Thursday, 8 November 2012

Second Thoughts


I am having second thoughts about living in a DD relationship.  If it means me changing into someone that I am not, then I don't want it anymore.

There, I said it.

That was surprising hard to admit to myself.

Last night thorn rang to speak to Little Miss and as usual to Sir too. 


Thursday night is his bath night.  He relaxes back for an hour or two with a book, a beer and a smoke and enjoys some quiet peaceful time to himself.




She had rung and spoke to Little Miss.  Sir had instructed me to pick up the second phone and to listen to what she was saying.  So I did as I was told (yes OK gleefully, Ill admit it).

That was when Thorn said to Little Miss she wanted to talk to daddy.

Little Miss told her he was in the bath and so she said she would ring back.

She did.

I answered the phone this time.  I wish I hadn’t.

I told her he was still in the bath.

She TOLD  me to "just take the phone to him then".

Now this is where it gets tricky for me.  Hard to swallow, because I did.  I meekly took the phone to him.

2 years ago, before we started this, I would have told her where to get off, that she would have to wait for him to finish, and to try back in half an hour and hung the phone up.

But no, I took the phone to him.

I will defer to my husband every single time.

But I will not defer to anyone else in my house, absolutely no one.

I was so angry at myself.  At her.  At Sir.










Where has my backbone gone.  I acted like I was a doormat – her doormat.

I know Sir would preferred me to have handed the phone to him.  So in that respect I did defer to him.  But normally I would have just said to phone back as he was in the bath.  Why didn’t I do that.  I want to kick myself. 

So on the one hand I submitted to my husband but it feels like I lost a part of me in doing it.  Which is not what this is meant to be about.



It makes me feel like I am changing.  And not for the better, not for the right reasons.    I will change for Sir but not for anyone else.    








BUT

If DD means me being submissive to Thorn (oh that was so hard to write) then I quit, I give up DD.  I will gladly go back to our previous relationship, no more submitting to anyone, because its making me the person I don't want to be.  I am not a doormat, I will not submit to a person like HER.  Not ever.  And standing up for myself does not mean I'm not submissive to Sir.  Does it?


15 comments:

  1. Aw, first off .. hugs hugs and more hugs. I don't know your Sir, but I can bet that he would never want you to change. You are YOU and I bet that's something he loves! As for feeling like you submitted to Thorn, maybe just talk to your Sir and explain it to him and try to come up with a solution for next time. Communication is key.. I know that's so cliche, but I truly believe in it. Hope things get better soon, and don't change for anyone. Stay you. The key is staying yourself and submitting at the same time. It's something I struggle with too, so I kind of know how you feel in a certain way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Playful. Its an awful feeling to feel conflicted like this, feeling like i have betrayed my own self, even though carrying out the task that made me feel like that is what Sir would have wanted anyway....complicated, confusing, disheartening. I know for certain that to be a happy person, no matter the lifestyle i have to stay true to myself. My true self would not have just meekly done as she was told by Thorn. By Sir - yes - but that is so different. So there wont be a next time. I wont do it again. thanks for your support and kind and encouraging words
      hugs kiwi xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, Kiwi. My thoughts go out to you, and I wish there was more I could do to help you. Please know I'm here for you if you ever need to talk or vent. I agree with "playful little brat". Communication is the key. Also, remember that a lot of people struggle with thoughts like this whether presently or in the past and you aren't alone. Just remember the saying "in the end it's all ok. If it's not ok, then it's not the end". Everything will work out for the best.

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, Kiwi. My thoughts go out to you, and I wish there was more I could do to help you. Please know I'm here for you if you ever need to talk or vent. I agree with "playful little brat". Communication is the key. Also, remember that a lot of people struggle with thoughts like this whether presently or in the past and you aren't alone. Just remember the saying "in the end it's all ok. If it's not ok, then it's not the end". Everything will work out for the best.

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you chelsea - its a tough one to know where the boudary line is. I have decided that if Sir asks me to take the phone to him I will but other than that if it happens again, she, like anyone else who rings him, will have to wait.
      :) i think thats a good compromise.

      Delete
  4. I don't think keeping the peace and swallowing pride at times is the same as being a doormat to someone. But you should do whatever you feel is right for you and your relationship. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea, its a difficult one - i think if it had been anyone else it wouldnt have been an issue - but it was "HER" and the way she spoke - just demanded.
      I have decided that in the future, if Sir asks me to take the phone to him I will but other than she can just wait until he is finished and ready to talk to her.
      I think thats a fair compromise.

      Delete
  5. Kiwi,
    You did what you knew he wanted you to do. It was a hard thing to do but you didn't submit to Thorn, but to your man. This issue with her is ongoing and I know you talk about it with him. What is he working towards that will make this situation a bit less stressful for you? Is there anything he's willing to do that would help? The fact that you felt like a doormat seems to show that you need to talk this out more with him and perhaps establish some boundaries that would be more healthy for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, yes thats true, I did. But doing that made me feel like a doormat - and i never want to feel like that. I think in the future if he asks for teh phone, ill take it to him, other than that she can wait, just like everyone else would do, you know?
      I think he realizes just how I do feel about her now and he is taking some steps to establish boundaries, but the problem with them is that Thorn doesnt (or just refuses) to recognise boundaries. Its infruriating.
      Thank you though, for now, its sorted. But there will be a next time, there always is.
      Hugs kiwi xx

      Delete
  6. sorry, i've completely missed this post! I'll talk with you about it instead of a long ass comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI melinda Sweetgirl - im looking forward to chatting with yo about it. :)
      talk soon
      hugs kiwi xx

      Delete
  7. We do not have any X spouses, so take this with a grain of salt... I wonder if you would have told her "I'll check and see if he wants to talk, he may want to wait until he's finished relaxing." Then I would ask him, making sure she can hear me defer to his wishes, not hers. God Bless You and Your Family, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A bit late to this.
    Cannot see that you are a doormat to her. You brought the phone to HIM, didn't you? You did as he wished.
    Next time, maybe ask her if this is important enough to disturb him, the only evening in the week he reserves for himself.
    Maybe ask her if you can convey the message.
    I cannot imagine anybody commanding my Lisa to bring the phone to me. My sweet little Lisa would quite colourfully tell that person what to do with it. And come to me to confess she had used some words she is not allowed to use.
    Sure time to get some of the sharpness of that thorn.
    Hugs,
    Bas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honey, you know that you often overthink these things in a way that's destructive for you. *hugs* I can see your mental wheels spinning and you go down to a negative place. You took the high road, averted fireworks, and did as your husband wished. That Thorn happened to be a side beneficiary is irrelevant because your concern is your husband and daughter, right? If you hurt Thorn, you hurt your family. Simple as that.

    BUT...I agree that it would have been a nice touch to say that you would check with your husband and see what he wished. That might have allowed you to feel a bit better.

    Love and hugs and lots of wishes for strength.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your compromise sounds logical. Good luck in dealing with this situation.

    FD

    ReplyDelete