Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Control issues and the rug beater

 
Sounds a little bit like an American TV drama series, doesnt it? (Like The Scarecrow and Mrs. King or Starskey and Hutch) LOL. I wish.
I am not handling nightshift as well as I thought I would. Sir and I are working at it but it’s causing some issues and not where you might expect it. We had a good discussion about it last night in the shed. My bottom bore the brunt of the discussion and finally I think we made some headway.
The main issue is control. Yes, Sir is in control, he is HOH, he is SIR to be loved and respected; to be honoured; to be obeyed. But during the week, when it’s just me well, it’s different. It feels different. I may follow the rules; I’m in bed by 10.30pm. I’m doing my exercise (for the most part and it may very well be like pulling teeth for Sir to get me to do them, but I do, do them eventually) I’m not arguing and fussing with Little Miss (well, not usually). Anything I do that breaks a rule I write down or I tell him and write it down. It’s more emotional. It’s more about the space my head and attitude are in. When it’s just me and the kids, basically I feel I’m in charge. I wear the boss hat. And basically although I follow Sir’s rules, I still feel in charge and the boss. And its really hard to re-adjust on a weekend when sir his home.

Before nightshift, when Sir is around, he is without a doubt in charge and in control. There was no question. And if I did question, then woe betide me, the consequences were then and there. When he started nightshift our dynamic changed. Not overnight, but we agreed on Sunday night that yes over the time he has been working nightshift, it has changed or at least my perception of it has changed. He feels very much still in charge - and phycially he is...its my attitude my heart my I am finding it very hard to give back the control on a weekend when he is home. We have spent more time fighting and arguing over the last couple of weekends and this last weekend was the worst.
My attitude was awful.
I was argumentative.
I was sullen.
I was cruel with the words used. I threatened to leave him.
I was disrespectful and disobedient.
There were tears and raised voices (on my part).
Sir took it in his stride, until we reached the shed last night. He had rearranged things as to my position. He had me bend across a wide bench so that I could read from my book while in position. He made me read it over and over again out loud to him. He started with the flogger. He made me repeat three sentences over and over again:
“Sir is my boss”
“I must obey Sir”
“I must stay within my boundaries”.
Over and over again I had to repeat these words. He used the flogger and the paddle, the studded strap and the rug beater. At one stage with the studded strap he drew blood - just little spots where the studs break the skin. I struggled big time with that, that horrible spanking panic feeling. So he stopped using it. Thankfully. Funnily enough when he first used the strap I had my face down and I didn’t see it, it hurt but I didn’t have that panic feeling. It was only when I saw what he was going to use that I “panicked”… perhaps a blindfold next week might help so that I can’t see what is coming. He often tells me not to look at him, to keep my face down as he is spanking me. Something to think about.
Every few swipes I had to say thank you. And then repeat what I had done wrong and then repeat the three sentence mantra. He gave me a couple of breaks in between and then it was back to it. He agreed with me that I am struggling to hand over control to him on a weekend but he also said that I had better hurry up and learn because in the meantime he would show me no leniency towards my attitude. I had better get it in check or else … more of last night.
Finally, it was over. He left me in position to pull myself together and to think about things. And then he took me in his arms, and I mumbled my apologies into his chest. He stroked my hair and kissed the top of my head. He led me back to the house and up to bed where he tucked me in for sleep. And oh boy did I sleep well.
I'm currently feeling quite meek and humble and submissive. I hope I can make it last. He promised me that if I am a good girl all week then next Sunday we will only use the flogger. But if I misbehave in anyway shape or form, actions or attitude – then the rug beater will come out to play too.
 

I think its just a matter of him getting and me letting him into my head again. 
 
 
 
And I guess there is one sure fire way of doing that...and that's plenty of this....
or maybe lots more of this..................


18 comments:

  1. Wow, I knew from the title this wasn't going to be good! It's always interesting to read how others do things. The intensity you describe here, the implements used (studs..."drawing blood") are both things Grant and I would not be comfortable with ( we aren't really happy if I bruise) but you seem more than comfortable with this, and knowing you, you likely bought the studs yourself! I'm glad you're feeling like you're more settled between you.


    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara. I guess we all see and read things that happen with other couples that we would not be comfortable with ourselves. TTWD is certainly not a one size fits all is it. I dont mind the marks...I use it as a reminder. I am unsure of leaving marks that draw blood...but when I say draw blood - they are tiny little dots where the studs mark and I think my skin has become a little "thin" - he has litteraly "worn me out" lol. I didnt buy the studded belt, it was his long before we got together, but it was the very first implement he spanked me with so it has some sentimental value...but no I dont like it at all lately. And it shows how far we have come since i first stumbled on to your blog and started asking you and Grant questions :) and if i have never said it, thank you for al your help and support.
      We are getting there...slowly...it helped that I had 3 spankings in one day yesterday, but more of that to come next week ;)
      Hugs kiwi xxx

      Delete
  2. Yes, it can be very hard from running the show all week to switching back, at times it makes one down right resentful so this is something we struggle with too.

    So sorry for your bottom, we have a studded strap too and its not fun. Keep working at it, this is still new and some weeks will be harder than others but eventually the harder ones will be further apart.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DB - glad im not the only one with a studded strap - yes we are getting there....a 3 spankings in one day incident yesterday helped at lot too - more to come LOL

      Delete
  3. The longer and more detailed approach seems to work for you. I hope your week is going well and that you'll be rewarded (if that's the term) on Sunday with something a little less intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right. But unfortunately Im sorry to report that no i wont be getting a less intense spanking on Sunday...gone and blown that one... :(

      Delete
  4. That would be really hard having to switch back and forth in roles for when he's gone and then around again. I hope you both find a balance to make it work and you can look forward to the nice spankings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lea, yes it is hard...I am just going to have dig deep and find my submission :)

      Delete
  5. Oh Kiwi, that sounded intense, I'm sorry for you and your bottom! I'm glad you are feeling in more of a submissive mindset though.

    It is hard being the one on the spot and in charge then having to give up that control again. As you said though, he very much remains in control, even though he is not there. Even though it may not feel like it, you are continuing to practice submission by following your usual rules plus the rules that have been specifically introduced for night shift, such as the bed time rule. Perhaps you can look for other ways of enforcing your dynamic during night shift?

    Night shift does create a huge change to the running of the household, and your relationship in general and add to that a ttwd dynamic. This is still fairly new so hang in there. I hope you both find a way to make it work for you.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, yes it was...over and done with now. We talked the other day - we went out to lunch and just talked about it and we both agree is so good when it works, we have such a closer intimate relatinoship, no lingering ill feelings after an argument, things get done, there is love and honour and respect towards each other - that i have not had in other relationships...and he loves being teh boss...im sure it brings out the "man" in our HOHs.
      We will find a way for this nightshift to work, and as you say, i am submitting physcially by following rules and doing chores - i have to find it in my heart and head...a little harder to do but getting there slowly.

      hugs kiwixx

      Delete
  6. It certainly doesn't sound easy, but it sounds like you're learning how to cope and how to give him that control even when he's not there. Have you guys ever thought of some little subtle instructions for him to give you when he's not there? Just something to make you feel that submissive feeling? Having to wear a certain color bra, or a certain bracelet or something like that - that way when you see whatever it is, you'll have that feeling of submissiveness just to kind of remind you? Not sure if you guys have tried that, or if it's something you'd want to try, but just figured i'd throw it out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke, thanks for the idea - great one I will have to try something like that...Ive been trying to think of some things we could do like that....and the fact that immediate consequences have gone out of teh window doesnt help...we talked about figging not so long ago but we both chickened out on that one...but maybe its something to think about again...perhaps the ginger could be used as a punishment when he is not there and at bedtime maybe i have to use it when i call him good night...keep it in for the length of the phone call type of thing...as punishment for whatever i did that he didnt have time to deal with before he left for work....thats what im thinking...dont know...work in progress lol

      Delete
  7. Having recently been through a rough patch, questioning my submission etc i do have some understanding of this...its not always easy..sometimes its just plain difficult and frustrating because we dont want to 'fight' them.

    But you both want it to work, there will always be a way, its just finding the way that works for you both.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi tor, it is frustrating because we DONT want to fight them, but somehow we still do. Hard for them too. As my sir keeps telling me whether he is there or not he is the boss....i need to feel it again. A 3 spankings in one day session yesterday certainly helped...more on that next week...but meantime, it certainly got my submission back in to shape...my poor bottom!
      And i think some submission exercises maybe and some alternative punishments that he can use when he doesnt have time to spank when he is on his way out of the door....more talking i guess...more spanking I guess...we will get there.
      Thanks for the support :)

      Delete
  8. Kiwi.........

    Goodness sakes girlfriend......get that submissive mindset to stick around a while longer......if for nothing else, for the sake of your poor bottom. Ive never used a carpet beater....but have considered purchasing one for my Professor and I. :) We too have broken skin on occasion....not with a studded strap or even a cane (which most expect to break skin).....actually the first time was just a very long, hard paddling when I hadnt been spanked for quite some time.....an electrical cord was the next culprit. It certainly isnt common but I've never minded donning *His* marks.....we obviously never aim for broken skin but marking, bruising, welts, etc in general serve as a good, tender reminder for me to behave for several days as my Dom and I do not live together so misbehavior is not often immediately addressed.....and I almost find something very primal & sexy about having *His * marks on my body....and I know he loves it too. :) Behave girly!

    Imp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi imp - happy St. Patricks day firstly.
      I wish i could keep my submissive mindset longer...would certainly save my bottom. The carpet beater is painful....if you do get one, good luck and go easy at first. Im glad we are not the only ones to have broken skin...it worried me at first...but i do like marks...the soreness the next day or two helps with that submissive feeling Last night i went to bed with a sore bottom - and it stayed sore all night.
      ill try to behave

      Delete
  9. One word- EEEEEEEeEEeEeEoOoOWWWw! (Is that a word?)

    But seriously, I can't imagine. I don't do well with schedule changes, where I'm running the show and then suddenly I'm not. I do not adjust well, so I get attitude adjustments. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a word in this blogland my friend, thats for sure.
      no i dont like change in any way shape or form and im not handling it well - even though i promised myself i would. im sure sir is there behind me though trying to help me through it, however which way he can :)

      Delete