Monday, 21 January 2013

HELP...posting pics problems

Can anyone help...I cant seem to load pictures on my blog - only ones I have used before.  I used to be able to click on the icon "insert image" then click on browse and find a picture that i had previously saved on the computer to use.  Now that has disappeared.  I cant even find a picture and copy and paste it.  All I seem to be able to do is use pictures from this blog already used.  There appears to be an "upload" button, but when i click on it, nothing happens.

It says i can upload JPG GIF and PNG files - but no way of doing so....anyone got any ideas?

15 comments:

  1. A friend of mine had a similar problem a couple months back and I suggested they do a Defrag, then a full system scan for threats & to free up disc space. They then left the comp of for the rest of the day. The next day everything was back to normal. Not sure exactly why it worked or if something similar would help you... just thought I'd pass the info along as a possible suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwi,

    Sorry, not sure why you can't post pictures. I just tired, mine OK. Maybe try MrBB's idea or restart your computer. Sometimes I get glitches and need to close down and then everything seems OK. Hope you get it sorted.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kiwi, Sorry I'm not sure either. I seem to have been lucky glitch wise so far. Hopefully Mr BB and Ronnie's ideas may help. I hope you manage to get the problem sorted.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a known issue with Blogger, and it is currently under investigation. There are two workarounds:

    1. Use Firefox or Chrome as your browser (I believe it is an IE problem.

    2. When you are composing a post, switch from the Compose tab to the HTML tab. Use the photo upload there. it is different from the one in the Compose tab. After you have uploaded the photo, switch back to Compose and carry on as usual.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also check that Java is up to date and enabled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem - the upload button is greyed out. I've been either not using photos or going to my phone and uploading them there and then back to my computer to edit the post. Looks like Mr BB and Hermoine have some good ideas - I'm going to try them too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ability to post a picture is fixed on my blog now so I hope yours is as well! Still say we should all get together and spank blogger!

      Delete
  7. I have to click the HTML at the top left of the post to load the picture, and then click Compose to go back to regular composing once it's loaded. I found out how to do that on a trouble shooting page google put up about the issue. I hope it works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do exactly what Es May suggested. It's a pain! But I also have discovered that it is working fine on my other computer. What browser are you using? Safari might be worth downloading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, once you switch back to Compose, you will have to drag your photo into position. You may also have to choose your alignment again. Mine seems different every time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend had the same problem on her vanilla blog. What internet browser do you use? She was using Internet Explorer when encountering the problem. After using Chrome, all the options loaded properly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi guys, thank you so much...i use internet explorer....and its not working on either my home computer or my work computer...bloody frustrating...but some really helpful hints here...ill try switching from compose tab to html tab....watch this space...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Internet Explorer is not a good choice of browser for Blogger. The two don't get along well, especially earlier versions of IE. I recommend Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi guys, it seems the pic issue is fixed - for now. Swtching to html helped but now I dont need to...fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right; the problem has been resolved in Blogger.

    ReplyDelete