Thursday, 8 March 2012

Grounded!

Friday 9th March 2012

Growing and learning …in leaps and bounds... is what my HoH is doing.

It’s hard and it’s frustrating for me at times but it feels ever so good at the same time.  We women are such complex creatures aren’t we?

I am in trouble again *sigh*….and I am grounded from my computer chess game *sigh*…because I spent too much time on it and didn’t get my morning chores done yesterday and I ended up running late.

*BIG sigh*



This morning the computer was there and I’m sure I heard it call out “come play with me”.  I admit I was ever so tempted.  He wouldn’t know.  He was still sleeping. 

But then …

I didn’t.  My good girl angel was in full form and I did my chores instead.

I wonder how long I’m grounded for.  He won’t tell me, just until further notice he said.  But he did say I was a good girl this morning when I woke him up with a cuppa and told him.

What a feeling, huh?

Worth it? 

Absolutely yes!  but I still miss my chess

28 comments:

  1. Way to go, Kiwi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...and good for you! A little bit of praise is better than a hundred chess games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi susie, thank you, yes you are right :) its way better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide if I'd be happy or not with a grounding. I'm kind of with you! It's nice that they do it, not so nice that you lost your privilege. Hopefully your lovely good girl behavior will get you your chess game back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riley, Im not happy with it but i accept it. Not sure that Ive been a good enough girl to get it back yet....

      Delete
  5. I love your free spirit. Sadly I am too type A - get told I need to loosen up. Kiwi, just continue to be happy and try to get the things done that need doing but keep that glorious happiness. I totally love your blog!

    Love, Isabella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Molded, im glad you like it...just my little plce to process stuff we go through.

      Delete
  6. I have a son that plays chess online. He's really good and I can understand the addiction.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chess is not the same as call for heroes, just to name one. Actually it is an olympic sport. Of all the things you can be banned from this one must surely top the list of controversial choices, bar perhaps book burning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it takes my time away from him and it distracts me from chores, so he has taken it away for the time being..until i learn my lesson.

      Delete
  8. Way to go, one point for the good girl angel! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one step forward but then three back over the weekend lea :(

      Delete
  9. Ha! Lol :) sounds like things are on the 'up' again Kiwi :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job for listening to the good girl angel!
    Doesn't that stink sometimes? I hate having to choose which side of me to listen to (and I usually listen to the wrong one) but in the end it is oh so worth it to choose to do the right thing! :)
    Blessings,
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bunny. Yes definiately worth it but im not perfect and im not saying next time id make the same decision LOL....!

      Delete
  11. Aw...

    You are better than I am. I've gotten grounded from playing online...and...um...kinda sneaked in play anyway. Good for you for being able to resist the temptation.

    I "appreciate" (I don't like it, but it really works) when I'm grounded without being told how long. It really reinforces who is in charge and who makes decisions...and whose opinion counts. Plus it reminds me that my job is to please her, not just please myself.

    Hope you get to play again soon, though. I agree that online chess has to be one of the more benign addictions. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana, Im guilty of that too...just this time around I made the right decision....not saying id make the right one next time albeit I should
      Chess takes me away from him and distracts me from my chores so hence the grounding. Now I have to ask first if i want to play and he decides depending on everythig else. I managed a game over the weekend.

      Delete
  12. Aw well the fact that you didnt play even though he was still sleeping, plus you did your chores, defintely shows how effective it is! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, this time around...not sure about the next LOL....thank you :)

      Delete
  13. I don't know, both sides sound good. I like that he notices and holds me accountable even if I have to pay a price, but then I love when I've done the right thing and hear him tell me "good girl." It never sits well with me when I get away with something. The guilt is usually worse than the price I would have paid in getting caught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i love how he notices and holds me accountable. Being told good girl is always always great.

      Delete
  14. Woo-hoo! Way to go Kiwi! You resisted temptation! :) Hopefully you won't be banned from chess for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, he has now decided i have to ask first. I managed a game over the weekend. Its just it can take me away from him when i get enthralled and it distracts me from my chores. So as long as im not on it for a long time and i have done all my chores, then i can play - but i have to ask first for the time being.

      Delete
  15. I'm glad you were able to resist temptation. I have that problem with bedtime. I missed it the other night by 30 minutes. He'll usually let me slide if its a minute or two.. but thirty? And there was no good explanation. At all.

    He hasn't chosen to punish me for it yet, but the next day I was right in bed on time. Truthfully, I'll be disappointed if I'm not held accountable. Consistency is key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lea,
      yes my good girl angel was strong that morning :) i felt good about being good. Now i have to ask permission to play - usually he says yes and its great, when he says no i try very hard not to pout and fuss over it...so far so good with that :)
      Consistency is a big key, yes i agree
      I hope you get what it is you need Lea...let me know how you get on
      love kiwi xx

      Delete