Verses
For the last few weeks I have been struggling with maintenance. I haven’t been able to take the severity that Sir has been delivering. I haven’t been able to stay in position. This makes me feel really bad, I can see his annoyance and his impatience with me and it’s understandable always having to ask me to get back down again. It got to the point where I thought I might call an end to it all, I started to feel that DD was not going to be for me. I started to dread it and the two weeks it didn’t happen on the set day – it didn’t phase me and I didn’t remind him about it. I don’t do much to warrant punishments, or if I do he is being very lenient. So maintenance for me would be a way to remind me to behave or else it could be far worse. But in the end maintenance was feeling more and more like punishments. I am a spanko. I love spanking, but I don’t like punishments at all. So I was looking forward to maintenance and have a regular spanking session where if sex followed it didn’t confuse issues or blur lines. Wasn’t overly hard, where perhaps I could feel subspace again. So you can imagine how deflated I have felt with it. It’s been nothing like that at all. I have felt resentful with it because it’s felt like punishment. And I have not done anything to deserve it.
And I always cry. There are always tears. I don’t want to cry all the time. I find crying very soul cleansing during a punishment. But during maintenance, it’s not exactly how I imagined it being. FOR ME maintenance is a reconnection, a reminder to be good, a reminder of our roles and positions. That he is Sir and I am me, I am submissive to Sir, obedient to Sir and this is what happens – only worse – when I don’t submit, obey and remain respectful. Yes, maintenance it should be hard enough for me to take notice, but I don’t think it should feel like a punishment – unless of course I have done something that for maintenance to develop into punishment.
I have been giving it some thought. Last weekend, I managed to handle maintenance much better. I still cried, of course, I think I’m becoming quite a baby and my pain threshold seems to have lessened over the last few months.
I still get corner time. Which even with its major cringe factor, standing there naked or at least the lower half of me naked, stinging and red, sniffling, hand above my head on the wall, nose pointing into the corner, while all the time knowing he is watching me, just waiting for the command to come to bed, I still find corner time appealing, its comforting to me. I find it finishes off everything just nicely and then when I get the call to come out of corner time and into bed, more intimate things may develop. Corner time I feel for me bring finality to maintenance and punishments. I feel a bit lost when he doesn’t give me it.
Anyway, I had a bit of a light bulb moment. I think he considers any form of spanking as punishment. He uses maintenance as punishment and that is how it feels. It feels like punishment.
I have talked to him and hopefully he will be little more lenient. I know a lot of people will say it’s entirely up to him how he administers punishments and maintenance, but I feel that I have a right to voice my opinion. I have a right to say if it’s too much. And it has been getting too much. Last weekend, he took it fairly easy on me at first, which helps to let things build up. It also lasts longer (which is great for any spanko) and so I get that feeling of reconnection much more easily. It also means that even though it’s Friday and Sunday maintenance is two days away, I'm not looking for ways to wriggle out of it now, I’m not dreading it like I was beginning to. I'm actually looking forward to our maintenance session on Sunday and it's a good feeling.







I agree with you 100%. You wrote down how I feel. Maybe it is the spanko mind. Hope Sunday is great
ReplyDeleteHi Blondie - i think it is how we spanko's think :) but my weekend was just awful and I completely refused maintenance last night :( - im going to blog about it later today xxx
DeleteSome will think that this is topping from the bottom, but I don't see it that way. YOU introduced spanking into this relationship because you needed/wanted it. I think it's your responsibility to explain to him what you need and how you needed. He won't know if you don't.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
PS. Anyway you'd think of getting rid of the word verification? Sometimes I can get it and some times it takes me a while and I just give up.
HI PK...easy part first - i just got rid of the word verification - i think - let me know if its still there.
DeleteYes i introduced tis to him and so i agree with you its my responisibilty to tell him how i am feeling. I fail to do that properly all the time.
I completely refused maintenance last night...i just chickened out completely...will blog about it later, but i desparately want to talk to him about it but words fail me.
They are not mindreaders. I don't think it's topping from the bottom. You have thoughts and feelings and you should express them. Glad things seem to be better.
ReplyDeleteBTW I agree with PK because I sometimes just give up also.
Hi Sunngyirl. My husband is a funny man. He has taken to this like a duck takes to water and he has just run with it...but im not able to catch up to him now. He figures maintenance spanking any kind of spanking is meant to be hard for me to take notice. BUT one thing was made clear over the weekend, something he said on Saturday about my behaviour and he said "you are so goign to get it on sunday" made me realize he really doesnt get the difference between an immediate punishment spanking as opposed to maintenance. I am going to do my level best to talk to him tonight. No kids fo the week so its a perfect time.
DeleteOh and word veririfcation has gone - horrible isnt it.
I agree with sg, you should be able to tell him what is and is not working. It is nice to hear you are looking forward to Sunday. Sometimes the ups and downs can be so overwhelming but it sounds like you worked through a lot of it.
ReplyDeletehi DB - Sunday was a complete failure. I completely refused to have maintenance. Im feeling a littel out of control. He is running so far ahead of me i feel and i cant seem to catch up - ironic really lol
DeleteDefinitely, you should share how you are feeling. I don't think anyone wants you to be unhappy in this relationship. :)
ReplyDeletehi K....thank you :) i appreciate your thoughts. Sunday was a complete failure in that i completely refused maintenance. Something he said over the weekend made me realize he really doesnt understand the differene...im going to blog about it shortly.
DeleteMaintenance and punishment will happen tonight I think....but not before i do some talking - which is THE HARDEST thing for me.
*sigh*
Letting Him know how you feel is not topping from the bottom, it is giving Him the information He needs to best be your Sir. Master's definition of maintenance is different than mine...we go by His...but it is different tahn punishment, otherwise I would feel exactly as you do. abby
ReplyDeleteThank you Abby. I do fully appreciate and agree that Sir's definiation of maintenance may very well be different from mine....but i think its important to have it feel different to punishment. And ours doesnt at the moment. So its important that i find the words to tell him. Urggh its the hardest thing to talk about.
Deletehugs xx
I don't think it's topping from the bottom either. These things need to be talked about because remember, he gains most, if not all, of how 'to do it' from you? So HE may be feeling a little confused as to what maintenance should look like. Like BT says, it's good to talk :)
ReplyDeleteDee x
hi Dee, welcome back and thank you. Im going to do my best to talk to him tonight. I refused maintenane last night and i know its coming tonight but i really need to talk to him first.
DeleteI agree with everyone, I don't think it's topping from the bottom. You need to voice your feelings. I think it shows clearly that you know he is in charge but still want your feelings to be heard. It's hard to find the mix of the two (him being in charge, but you expressing yourself as well) but it seems like youre figuring it out. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Playful. Thank you. Yes its very difficult to find the balance isnt it. I refused maintenance last night. I dont know why. I think we had gotten comfortable in bed, not a word had been said, and then all of a sudden he remembered and I just didn twant to. i need it to change slightly.
DeleteNothing wrong at all with expressing how you feel and think to him. He may be the leader, the HoH, but you're his partner. I'm glad you were able to do that and that he listened as well and hopefully Sunday will be easier on your bottom and your heart!
ReplyDeleteHi Christina. Sunday was easy on me.....i refused maintenance compltely :( easy on my behind but not easy on my heart. I feel bad about it now. A talk is really needed i think.
DeleteIts coming tonight but not without me finding the courage and the words to talk to him properly first. Or this thing we do is just going to stop. I can see it and i dont want that to happen.
Definitely talk to him. I recently wrote a long letter to my husband about maintenance (Role Affirmation) because I needed some refinements. I'm not eager for RA but I am wondering how it will affect him, the things I wrote.
ReplyDeleteWe do it when we have been apart for over 12 hours. Or if I have had a friend visit (I get to acting very distant from him). I think it still feels like punishment. I find it hard to submit and sometimes I get an attitude. So it turns into discipline.
Hi Stormy. I agree I do need to talk to him. I refused maintenance last night. Its finding the words and the courage that is the hard thing. Especially for me. I know exactly how you are feeling, when it feels like punishment and there is no reason for a punishment then resentment builds....
Deletehe said something to me on saturday about my atttidue and then said he couldnt wait until Sunday and i was so going to get it. That made me realize he just doesnt understand at all. If i had had a bad attitude on Saturday - that would have been the day to punish me for it....not wait until maintenance.....
Thanks Stormy.
Maintenance shouldn't exist, period. And if you don't want to cry, use a safe-word. I'm not married, I admit. And I've never had a man "spanK" (actually 'whip') me until I cried. I have had a belt whipping that I wished had gone on longer, but this man NEVER cared what I wanted. So, I didn't tell him it wasn't enough. But the one who is submissive HAS to be the one who has the last vote. Espcially, man whipping woman. "Cause men are bigger & stronger & may not realize how it feels.
ReplyDelete