Tuesday, 3 September 2013

The Big Move



Well folks, it has finally happened.  The Big Move.  I know it wasn't quite to the other side to the world but it sure felt like it.

Well, for Sir and my son that is.  I am still here.  But yes, they have finally made it down South.

As for me, I am now at the mercy of my sister in law for the next 2 weeks while I work out my notice here at work.  Little Miss is staying with her grandparents for a few days to enjoy their company until she leaves.

Wish me luck because I have to contend with Thorn (I know this is rude and disrespectful but give me a break huh she really does kind of deserve it).  The last weekend before we fly is spent with Thorn.  I am just hoping and praying that she doesn’t play up – you all know what it’s like to fly and check in times etc.  She only has to play up and make us late and we have missed flights.  I just hope she plays ball and gives Little Miss back to me.

It has been one of T H E most stressful times of my life.  For a while there it was make or break for Sir and me…well at least that’s how it felt.






But things finally came together with some time and some patience and understanding (some tears and tantrums) ( yes, after one or two spankings as well!) and even though we are 1200kms apart I have to admit I have not felt closer to Sir than I do right now.


So now it’s just a waiting game for me.  

This is day one, and it’s nearly over, so just another 11 to go and we will be reunited.

14 comments:

  1. Girl, I am keeping my fingers crossed and wishing you the best and for once,hoping time flies.

    Lots of Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best and hoping that everything goes smoothly with Thorn.

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks callie, I hope so too, this week has been a week from hell in regards to thorn, so Im not hopeful

      Delete
  3. Hi Kiwi,

    Hang in there. This has been an incredibly stressful time and you are almost there! It will be so worth it once you are settled in your new home and reunited as a family.

    Hopefully you can relax a bit now for the next two weeks, well other than work that is :) Wishing you all the best. I have my fingers crossed and hope all goes smoothly with Thorn.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi roz
      yes its been very stresful. Cant wait to get down there though :)

      Delete
  4. Best of luck, try to relax when you can and know it will all soon be settled and its a new chapter..something to look forward to.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori, cant wait to get settled and then i can blog more :) and DD will be back properly and consequences and rules...im feeling a little lost at the moment.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with it all. Sounds super stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee - yes just a bit. Hopefully nearly over.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad it's mostly over..phew. I don't blame you for being so stressed out. Moving is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stormy
      Thanks, yes almost over. Thank goodness. Im so looking forward to getting back to normal - i feel kinda lost without our routines and without DD as such...funny that!

      Delete
  7. I feel so excited that this will all be over for you in 11 days. I know it's been a long journey, and the stress has been great for you for so long. :( But I am so glad that you guys are so close together now, and that you'll be so glad to be back together. :) Will be hoping that flights are all caught on time, and that in 11 days, you're all together and can spend some time relaxing before attacking the unpacking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad more things have been worked out since your previous post. Moving is tough and I've never dealt with such a big change as going all the way across the country!

    ReplyDelete