Thursday, 15 December 2011

An Incident

 Friday 16th December 2011

We had an incident a week ago.  It’s taken me a long time to process it properly.  And for him too perhaps, but perhaps not.

Last Saturday evening we were having pleasant drinks with a friend, things were jovial, the weather was lovely and we were sat outside.  Eventually the friend left us and we continued a pleasant evening.  Pleasant that is until I got lippy – apparently – I say I was just kidding around – he said he didn’t care.  I got lippy and I told Sir to just shut up.  He reacted quickly and sharp and I didn’t see it coming.

The next thing I know is he has a handful of my hair in his hand, puling it hard, he has hold of my arm twisting it behind me and he propels me quickly into the bedroom, and pushes me face down on to the bed, where I expect to be spanked, hard.  But he didn’t.  He just leaned on me and severely told me off and to never ever talk to him that way again.

It shocked me so much I just sat and cried on the bed while he disappeared into the bathroom.  He came out a short while later and told me to get to bed.  I did.  I tried to stay away from him.  I was crying and I was on the farthest side of the bed possible.  I felt him reach out to me, and I avoided him so he grabbed my hair and pulled me closer to him, he wrapped his arms around me while I cried on his chest.  He kissed the top of my head, told me not to do it again, I simply nodded and we slept.

Sunday morning dawned bright and sunny but I didn’t feel it.  I was quiet and shy, keeping my head down low I guess.  He carried on as if nothing happened, and just mentioned passing me by that perhaps Ill now learn to keep my tongue in check.  I actually asked him why he didn’t spank me and he just said he didn’t need to and it’s entirely up to him if where when and how he punishes me.

Yes sir was how I responded.  There could be no other appropriate response.

We talked a bit later and he was quite proud of himself that he had responded immediately to behaviour of mine that he didn’t like and wanted stopped. 

The rest of the week until Wednesday morning has been strained, well to me it has, maybe not so much to him.  He had yet to punish me for last week’s infractions.  From Sunday he kept saying “tonight’s the night baby” I kept saying “yes sir” but nothing happened. 

I was frustrated, disappointed, scared, upset, and relieved, all at the same time.  I was a bundle of emotions and just not quite sure how to deal with what happened, the Saturday incident and then the lack of punishment during the week, which was coming but never did.  I spent two nights not sleeping, and working myself up.

Wednesday morning I broke down finally.  I sat on the edge of the bed and just cried and told him that I didn’t want to be scared of him that I didn’t sign up for that kind of punishment, and speaking of punishment if he didn’t want to do this anymore, then tell me, don’t just say its going to happen and then not do it.  I can’t handle it. 
He cuddled me and kissed me and reassured me that he would never ever hurt me. But he has no intention of stopping spanking me when I need it, that he will punish me how he sees fit, not as I dictate.

That night, he decided he had let it go too long, and I was punished for all my previous week’s infractions.  While he was stood there with the cane in his hand telling me to bend over the bed, he told me to bury my head in the pillow and take what was coming to me.  I did.  It hurt and I cried.  It was a relief.  The tears flowing freed all my emotions that were pent up.  I think he had been wary to spank me after Saturday, I was certainly wary of being spanked after Saturday.  But when it came, it was good, it reconnected us, it reset me, it reassured us both that this is what we want, it helps us.  After he had finished he just laid on top of me holding me until I stopped crying and then he made other emotions flow from me and it was amazing, it was the best.  I slept like a baby that night.

Then yesterday after dinner I needed to wrap a couple of presents, I couldn’t find the tape and got a bit – well frustrated.  He said if he had to get up and if he found it I would be in for the sorest arse ever.  This was said in front of the kids. 

Well he did find it.  I didn’t end up with the sorest arse but I did end up being walked into the bedroom, the door closed and locked a gentle hand pressing me down over the side of the bed and two hard swats with the paddle for not looking properly in the first place and just to prove a point that he means what he says.  Immediate consequences and if he says he is going to spank me then he will, regardless.

We walked out of the bedroom hand in hand and the kids didn’t even bat an eyelid, just carried on doing what they were doing.  But then, the kids are very used to seeing him swat me as I walk past, they are used to hearing him say Ill be in trouble, they are used t hearing him being the boss, he leader being in charge of all of us.  He does the flyby swats all the time nowadays, I think they understand the hierarchy in our family, dad is the leader, we follow.  They see the affection between us, the intimacy and tenderness, the love and respect and that can only be a good lesson for them.

I think, I hope, I pray that  we might just be back on track.




15 comments:

  1. Oh, Kiwi... those mixed messages would just do my head in too... glad you are back on track now. xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwi, I would have been very hurt by what you described happening on Sat night too. You didn't say whether he apologized. I got the impression that he thought he handled things just fine. I would've had a really hard time moving forward if that's the case. It sounds like maybe you've moved on though, so for your sake I hope that things are better now. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one has me wondering a little. Sat night seems over the top to me.everyone is different but IMHO in order for dd to work trust in your partner has to be there. You have to trust that your partner is not going to abuse the power that you give to them. His response to your "shut up" is not what I would call dd. (nobody hates that phrase more than I do-believe me). We playfully swat it front of our kuds, but it's tender not angry. I'm sure you guys will work it through. Your Saturday night would take me a long time to get over. I probably would suspend our dd arrangement until we were a little healthier and he had earned some of my trust back.

    Just my 2 cents,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwi, I think the real issue is how YOU feel about 'the incident'. I would not ever want to be dragged by my hair, or man-handled. I would view that as out of control and anger driven action, not an agreed upon consequence, not thought-out and controlled expression of his authority...unless you say it is. The fact that you were so shaken, that you were scared, concerns me a lot. A man who is not in control of himself surely cannot take control someone else.

    He said "he would never hurt you" but he did. Is there an understanding of why?

    I hope you have had time to process between yourselves, and decide jointly what the perimeters in your relationship should be.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwi - glad things are better. I think it would be good to for the two of you to set some rules so you know what where the lines are drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh kiwi, I agree with all the above comments. He crossed the line. You obviously realise this from how you've explained in your post. I do hope you can have him come to the understanding that you find this unacceptable, this isn't dictating, it's communicating and letting him know your boundaries. I hope you can work through this, together.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. DC: thank you, so am I, I can tell you :) xx
    GRACE: He was happy at handling something immediately rather than waiting. Though I agree he should have waited and calmed down first. He concedes it wasnt the right way though he did say its up to him if where when and how. I think he got carried away - lessons learned for both of us.
    NOT THE PETRIES: I think we did suspend it for a few days to be honest, subconsciously. Wednesday's punishment was the first since but it was needed i think for both of us to establish that trust again. It worked.
    SARA: I didnt like it. He knows it. he accepted that he was in the wrong in the way he acted. I dont think it will happen again. We have moved on and its so much better.
    SUNNYGRL: Thank you, i think you are right.
    DEE: I think we have worked it out now. Things are so much better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwi...do you like your hair being pulled? I know that with Z I do sometimes during sex and I've told him that it makes me feel dominated. I'm wondering if you like it so your husband thought it was apropriate in that situation? Anyways...sound to me like he is going according to his mood. Is he ever interested in reading blogs himself to learn to grow or be encouraged along the way or is he not open to that yet? Anyways...hugs and I know you will get all worked out. Sounded like a rough time for sure....
    oh...and doesn't it embarrass you for the kids to know what's going on or is that just kind of the way you guys have agreed on raising them? No judgments...just asking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ashley, yes i like my hair bein pulled and its easy for him to get hold of with being long. But I really didnt like what he did on saturday but i dont think he will do it again. He doesnt know about blogs - we just talk and i pass on info that i get. Maybe he will in time.
    As for the kids, they dont really know whats going on as such, the flyby swats i get are always done in a very jovial manner when they are about - them knowing what we do is the last thing he would want. His parents are just the same, his dad often swats his mum in company. We often go off into the bedroom for a cuddle while they watch TV so that was nothing knew for them - not for long periods of time - 10 minutes or so, just a quick 10 minutes quiet time for us. Thats all this was, but with a quick hard swat with the paddle. When we came out Little Miss was all giggly and pretending to smoochie kiss singing that silly song mummy and daddy sitting in a tree...k i s s i n g .... you know the one :)
    But like i say, they know he is the leader in our house, just in the way he is. But they certainly dont know what we do. Im sorry if it came across like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can understand why you were shaken by that incident with how out of the blue it seemed to be. Glad to hear that you both were able to pull yourselves together and move toward being back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't comment when I first read this because I felt the same as everyone else...that sinking feeling in the tummy over how he handled Sat. night. I'd have been very hurt and confused as well. I'm glad you've been able to talk it through and hope he is recognizing some boundaries between loving discipline and the kinds of actions which knock you off your feet and hurt your confidence in him. Really glad you feel like you are back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kiwi,

    I'm not sure if I have every commented on one of your posts, but I do follow your blog. What a scary experience! I know you trust your husband, otherwise you would not have opened up to a lifestyle such as DD with him, but I completely understand how you felt and your reactions throughout the next few days.

    I don't know how long you've been at it, but my boyfriend and I are pretty new to the whole dynamic. Sometimes when he "thinks" he is asserting himself as the HOH role, he actually is condescending or even mean by my standards. I never push anything while we're in the midst of a session, because I understand he has his growth in this too, but when he starts to push a boundary that is not okay with me I do let him know. I make it clear that I'm not being disobedient, I'm being completely honest in that if he pushes me too far we will lose a trust between us. Ultimately he is always respectful, but it can be a bit of a tightrope walk in those moments.

    I know that is not much to say as a means of support when you are caught off-guard by something that clearly he hadn't done before. And I can say that being as sensitive as I am about things, I would have reacted exactly as you did (probably would have cried for three days straight actually). But I guess what I mean is that I understand.

    You can't put every detail of every part of what happened over the last few days in one entry (nor would you probably want to), but getting it out of your system and airing your emotions while they are still a bit raw is part of the healing process, even when you may have both moved past the incident. I trust your relationship is okay now, but just make sure your emotions are worked through.

    I'm here for you! (hugs and such)

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lea thank you, yes i was rather shaken. Im feeilng better slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi susie, thank you :) im going to post a follow up very shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Autumn welcome to my blog and thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. We are new to it too so we are going to make mistakes, but i think so long as its talked about and boundaries reset we can move on. Trust is not completely lost yet but if it happened again then I think it might be and it would be an ened to my DD relationship with him. he is learning along side me, and we both have boundaries to follow and keep an eye on.
    Thank you once again for your kind words an dgood luck to you and your bf on your journey too

    ReplyDelete