I don’t like change. Even in something as simple as bank accounts. I don’t like change at work, I don’t like change in my personal life. I prefer to keep things as they are, even though I know that change is good, it’s how progress is made. But still, change is hard and scary.
Our regime is changing. And it’s scary. And I don’t like it. But I am dealing with it. I am putting on a brave face for Sir because I know it’s for the betterment of my family. And he doesn’t need the stress of knowing I’m not overly happy. So I am trying to keep the “bigger picture” in mind.
I am following my rules. I’m in bed by 10.30pm, ringing Sir. I got a “good girl” last night when I rang and he asked me where I was. I’m doing my chores, not fighting with Little Miss (though I have to grit my teeth at times) but on the whole, so far so good (though saying that it’s only been 2 nights LOL). Wednesday is lunch day with the girls at work, and Sir prefers it if we discuss whether I am going to go or not. So as usual I asked him this morning. He said yes of course, he normally does anyway, but likes me to ask, so I did.
I am scared that this change in our routine is going to change our DD dynamic. I need immediate consequences. Waiting until maintenance day for punishment just doesn’t work for me all that well. The punishment loses impetus. So when he is at home on an evening with me I get those when I have done something wrong. But now, he is not home when I am home. I can’t see an issue. I don’t see what is wrong with him coming home from work and dealing with me IF there is a need.
So far I have done everything right. But I am bound to mess up at some point. We all do. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I’m going to deliberately mess up – I learnt that lesson didn’t I. But we do eventually do mess up in some way.
I think that was the problem with me last Sunday night. I needed reassuring that he would still deal with things, even on a morning before I went to work, if need be. And I went about it the complete wrong way. Instead of just having a discussion, I tested the boundaries. Epic fail.
But I will hold fast and be patient and give it time. I will be good and follow rules and be obedient. There will be times when I mess up, and I hope that Sir will still do the right thing and step up. And if he doesn’t, then I will use my words and talk rather than test. But in the meantime it's still not easy.



You want him to do his part, so you have to do yours. Just do the best you can that's all anybody can ask.
ReplyDeletehi Sunny, thanks. Im trying :) but if im honest i can sense change in him even in just the three days since he started night shift...its like we have gone right back to before DD.
Deletetime will tell
hugs kiwi xx
Hi Kiwi, Firstly, good on you for your determination to keep to the new rules, and for doing so thus far.
ReplyDeleteI know this seems easy for me to say, but try not to worry about issues that aren't there yet. I'm sure Sir will deal with anything he feels he needs to.
I understand delayed punishment is never ideal, I don't handle that well either! Your Sir will also more than likely not be in the right mind set to deal with anything as soon as he gets home from a night shift and before you head to work but you have to trust him to continue leading the household and let him do it his way. Of course, having said that, if anything is not working for you or upsetting you, you will need to talk to him about it and try to resolve it together.
If you find consequences have to be delayed due to your new regime, perhaps you could talk to him about reminder spankings or other reminders until the matter is able to be resolved.
Hang in there, it's early days. It may take a little while, but I'm sure you will both settle into the new regime and work out what is best for you both.
Hugs
Roz
Hi Roz, thanks. I tend to worry about stuff that hasnt actually happened yet...what i can see happening. Im worried though. I can sense a change in him - to how we were before DD. HIs lack of direction and instruction. Just slight but I know its there. I will have to wait and see. and maybe have a conversation at the weekend.
DeleteHugs kiwi xx
Perhaps he is also getting used to the shift in schedule and trying to figure out a way to make it work?
ReplyDeleteJust continue to be the way you would be if everything was still status quo.
Time will tell, but for now, there's no harm in believing that things are still the same - you're like me that way - worryin about how to solve a problem that hasn't shown up yet!
And that's how I cause problems half the time.
*good luck*
hi Fondles, yeah I hope you are right, but there is a subtle change, i can feel it. I think part of it is im not spending nearly enough time with him, after just spending teh last 6 months off work spending 24/7 being looked after now suddenly i get maybe 30 minutes a day if that....its tough on me. Im not handling it all that well. I want to be reassured that he will still be Sir to me. But Im not getting the vibe from him.
DeleteAnd I know this sounds all me me me - but I am not going to assume he feels the same, because maybe he is glad of the break from each other, I dont know. He is not always the most sentimental of people. Whereas I am so I have to reign it in a bit.
My attitude is getting out of sorts and I just wish he would pull me up about it, not even a spanking but just a word of warning - thats all im needing to hear.
I am guilty as charged, I do very much think ahead and try to solve a problem that may happen but hasnt yet. How do you stop that?
Thank you for the support though. Its great :)
hugs kiwi xx
Good for you Kiwi! Don't worry about the messing up. Just be yourself and deal with things as they come. Ending the manipulation is hard work.
ReplyDeleteHi Susie, thank you :) yeah im guilty of worrying about messing up even before its happened. I am trying to do everything right, except my attitude is now on the slide...for lots of reasons...and I just wish he would pull me up about it...just a word not even a punishment, you know. You know how that downward spiral gets when it starts!
DeleteHUgs kiwi xx
Kiwi, aren't you running a bit ahead of the problems?
ReplyDeleteYou are worrying about a possible future mess up, a possible future delay in punishment after that possible future mess up, and the possibility that you will not react correctly after that possible future delay in punishment.
There's good advice from the ladies above.
Just go ahead and be yourself without all that worrying.
Enjoy the good times. When there's trouble ahead, it will find you soon enough.
Hi Bas, oh yes thats me, guilty as charged. I always do try to solve problems that have not even happened yet. I wish I could learn how to stop doing that. Maybe something to work on during this horrible new routine of ours.
DeleteProblem is being myself means I become independent, make my own decisions, do what I want to do, have attitude, dont follow rules, I mean, what rules? I dont need rules hahaha. I can do what I want, when I want.
I dont want to be myself like that, I want to be submissive but I can feel he is losing his grip on this....which means I will too. I need him to still show me that he is the boss, and Im not talking about spankings here, just the word, a pull me up kind of word behave or else kind of thing. Lose the attitude Kiwi kind of thing. Becuase without it I wont. As much as I might want to and will try to, I wont succeed. I need his strength in this. Maybe its just going to take some time to adjust and re-think and re-do things to suit our new schedule, but in the meantime Im going to worry about it.
As much as I dont want to.
Hugs kiwi xxx
Keep your chin up girlfriend! A lecture my Dom has given me just begs to be applied here for you :) Remember Kiwi......anything worth having is worth working for and at times worth waiting for.
ReplyDeleteIt may take some time and adjusting to the 'newness' before you & your Sir settle into your new routine, but you'll get there. In a few months, you'll have all the kinks worked out & a brand-spanking-new (sorry, couldn't help myself :) ) routine that will work for you both & reaffirm the DD dynamic in your relationship. Good luck girl!
HI Irish Imp, thanks...its been a week now and things are settling down. Seems i have no need to worry about ttwd and my HOH letting go of the reigns. I have a post to publish tomorrow to update yuou all :)
DeleteIt's never easy, is it? I hope you both can adjust and that these changes go as smoothly as possible. I have a hard time with change too.
ReplyDeletethanks Lea, yeah we are slowly adjusting and everything is settling down..ive another blog to post tomorrow about it :) but lets just say im a happy camper
DeleteChange is a bit hard for everyone and it sounds like your Sir is adjusting to the new shift as well. You are handling it perfectly by showing your support bybeing good.Just take things as they come and it will all fall into place.
ReplyDeletehugs
db
HI DB - yeah i really REALLY dont like change. But we are adjusting...into our second week and ive already gotten into trouble big time yesterday :( and sir didnt let me down either, so im gonna blog about it just to update :)
DeleteDomestic Discipline is hard sometimes but it is wonderful. I have updated my blog today www.1950princess.blogspot.co.uk
ReplyDelete