing, and so he was doing just that.
He spanked me hard with his hand and then whipped me with the cane all the while telling me off for everything I had done in the last couple of weeks. I eventually started to cry and said how sorry I was and that I was never going to do it again. He then just held me across his lap, while he watched his TV show, giving me gentle swats now and then, but me not daring to relax as I just didn't know when it was over.
Finally, he said I was dismissed and could get up. Something clicked in that spanking. I know in my heart I wont be using the credit card again without permission for a long long time. I don't know what it is, or what was different, but something was.
He told me that I have one more coming tomorrow morning before work and then my record will be expunged - until the next time. Oh!!! OK dear.
And he said we are also going to talk tonight about rules and consistency. He said he will need help with consistency as he often is forgetful. But he wants to set me some rules, he wants to be consistent, and he wants to be strict.
If I have rules that I would like him to set for me, things Id like his help with, is this topping from the bottom? There is a fine line. I think maybe he will get the hang of it when he hears my suggestions. I don't want to top from the bottom, but how else can I put suggestions to him until he gets the idea?
Maybe he has just suddenly realized what power he has in his strong hands. Maybe just maybe I'm going to start to get what I so desperately need. I hope so. I know everyone says it takes time, and I know I'm not the most patient of people, I know what it is I need, I can see in my head how things could work for us, and I want it to happen right now, without all the humps and bumps, but this is a learning curve, its teaching me making me grow and stretch out of my comfort zone in talking and opening up about my feelings in a very difficult topic. Its all good for me and in the long run its all good for him and me.
Wow, it sounds like you guys are really figuring this thing out! That's great!
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's topping from the bottom for you to make suggestions. There's a difference between being very forceful in your suggestions, and making them calmly and respectfully. After all, this relationship is meant to benefit both of you, and you are completely entitled to have ideas about what will be beneficial for your relationship. He will most likely be very willing to help you meet your goals.
Getting your thoughts out is a really good thing. That's what I want to work on with Leo. When they're in your head, they can be very jumbled and all over the place. Talking about them helps to process them, so it's good that you guys are discussing them.
Things sound like they're really progressing in your relationship. I can't wait to read your next posts!
Ha-ha,kiwigirl...that is just about the most hilarious thing I've read all day about your HoH holding out your "prompt" just out of your reach, lol! I'm so glad it all worked out anyway and that you got the spanking you deserved. That is pretty bad to use the credit card without permission if you have a problem with spending when you shouldn't and it sounds like you do, lol!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes,
Kitty
Sounds like a very good session. I believe he is starting to understand and may well be stepping up. I'll send pillows, I believe you're going to need them in the future.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
Kiwigirl, no, telling him what you think you need is not topping from the bottom. If it were me, I would put any P needs to be same day/next day...who would feel any emotional connection 3 weeks later?
ReplyDeletePethaps he needs some system to help him with his memeory? A calendar? Sara
I used to worry about topping from the bottom by telling what I needed/wanted. Then Master made me realize He is not a mind reader...but he gets to decide between needs and wants. Sounds like hubby is asking for help..
ReplyDeleteabby
I am happy that you seem to have gotten things back to a good place.
ReplyDeleteGood for you!!!
Hi Kiwi!
ReplyDeleteI know how frustrated you've been, and I'm so happy for you! No, definitely tell him what you need; communication is essential! Just make sure you get his input, too, on what he considers important. This is a contract involving both of you, and both of you should have a say in what it says. If remembering is a problem, maybe you can write down how you did and give it to him everyday? Or some other way of keeping track? Jay always asks me, but it's hard for me to volunteer information when he forgets to ask. That's just me, though. Find what works for you! Good luck! :)
You guys are so wonderful, thank you all for your comments and advice.
ReplyDeleteWe talked last night. He admits he has a problem with his memory and will need my help to remind him. This will feel a bit strange but I will do it.
He admitted he didnt really know what rules to set, so we talked. Dishonesty is one. Not that Im a dishonest person, I tend to just not tell the whole truth at times - and then get found out. Disobedience is a big one for him. Not using the credit card without permission is a huge one. And one other thing that is important to him is my exercise - i have to start doing it on a morning before work. If not, then Im in trouble. "big sigh" I hate exercise so i have to decide which do I hate more, exercise or the cane :(
And sulky moody behaviour - he doesnt like that. And I can get a little sulky at times so I guess I will have to watch that. No more demanding back my cash cards. It is not going to be tolerated he said!
I told him that the biggest thing I need from him is consistency - if i do something wrong, the discipline then - not three weeks later.
And he followed through this morning - another spanking before work - and now my record is expunged - for now he said.
And Sara, you were absolutely right, you did say this to me a couple of weeks ago. And thats what I found on Sunday - the punishment for my infractions over the previous three weeks or so on Sunday took care of my feelings of frustration and anger - not what I had done wrong. The second punishment on Wednesday night took care of that - after he read my note about it.
And today was just to round it all off to show me he means business. (And plus I got all sulky with him this morning becuase he wouldnt get out of bed with me).
So now im sitting at work, looking around at people just wondering who else gets spanked for something by the husbands just before coming to work, and sitting with a sore bottom and a very small sneeky smile on their face
:)
Life, is good. I feel complete now. Ive told him all that was in my heart, all my needs and he listened and wants to try.
I love him so.
I don't think I could stand for a punishment to have been so long in coming! I think by that point I would just want a fresh "re -do!" ha ha! Glad you are getting it worked out and I def don't think that you asking for accountability in specific areas is topping from the bottom....it's just communicating!
ReplyDeleteHi Ashley - no I couldnt and thats why i was getting so frustrated and angry so by the time it came to punish me on Sunday - i was a bit beyond myself - the punishment took care of those feelings, and didnt make me feel remorseful. I wrote him a note to that effect and with some other things and so he took care of me on Wednesday night with a hand spanking and whipping with the cane - that worked.
ReplyDeleteYeah, im discovering that talking about my needs in specific areas isnt topping - he is not a mind reader - sometimes though i wish it was him who had come to me with this idea and not the other way around. Would it be any easier? I dont know. Interesting thought though.
I found out today just how my HOH is willing to step up. I’m sitting on pillows myself. We have plans to be outside all day tomorrow and I’m not looking forward to it as much as I should. I dread sitting on the hard ground. This advice may come a little late but…. be careful what you ask for.
ReplyDeleteI really HATE the expression "topping from the bottom". Explaining your needs and desires to someone shouldn't translate to being bossy. As you go along, there may be things that can go unsaid and you and he will just click with TTWD, but in the beginning it's all about communication. You seem to already have a good idea of some rules you'd like help with. As you mentioned, exercise is something I hate doing but that and eating right is something I know I need to do for myself. So that's one of the rules I have where my husband can help give a little motivation.
ReplyDeleteHi Lea, yeah me too its confusing. Anyone should be able to explain their needs and i eventually did it. And as for exercise, yeah Im hoping teh cane will be a good motivator but i can see me seeing teh business end of a few times until i get it through my thick skull that the cane hurts way more than 40 minutes of exercise!
ReplyDelete