Not that sort of quicky - I wish LOL.
This is a quickie…just to let you know I’m still here.
Life has been hectic, mainly at work but at home too. I feel like I have had hardly a moment to take a breath.
ON top of that I have had some rather frustrating technical difficulties with computers and so I have not been around much to blog.
And now on top of that, I found out yesterday I have house guests arriving very soon for an indefinite period of time.
However, I am hopeful that things are slowly going back to normal now.
The computer technical problems are all but fixed now.
I am busy at home still. The usual family stuff and doing everything while Sir is still on night shift. I also joined WW again. 6 weeks ago. So I’m complete immersed in following that properly and working out 3 – 4 times a week.
And now on top of that, I found out yesterday I have house guests arriving very soon for an indefinite period of time.
Great! Oh joy of joys! My first thought was yeah no more “consequences” for a while. Hah! That’s what I thought. I was soon put right last night during our maintenance session. With the house guests I will feel “safe” and “complacent” and I will “act out” and become “lippy and cheeky and disobedient” or so I was told last night. He proceeded to show me what would happen if I did any of those things, the minute the house guests leave. Or if I pushed hard enough, even while they are with us!
So I’m writing my first post in a wee while with a sore bottom and a heavy heart full of worry and the hand of doom hanging over my head to behave or a big ELSE! It’s not that I don’t want our house guests – they are family and I love them dearly – but they put so much pressure on me and I feel it easily and it will just spill over as it usually does and then I'll have to face the gang plank.




Hi Kiwi,
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see you post again, glad your computer issues are now resolved and I hope things are settling down a little for you at work.
Good on you re-joining WW and working out. You are doing great :)
Oh boy. It can be difficult to maintain your roles when there are guests in the house. Easier said that done I know, but try not to fret in advance about it. Take deep breaths then talk to him when you feel that pressure build, let him calmly 'talk you down' before it overspills. You can get through this without walking that gang plank afterwards.
Hugs,
Roz
thanks roz, good to be back :) ive missed everyone. Thanks about WW - getting there slowly :)
DeleteHmmmm guests. I have been given a deadline - 4 weeks time they will be here for at least 2 months. As much as I love them...its going to be hard - least of all is the lack of discipline it will entail. Ahh well, this is life I suppose :)
Hey Kiwi,
ReplyDeleteI will be thinking of you for sure! We are just getting our empty next back - it's been a long TTWD dry spell around here. Glad your computer is well.
Thanks PK :)
DeleteI'll keep my fingers crossed that all will go well.
ReplyDeletethanks Sunnygirl - your toes too please :D
Deleteit will be a good test of my submission ability wont it? :)
Hang in there Kiwi. Piece of advice, get a house that is too small for guest to visit. My house is so crowded with kids and there friends that nobody stays overnight at our house. Well except for teenagers who play music loudly at the other end of the house
ReplyDeleteLOL sounds like a plan ;)
DeleteKiwi! Its always nice to hear from you. :) eek sounds like the spanking certainly got the point across! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHaving house guests can be a lot of pressure to constantly entertain and help everyone. But they have to go out sometime, so don't count him out on following up with you. ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear from you! Just wanted to drop by and say good luck with the house guests, those can be some stressful times which makes it even harder to behave.
ReplyDeleteOh I hear ya. I feel so "untouchable" when we have houseguests. He lets me know that I'm not! But it's just very easy to slip, with the change in routine and the extra distractions.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, Kiwi!