Wednesday, 7 December 2011

The jury is out

Thursday 8th December 2011

Nothing happened last night after I emailed Sir about my very bad behaviour yesterday morning.  He didn’t read it until today (I’ve just checked and he has read it) so the jury is out on that verdict and no doubt I will find out tonight when I get home.

As for shopping, yes, well, I went over the budget.  By my reckoning only $6, (better than last week).  By his reckoning I went over by $56 (56 swats is going to hurt he told me).  A slight misunderstanding between us here, he told me one amount but then said he changed it (yes I think I did hear him say the changed figure but sssshhhhh me thinks I’m taking advantage here) But, last night at bedtime he decided that as my rear end is still a little tender my punishment is postponed.   But  either way I deserve some form of punishment, for going over (either amount) and for taking advantage.  I shouldn’t be allowed to do that.  And on top of that my behaviour with Little Miss shouldn’t be ignored or to be gotten away with, I feel.

I mentioned this morning (before he read my email from yesterday) that I was surprised that he had allowed my behaviour.  He said I shouldn’t push him too much as things will just get worse for me, I won’t think its thrilling or exciting, it will just be painful for me.

In summary, Wednesday was a bad day for me all around.  I write everything down in my book and I have five entries which look pretty much like this:
Wednesday 7th December 2011
1.                  No exercise.
2.                  Very bad mood, with everyone for no reasons.
3.                  I argued with Little Miss and set a very poor example of how to behave, tit for tat arguing and pouring "petrol" on the fire, right at her level.
4.                  I broke the grocery budget (I say $6, you say $56)
5.                  I forgot to do the one thing Sir asked me to do.

So yes, well I guess the verdict is out on whether I get a punishment or not and looking at the list above, it will probably be a big one.

My post might be a little disjointed today, I’m feeling that way.  We had a discussion this morning which kind of left me reeling a little. 

There is something I want to do for Christmas and we are having discussions on it.  He hasn’t said no but he hasn’t said yes either, and he hasn’t said he needs time to think about it.  So I am going ahead and organising it.  He hesitated about it this morning when we were talking and so I directly asked him the question
“Are you specifically telling me I can’t do this?”
He replied
“It’s not my place to tell you what you can and can’t do” then he waved his cheery wave and drove off, leaving me to follow, slightly bewildered.  It left me pondering.  I need it to be his place to tell me what or what not to do when it comes to things affecting our family.  I need him to be the leader of our house, to be in charge, and to stop me from doing stupid things that might damage our family our relationship.  I thought he got this.  I thought he was with me on this.

So I got to work and I found I just had to get it off my chest.  This is the email I sent to Sir.

I've been pondering, and just want to be clear if that’s OK - I NEED it to be your place to tell me what I can and can’t do in things that affects us as a family.   I love the fact that you are the boss and in charge...I might fight against it sometimes, just to pull your leg but other times a little bit more seriously, but deep down I love it OK (and so do you I think).  So don’t stop.  Don’t stop being in charge of me, don’t stop the discipline, immediate consequences are the best - when we can - and when we cant you need to tell me it is going to happen at the next opportunity and be consistent with that.  Want to know how it makes me feel?  Loved, secure and protected.    So please don’t stop OK.  I think you are brilliant at it.  You are strict and it's frustrating at times but I do love it.  You also listen as well, and sometimes we do negotiate - so it’s not like I'm a doormat or anything like that.  Just when it counts you are the boss.  Just how I need it to be

So the jury is out on two verdicts.

One on whether or not I get punished for my very bad day yesterday (maybe I should just ask him to and be done with it so I can stop feeling guilty and move on)

But more importantly on whether he actually understand this need I have.  Just when I thought he had finally gotten it.  He said what he said.  I hope the email I sent provokes a conversation.  I added at the end of it that I emailed him because I just bloody well cant say it out loud.  I hope he reads it.  I don't know what to do.


11 comments:

  1. I like the email you sent him! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kiwi, I smacked my head with my palm when I read that. I'm so sorry. It's not his place? I'm a bit at a loss as to how he could think the place you expect him to be is anything else! It's one thing for a man when he has a sub that's fighting her nature and trying to tell herself she is not what she is, but you are very clear about all this. And for what it's worth to you, I think you have an awful lot of potential if he'd just pick up the reigns and stick with it. I was just thinking happy thoughts for you too after your recent successes!

    I'm sometimes a bit boggled as well at his lack of use of all the information you offer him. I've worked with so many women that don't want to want it, and fight their own nature tooth and nail. I'm not really sure how to react to a submissive that is virtually screaming to be taken and is being....I guess "ignored" is the wrong word, but not really being given the right kind of attention from her dom even when she blatantly asks. Please understand that I am not trying to insult or attack him, but damned girl! Not his place? I understand your feelings well. I mean, what the Hell?!

    I can only offer you my good thoughts and tell you to hang in there. He seems to be getting it in some areas. He'll surely catch up to you eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rogue - thank you i hope he likes it, i know he has read it ;) (I checked hehe),
    Magnus - simply thank you - your words mean a lot but maybe he just isnt into being a dom as much as i (or he) thought. But he does seem to be getting it and then bang its gone again....two steps forward one step back makes for a slow journey but still getting there inch by inch :) - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear... he IS sending out mixed messages, isn't he?

    I am wondering what this "thing" is you are trying to arrange. Maybe he still is a little uncertain of where to draw the line...if, for instance, it is to do with your family...and he isn't sure if it is right to tell you whether or not you can arrange to be with them? Anyway, hope you work it out ok. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's particularly difficult for those men who haven't been in this type of dynamic before? It's gotta be confusing to them too at times. He is getting there Kiwi, just not getting 'all of it' yet. It takes a whole lot of time. I'm still wondering if he doesn't quite realise how much you want from him? Hang in there, I hope you're email helps.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting Kiwi. My husband totally 'gets' it and is in charge of our home in so many ways. But...there are places in our lives where he is very careful about telling me what and what not to do. That may be just because of my personality or because I'm not as submissive as some. It's certainly not that he doesn't want to lead but there is so much that we do which comes from a shared decision. It would seem odd to him to "make a call" on most things, especially big things. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the leadership piece has been for us a higher level than the discipline piece and takes bunches of communication. Your e-mail to him was great. I hope you do have a good conversation coming out of it and that he will begin to understand your desire for strong leadership over your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds to me like he is stepping up and doing his part very well. I like that he didn't spank you when he thought it might be too soon after your last punishment. He's being reasonable.

    I'm not sure about the other. I know Nick won't tell me what to do on the big things either. It's important to him that I realize doing what is best for 'us' and the whole family is my responsibility. It's not exactly the way I want it but it's important for him.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwi, Some things just take time and patience. You are communicating and that can never be a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwi, I'm glad you opened the lines of communication about this with him. I hope that the two of you will find yourselves on the same page soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DC: yup mixed signals alright. We will sort through them. Its not a family thing but still he needs to take part in the decision making. Its sorted now though.
    DEE: Exatly. And he never has - in fact quite the opposite. The email helped and im going to post the verdict very shortly.
    SUSIE: Its finding that balance right? Thank you - verdict is coming.
    PK: Thank you. Do you really think so? I hope you are right and its not just him fading out again. All i want him to realise is that big things are talked about and we make a decision - he has the last word - and if i disobey then thats when the discipline comes into it. Simple right?
    FAERIE: thank you - so true xxx
    GRACE: Thank you, we will :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your email leads to the conversation that you want to have. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete