Sunday, 14 July 2013

A test of submission

We choose this lifestyle and we put all our faith in our HOH. Faith to lead us and make the right decisions for our family. We trust in our HOH’s to chose the right path, make the right decisions, to not put a foot wrong and in return we give our submission to them, we promise to obey and submit to their judgement and decisions. Usually, for me, this is quite easy. Everyday stuff is easy to follow and submit to. It’s the big life decisions that are hard. And right now, we are facing a big life changing decision. To move or not to move, that is the question. It is something we both want and have talked about it for last year. Suddenly it’s here. The time to move house, a big move, not just to another house but to another region. If we was in the US We would be moving states. But things are not going smoothly. And I am a big believer in signs. It’s been a struggle to get finances together. The place where Sir wants to work is now laying off and not taking on. The house we are trying to rent is now not available. The town we wanted to live in only has that one house to rent – and now it’s gone. And the big ? for me is my son and whether he will come with me or stay with his father. All of that is telling me something. Now, if I were being a true submissive, I would trust sir. He tells me not to worry, he will work elsewhere until the place he really wants to work starts hiring again. He tells me not to worry about a house, yes the place is ideal for us, but we will find somewhere else. He assures me we have plenty of spare cash to cover the move and cover expenses until he finds work; and my son, well, if he doesn’t come then I am not abandoning him, but giving him a second option of a better place if he decides later on. If I were a good submissive wife I would follow him. We have talked and discussed and he has heard my concerns. But he has made up his mind. We are going and that’s that. I need to be able to trust his judgment. Accept his decision and move. Do I trust the signs and believe my gut feeling. Or is my gut feeling confused with fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of losing my son. Do I trust my HOH. The times my son shows a keenness to come with us, then I’m all for it. And that tells me something as well. So I think it’s the latter. I’m just scared and I need to get over that and put my trust in my HOH. Before now, it’s been easy. Just little things, follow his set rules, it’s been plain sailing. But this is a big decision. This is real, this is real life I guess. This is a test. A true test of my faith and love and trust and my submission … and it’s not easy.

9 comments:

  1. Kiwi, my heart goes out to you. I am a true believer in signs so I don't envy you this decision. Hugs and prayers you make the decision that is right for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwi i think your giving yourself too much of a hard time here (but isnt that a submissive trait, i wander?), dont think yourself any less submissive because of all this.....this is big step, your a mother as well as a submissive....you have feelings, thoughts that are valid.

    hugs

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwi, I feel for you so much. You may be a submissive but this is a big decision and one I think should be made together. Add to that the situation with you son as well and you have very valid concerns and feelings. I think you are right too, part of it is fear of the unknown, which is only natural.

    I have been thinking of you and really hope this all works out in the best way for all of you.

    ((Hugs))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sunnygirl, thanks. Its not easy, not at all. I want to go but everything seems to be conspiring against it. Or is it just me and the fear of the unknown!!!

    Tori. Do you really think so? Maybe. Not sure. If so then its certainly a submisive trait isnt it. Which doesnt make like any easier. I just wish Sir would listen to me, just hear me out and then we can decide. Thanks though, yes i agree i may be submissive but there are times when we have to be more than that, i DO have valid thoughts and feelings. :)

    Roz. Thanks chick. ITs a toughie. Its not that I dont want to go, I so dearly want to. Its scary and I dont like change. My son is old enough to decide where he wants to stay, but he refuses. Its not like he is a young child. But not quite an adult either. I feel bad for him too. I guess I could say that its a tough life lesson for him to learn that life throws curve balls and changes happen - not everything can stay the same as it is. It doesnt help with having parents stay with us, that dont get along with Sir and are very judgemental about the move and think (and voice their opinions strongly too) its the wrong thing to do. Im scared, confused and very worried about it all and feeling very guilty about my son. Arrgghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont envy your situation at all. I'm one who stresses a lot though but where I stress a lot over little things, big things are all just too much for me. Follow your heart, it will likely lead you to following your HoH ;)

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you are going through this Kiwi but as others have said your feelings and concerns are valid and have an important place within this decision.

    It can be hard to put your trust completely in when your gut is telling you not to but sometimes taking that leap of faith leads to wonderful things, things that you could never imagine unless you jumped.

    Good luck and please let us know how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you know this is all about fear, fear of losing your son and your connection with him. I'd be the same! I have never faced it but I know I'd struggle so much.

    I'm reading between the lines, but it seems as if your husband is "okay" with your son staying, and maybe that hurts some too? He's making a decision based on HIS emotional well being, and telling you everything will be fine. But your heart hurts and is torn, there is no peace there.

    You cannot force peace to reside within you.

    It doesn't mean you don't trust him, if you don't sign on to this move with your whole heart. In my opinion he should be concerned about your spirit within you, what makes you whole..and where your emotions are in all of this. It is his responsibility to care for and nurture you in all ways, and for each need.

    I personally don't have a stronger drive than my mothering instincts. I trust them, they are deep within me and they matter.

    Praying for you and your husband in all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Callie, hi, thanks. Im following him but not without some resistance and fight - its not pretty. But we will get there. Things are improving and I NEED to post an update.

    Hiya DB - thanks :) its hard but things are working out slowly but surely. I will post an update this week.

    Stormy - thank you hon, your words have a lot of comfort for me. Things are slowly working out and I will post an update this week. Thank you though.

    Thank you all for your support in this. Its been a really tough one for me, so thank you - heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot going on and it's not at all an easy decision to make. It sounds like you are both communicating a lot about all the things happening which is good. I hope it all works out for the best for everyone.

    ReplyDelete